“excellent location in krakow”

Tango House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 128 Krakow B&B and Inns
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
“excellent location in krakow”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Our 5 day stay in Krakow was really wonderful thanks to centrally located Tango House B&B. The staff were warm, welcoming, and very helpful about local tours and restaurants. The short walk from the train station and town square just around the corner made this a perfect spot. I loved the tango music and theme.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jolson125

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Well I don't think I can write anything about Tango house that has not already been written. Its a lovely B&B, we had a very warm welcome. Our room was up a couple of flights of stairs and at the front of the house facing the street and the bar opposite. There was a little noise from the bar but nothing that kept us up. The double glazing worked very well :)

The breakfasts were very nice, a good variety of of food on offer.

The B&B is very close to the main square only about 30 seconds walk and it only takes about 10 mins to walk to the train station.

Could not of found anywhere better to stay for our visit to Krakow

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
CYPRUS
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have booked this hotel based on the excellent previous reviews and now that we are back we can say that we have Make the right choice.

Hotel is 5-10min walk from the central train station and the Mall of Krakow. The Main Market square is just around the corner less than 100m. Although the hotel is in the heart of Krakow
it is located in quitet street so there no noice to disturb you.

Although we have arrived late the staff was waiting us with a smile and offered a welcome drink.

The hotel is located in old traditional/preserved building and when you get into the main building you will see the beautiful staircase with the painting On the wall. As it is a preserved building there is not elevator but there are not so many stairs to go up so it not such a big problem.

We have booked an economy double rooms which we knew in advance that will be small as it was but not a big problem as we did not spend A lot of time in the room as we only return back late for sleep. Rooms was very nice decorated and rooms are kept in high standards and well maintained.

It was spotless same as for the bathroom the central heating was working properly and we did not face any problems same as other reviewers.
Breakfast was very nice and you have enough to start your day.

If you book in advance you can find a bargain price for such a nice and centrally located hotel.

Many thanks to Iwona for her kind assistance and service always with a smile.

In any case the hotel is value for money and will definitely will go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ROULA-THANOS
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I had a wonderful weekend stay at Tango House, located right on Market Square - the main draw of Krakow. It was great to be able to come back to your room for a quick break between sightseeing. The staff here is excellent - they were able to point out the key tourist areas with a map. My room was perfect for me - very clean including the bathroom with modern European fittings and a kitchenette with refrigerator, coffee/tea and utensils. The included breakfast hits just the right notes - a selection of breads, cheese, eggs, cereal, coffee, juice and fruits.
I also purchased the Auschwitz/Birkenau tour through Tango House - very highly recommended...please don't take young children and be prepared to have a life-changing experience. The coach picked me up right outside the Tango House entrance.
For local transportation - I bought a 24 hour bus/tram ticket for 12 PLN from the kiosk at the Market Square -very convenient..... and finally, the main Krakow train station is a 10 min walk and its very normal to wheel your suitcase to your hotel, which is what I did.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, you will need to carry your luggage upstairs...choose a lower floor if a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Samir B
truro
Reviewed 25 April 2012

what a lovely place, very clean , staff very nice and helpful, and only a few mins walk to the main Krakow square, would visit again. Thanks a million to all the staff for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Parma
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had a very niche experience at the Tango House. The B&B is in the heart of Krakow, 50 meters from the market main square.
You can reach the centre of the town in 5 minutes walk.
The rooms have been recently renovated and are very comfortable.
We booked a double standard room with breakfast included.
The room window was on a lateral way and it was really quiet. Maybe the rooms on the main road might be a bit more noisy.
The breakfast room is very nice and well decorated. Breakfast is ok and you find everything you wish.
If you like tango music this is your place as everywhere you can hear the music and all the decorations follow the tango theme.
The personnel is really kind and helpful.
This place is highly recommended for a romantic and nice stay in beautiful Krakow

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Cebu City
Reviewed 22 March 2012

It's been almost a year since my great experience with Tango House. I didn't really get to see the place with my eyes; nor did I ever set foot on its grounds. (Hence it took this long to write this review because I wasn't sure if I would be in tandem with other visitors who actually stayed there). I was on a holiday with my family in April 2011. It will be one year soon thus I can't help but remember the great time we had in Krakow. But a single sad event was what led me to get to know the beauty of Tango House. I lost my mobile phone (from my bag) while we were walking around Market Square on April 7, 2011. I e-mailed my secretary back home to send a message to my phone, asking whoever had it to get in touch with the hotel where we actually went to. Of course I didn't get a word. Since it was impossible to look for it all over Old Town, I "gave it up" and just went on with the rest of our vacation. But after a week since coming back to the Philippines, the very kind staff at Tango House (Marcin) sent a message to my secretary's number saying they found my phone and asking how to send it back to me. They said they found it on the front steps of Tango House one morning. To make the very interesting long story short, I got in touch with Marcin, who, with the rest of the Tango House staff, arranged for my phone to be sent back to me in Cebu City, Philippines via UPS. I got it back on May 16, 2011 in very good condition. I told them i would pay them for their efforts, but they said they believed that "when you do something good, you do not ask payment for it". I was touched by their kindness and concern. I felt like they were old friends. The experience reinforced in me that "people are really good at heart". Thus, even if I had not been to the halls of Tango House, I know in my heart that it is a very beautiful place where visitors can find comfort and care because the staff are people with good and caring hearts. I will forever be grateful. God bless them always!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family