“Fantastic.”

Ranked #73 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I absolutely loved this place. I stayed in this place twice actually on the same trip. I stayed in the Studio Apartment on Krakowska 36 Street with my girlfriend for 2 nights and I stayed in the Apartment on Jozefa Street for one night, so my review is based on these 2 places.

You have to go to the main check in building first to get your apartment keys, and then walk to the apartments from there (the 2 apartments are only 2-5 mins walk away so it's not so bad). The staff at the reception are really friendly, and they answered a lot of my questions including arranging a trip to Auschwitz.

Firstly the Krakowska Studio apartment was really nice. The thing about these apartments is that they are really cosy and feel very homely. Although the apartment isn't necessarily enormous, it's big enough for the two of us, and we loved it. The bed was comfy, and the apartment comes with Iron & Ironing board, tea, coffee, kettle, all your plates, cutlery and cups etc. I'm pretty sure they had pots and pans too (I can't remember, but I'm 95% sure). The wifi router is in the apartment so you get a strong signal, and I would have loved to have stayed there longer. It was on the 3rd floor with no lift, but no problem, and it's very secure (A middle and top lock on the door). You can catch the 8 / 10 tram to the old town square or the main bus station, or you can walk to the square which we did, and it's a pleasant walk (15mins approx).

The Apartment on Jozefa street again lived up to the same quality as the last apartment. 2 bedrooms, lovely bathroom, kitchen & dining table (nice and big!). The apartment was very clean and the whole design of the place was great. You get a sofa in each bedroom as well, and I would have loved to have stayed there for longer then one night. It had all of the same facilities as the last flat in the kitchen with some basic cleaning stuff as well. The flat is on the first floor, and again is very secure.

If you want breakfast, you can have breakfast at the hostel in the main check in building, but it's not terribly exciting (Tea, coffee, orange juice, yoghurt, some bread, cheese & ham), but it was good enough for me as a student and for 10zl you can't complain too much. Also I used their laundry service at the hostel for 10zl, and I gave it to them around 11:30pm, and it was ready and dry by around 9:15am the next morning.

Overall, I can't recommend this place enough. If you want to stay in Krakow, stay in one of their apartments. Myself and my girlfriend both enjoyed it, and I will be going back their again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what the normal rooms are like, but I definitely recommend you stay in one of the a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed in this lovely hostel for 4 nights. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was really nicely decorated and very clean. Breakfast was good and when we had to leave early for the airport they made sure we could have breakfast beforehand. The hostel itself is really close to the lively Jewish quarter, with many bars and restaurant close by. The walk home felt safe even late a night. The Old Town and central Krakow is also within walking distance so the location is perfect for tourist attractions. Overall, a really enjoyable stay - I would definitely recommend the hostel to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Can't praise this place enough. We stayed 3 nights in the cool and quirky loft room and had such a great stay. Welcoming and helpful staff, reliable wi-fi, overall cleanliness, a little outside terrace and a convenient location near the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter. The kitchen/dining area is lacking cutlery and dishes, with breakfast served on disposable utensils such as paper plates and plastic cups - a bit wasteful. What we liked about the kitchen however was its' large size and that it's suitable for basic self catering.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in the private apartment (the larger one). It was VERY nice. Quiet, functional kitchen, very clean and has a washing machine. If you don't want to share a room or aren't up for the typical hostel scene but still want something economical, this is a great choice. They let us check-in early (since the apartment was ready) which was also great. Nice location- outside of the bustle of the old town but just a 5 minute tram ride to old town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kolo, Poland
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We are an American family of 5 living near Warsaw, and when we had family visiting from the US, we all wanted to visit Krakow for a long weekend. Our children are 5, 3, and 1, so obviously this is important to have a good place that is very friendly for children.

We had a wonderful stay. The staff were very helpful, and willing to answer any questions, and made very good recommendations for us, with the children in mind.

The rooms were much nicer than we expected, and the hostel is less than a 10 minute easy walk to Wawel castle.

And the water pressure in the showers was excellent! Always a great plus ;-)

I plan to return. :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JacobThrelkeld
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I spent three days with my boyfriend at the Secret Garden hostel, at the studio in Krakowaska street. Such an good choice! The staff is always kind and they organized the transfer shuttle from the airport (at 1 am) and also the visit to auschwitz and birkenau. The studio apartment was great.. just 200 mt from the main hostel and very close (less than 5 minuts walking) to Plac Nowy (with its restaurants, pubs, etc.) and also walkig distance to the center of the old town (about 20 min) and to the wavel castle (10 min). The price is good.. 560 zloty, circa 140 euro for the studio for three days! :) and the studio is full equipped with little kitchen, pans, refrigerator and a lot of other stuff that we didn't use!
Only bad point: the breakfast not excellent.. some bread, marmelades and few slices of cheese and ham, nothing more.

If I would come again to Krakow, I will definetely step by the secret garden hostel! :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here with some friends in early summer 2013 and it was truly one of the best experiences of our time in Poland. the hostel was clean, and adorable, really unique! The location was easy to find, and in a good, central location. The highlight for us, was the staff. They helped us book some day trips out of the city, and recommended to us a restaurant that ended up being our favorite spot in Krakow. I definitely recommend this hostel for anyone coming to the city!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends