Hotel Columbus
Klezmer Hois(Krakow)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ester(Krakow)
1,392 results
All reviewsjewish quarterold townmini barthe main squareminute walklovely hotelscrambled eggstram stopbars and restaurantssalt minesrecommend this hotelkazimierz areasmall balconygood sizethe hotel staffschindler's factorysmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

Rooms are spotlessly clean with luxurious towels and bedding. Normal hotel size rooms but everything you need. Free bottled water and plenty of luxury toiletries. Great shower.
The staff are SUPERB!! Reception, door man and restaurant girls provide excellent service at all times.
Can't believe the value for money this hotel provides!!!! Situation is perfect - 10 min gentle walk to old town, 5 mins to main Jewish area. Shopping mall 15 min walk towards river.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 14 November 2012

A superbly located hotel, right in the middle of the city. You are spoilt for choices when it comes to choosing a good restaurant nearby.
As soon as I entered the hotel I clearly noticed it's cleanliness and stylish decor.
Everything was spotless, rooms modern and had everything you want for a short break.
We were at the back of the hotel, loved the fact it just felt European by the view and sounds.
Breakfast is amazing, always fresh and good choices from cereals to hot polish sausages, good bacon and scrambled eggs. A joy to eat decent food at breakfast unlike the embarrassing mush they serve in UK!

Room Tip: There are trams running regularly at the front of the hotel.
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. Receptionist and Porter very helpful and welcoming on arrival. Rooms good size and very clean. Breakfast was adequate. Good location just 10 minute walk to Old Town and right beside the Jewish quater. I would return to this hotel if in krakow again.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MoiraMcShannon
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed at Columbus 6 to 9 November with my wife. I can only echo the theme of previous posititve reviews. The location is spot on being half way between Old Town and Podgorze area for Schindler etc. Wawalem Hill also very close. The Hotel has an olde feel to it but has all mod cons.The room wasfine and clean to a high standard. Mini bar and free safe a bonus. Only 2 English channels on TV ie CNN News and BBC World news. Could do with an English entertainment channel to be perfect. As stated before breakfast was served in a spotless room with ample seating and was of a high standard.

There is a small supermarket across the road from the hotel where you can buy drinks snacks etc very cheaply. Turn left o/s hotel and a few yards up road on left is a great bakers with cakes, filled rolls etc really cheap.

For a good ,cheap meal turn right o/s hotel and right at 1st jn, then 1st on left is a road calledSzeroka which leads to a small square.. As you enter this square on your left is a small hotel containg a restauranr called Klezmer Hois which was very good and cheap. Further into the square on right is one called Szara Kazimiriez, also very good. There is a nice small pub whose name escapes me a couple of doors from it. If you turn right off the sauare you will come to Plac Nowy, a large square with numerous bars and eateries.

Alarge glas of beer cost about 8 zloty( £1.60) and an expensive main course about £12, although they start at about £5.

When I exchanged money in UK I got 4.9 to pund. I noticed in the Kantors(exchanges) around the main square they were quoting 5.23 commission free so you may be better changing bulk of money in Krakow.

Finally Ididnt fancy using public transport from airport or for my trip to auschwitz, so I booked on line with an ex pat who runs a tour and transfer service in Krakow. I picked his brains on line and he was very helpful replying promptly. The service provided was punctual, efficient and I enjoyed my tour which he accompanied and proved to be an affable and knowledgable guide. I would recommend him. ( phil.clark@krakowtours.co.uk ).

Hope you find these tips helpful. Krakow is a very interesting, entertaining and friendly City where you wont spend a fortune. Have a good trip..

Room Tip: We were at back so it was very quiet. Ive seen comments about trams at front but I must say when we had breakfast at the front on ground floor Icould hardly hear the trams so I wouldnt worry if Iwas at the front.
2  Thank SkegnessBiggerry
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The hotel is located in the Jewish quarter and only 10 mins walk from the main town square so the location is quite ideal. We had a double room, with balcony at the back of the hotel which was of decent size with modern bathroom. Small wardrobe with safe and the room had a mini bar (payable) with two complimentary bottles of water. Breakfast was more than adequate, with cereal, meats & cheeses, cakes and bacon & sausage. They allowed us to go into breakfast early on the day we visited Auschwitz as we had an early pick up.
Staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful and were happy to give directions and advise on where to change money and where to eat.
We arrived at 11am and were allowed into our room as it was ready. They stored our cases on check out as we had a few hours to pick up and once the mini bus came they took our luggage out for us.
If I return to Krakow I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as the trams run outside the hotel.
1  Thank dawn43