The Secret Garden Hostel
US$140
US$171
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsplac wolnicajewish quarterlavender roomclockwork orangeprivate apartmentshared bathroomold townfree tea and coffeenice and helpful staffbudget pricetram stopsingle roomminute walkroom doorwawel castledecent breakfastliving room
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed a the apartment at Krakowsa street, two blocks from the hostel. Arriving late at night was no problem, they have a 24 hour reception. A couple of weeks before you arrive they offer you transportation from the airport to the hotel. We can definitely recommend this, because the hotel is not downtown but in the Jewish quarter and we arrived late at night. They wait for you just when you have passed Customs.

The apartment is spacious enough and like said in the earlier reviews exactly like the pictures show you.

Contrary to earlier reviews, the apartment has the best Wifi of all the places we stayed during our vacation.

There were no disappointments, the apartment is good value for money.

The reception is very friendly and informative too.

You only have to be aware that the apartment is on the third floor (fourth floor USA) with no elevator so you have to take a flew flight of stairs to get to your apartment.

We also would like to mention that the shower cabin is very small.

Although the apartment building has no number, the reception explains you exactly how to find it (between the place where they sell alcohol and the place were they sell bra's (lingerie store with the red colored sign of the brand Triumph outside), it is a little adventure (especially late at night).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Spinniecur
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Would like to say thank you to the staff at the hostel who couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, was giving a apartment which we couldn't fault . Was very clean and the breakfast catered for all our needs , would give the hostel and staff 10/10 , loved Poland and can honestly say best holiday we have had , thank you so much

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darrin M
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in the apartment that belongs to the hostel. The street was quiet so we could relax peacefully. The apartment was just next to the river. Very clean, bedding, towels, hair dryer, coffee machine, tea, coffee, sugar, iron, tv, wifi - all included. Staff at the reception was really nice and helpful. We could also leave the luggage when we were leaving.

Just 10 min walk from the Castle and about 20 from the main square. It's in Kazimierz and within 10 min walk you can find many fantastic pubs and restaurants. Tram stop was just 3 min walk.

Definitely would recommend the apartments and will definitely come back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb242014
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I absolutely loved this place. I stayed in this place twice actually on the same trip. I stayed in the Studio Apartment on Krakowska 36 Street with my girlfriend for 2 nights and I stayed in the Apartment on Jozefa Street for one night, so my review is based on these 2 places.

You have to go to the main check in building first to get your apartment keys, and then walk to the apartments from there (the 2 apartments are only 2-5 mins walk away so it's not so bad). The staff at the reception are really friendly, and they answered a lot of my questions including arranging a trip to Auschwitz.

Firstly the Krakowska Studio apartment was really nice. The thing about these apartments is that they are really cosy and feel very homely. Although the apartment isn't necessarily enormous, it's big enough for the two of us, and we loved it. The bed was comfy, and the apartment comes with Iron & Ironing board, tea, coffee, kettle, all your plates, cutlery and cups etc. I'm pretty sure they had pots and pans too (I can't remember, but I'm 95% sure). The wifi router is in the apartment so you get a strong signal, and I would have loved to have stayed there longer. It was on the 3rd floor with no lift, but no problem, and it's very secure (A middle and top lock on the door). You can catch the 8 / 10 tram to the old town square or the main bus station, or you can walk to the square which we did, and it's a pleasant walk (15mins approx).

The Apartment on Jozefa street again lived up to the same quality as the last apartment. 2 bedrooms, lovely bathroom, kitchen & dining table (nice and big!). The apartment was very clean and the whole design of the place was great. You get a sofa in each bedroom as well, and I would have loved to have stayed there for longer then one night. It had all of the same facilities as the last flat in the kitchen with some basic cleaning stuff as well. The flat is on the first floor, and again is very secure.

If you want breakfast, you can have breakfast at the hostel in the main check in building, but it's not terribly exciting (Tea, coffee, orange juice, yoghurt, some bread, cheese & ham), but it was good enough for me as a student and for 10zl you can't complain too much. Also I used their laundry service at the hostel for 10zl, and I gave it to them around 11:30pm, and it was ready and dry by around 9:15am the next morning.

Overall, I can't recommend this place enough. If you want to stay in Krakow, stay in one of their apartments. Myself and my girlfriend both enjoyed it, and I will be going back their again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what the normal rooms are like, but I definitely recommend you stay in one of the apartments.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed in this lovely hostel for 4 nights. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was really nicely decorated and very clean. Breakfast was good and when we had to leave early for the airport they made sure we could have breakfast beforehand. The hostel itself is really close to the lively Jewish quarter, with many bars and restaurant close by. The walk home felt safe even late a night. The Old Town and central Krakow is also within walking distance so the location is perfect for tourist attractions. Overall, a really enjoyable stay - I would definitely recommend the hostel to friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends