Hotel Columbus
Klezmer Hois(Krakow)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ester(Krakow)
1,392 results
All reviewsjewish quarterold townmini barthe main squareminute walklovely hotelscrambled eggstram stopbars and restaurantssalt minesrecommend this hotelkazimierz areasmall balconygood sizethe hotel staffschindler's factorysmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We rented 2 rooms in this hotel, one for me and my wife and another for my two daughters. The hotel has been recently renovated and is nice and clean with comfortable beds. Even though it is on a reasonably busy street with trams passing by, the sound proofing is excellent so you cant really hear the street noise even in the rooms facing the street. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel is reasonably priced and the location in Kazimierz is also excellent. It is about a 15 min walk from the old town center. However, it is near a square with many good reasonably priced restaurants and live entertainment.
I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter L
ColumbusHotelKrakow, Manager at Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for sending such kind comments.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel
and spent a good time in Cracow.
I am glad that our soundproofed windows meet your expectations.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recently stayed in Hotel Columbus with a couple of friends for a short break in Krakow and this hotel was flawless. We had a triple room at the front of the hotel and, despite the noise of the trams and road outside with the windows open, had no problem sleeping with them shut.

The whole hotel was very clean, all the staff were friendly and always happy to help or answer our questions.

We arrived early, before our room was ready, but the staff on reception were happy to look after our bags so we didn't have to take them with us for a few hours while we waited. Similarly when we left, we had to check out in the morning but our flight wasn't until the evening so they were happy to look after our bags.

There was a good selection of food at the buffet breakfast and complementary bottled water was provided daily in the room.

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the main square, but there are also many bars and restaurants within a few minutes.

We had no problems connecting to and using the free wifi to research things to do.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndrewT273

Thank you for staying with us at the Columbus hotel.
We are more than happy that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We truly hope to host you again in the nearest future at the Columbus Hotel.

ps. Thank you very much for your opinion regarding noisy street and our soundproofed windows.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have never stayed in a hotel that felt more welcoming. Every member of staff was incredible genuine, helpful and a real pleasure to deal with. The wi-fi was simple to connect to and always ha great speed. The breakfast always had a nice range, the facilities were clean and the bed was comfortable. The tours booked through the hotel were great. It really was a perfect base to experience all that Krakow has to offer. As per Tripadvisor recommendations I asked for a room at the back of the hotel and it was really quiet. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back. The tour company that the hotel work with are also great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony J
ColumbusHotelKrakow, Manager at Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for choosing Columbus Hotel for your recent stay in Cracow. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel. Thank you for sending such kind comments.
We hope to see you again soon.

Wishing you only good trips

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during our European vacation and we were very impressed!

We arrived around 12:30 on our first day (a Friday) and our room was ready almost immediately. The hotel is very modern and the room was very clean! We even had a great view of the castle.

The employees were all helpful but Michael was our favorite!! He set us up for the tours of the Salt Mines and Auschwitz, which made it very easy for us. But more than that, we enjoyed talking with him every time we passed by the lobby. It's not often when you stay at a hotel for a few days and you feel liked you've gained a friend. He even put our dinner leftovers in the fridge for us so that we could eat them later on our overnight train ride.

The breakfast was also wonderful- large selection! We hope one day to return to Krakow and if we do, we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Sciera
ColumbusHotelKrakow, Manager at Hotel Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Columbus hotel and for your positive feedback.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at our Columbus Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Having decided to visit Krakow for the first time I trawled through trip advisor for quite a few weeks to find like everyone else wants the best hotel to make our visit perfect......and thankfully the homework paid off! The Columbus was perfect. The hotel was spotlessly clean and staff always helpful. Breakfast was great with all diets covered. The hotel is in a perfect location for some great restaraunts in the old Jewish quarter. The hotel reception gave us a map on arrival that showed us where schindlers factory, pharmacy museum and Jewish ghetto ( both of the latter I knew nothing of but hold great stories behind) so glad I went and a nice 10-15 mins stroll but trams are easily accessible. The walk into krakow took about 5 mins but again you can easily use the trams. I had already read past reviews of sleeping on the front of hotel being noisy but I didn't bother requesting a certain room and although we were on the front we never found it a problem,yes you can hear the trams but certainly not enough to keep us awake. The Auschwitz and Birkenau tour is a must do when visiting....very humbling.
The Hotel Columbus proves you don't need to book into big 5 star hotels for a great holiday they provide just as much if not more than others as you get a bit more personal touches my only criticism is that this hotel should not be a 3 star....... It should be a 5.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank DaisyD1717

Thank you for staying with us at the Columbus Hotel and thank you for sending such kind comments.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel
and spent a good time in Cracow.

ps. Thank you for your opinion regarding the street view. I am glad that our new soundproofed windows keeping out street noise.