“Krakow visit”

Ranked #59 of 127 Krakow B&B and Inns
Cracow
“Krakow visit”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Friendly and helpful staff , much needed when you dont speak polish .Location from centre of city is a good distance but if you dont want to walk taxis are easly available and reasonable in cost

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank paul h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Genval, Belgium
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Only 15 minutes away from the main square, the hotel boasts masive rooms and gigantic bathrooms. The breakfast is gargantuan, staff is friendly, helpful and speaks decent english. I have been there several times and it's the first place I check when going to Krakow.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cimmerianbloke
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Free parking. Clean. Friendly staff. 15 min walk to centre. Unusually the internet price on Booking.com was better than the hotel offer but, after a phone call, they honoured it in a heartbeat. Good place.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank stoneski
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The inn did not make a good first impression. It has a very small street presence, and we couldn't immediately tell where the parking was. But once my husband and I drove through to the secure parking area and walked in to the inn, we were pleasantly surprised. It is very clean and modern. We had a triple room because our adult daughter joined us there for the Easter weekend. It was very comfortable, and we had free internet service. Breakfast was varied and delicious. The staff were very helpful. The inn is located near the university area and just a short walk to the old town. We stayed there 4 days and were very satisfied. The only drawback is that there is no elevator; getting luggage upstairs can be a challenge.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Roberta2011J
Manchester
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I stayed in this hotel last week and was absolutely delighted with what I got. I booked through bookings.com and was charged 180 zloty for 2 nights, whch is about £40. Firstly, if you are looking for a central location then this is not for you although it is on the main road into Krakow, from the airport. Bus number 208, from the airport, stops about 30 yards from the hotel. It takes about 20 minutes to walk into town and the area around the hotel appears to be perfectly safe. Inside, the reception is staffed by very pleasant people, who all speak good English and the place is spotless, as is the breakfast room. Breakfast is the usual mix of cold meats/cheeses/cereal/yoghurt but they also laid on some hot sausages. The bedroom was about 20 square metres, with a fairly sizeable en-suite bathroom and again these were absolutely pristine. The 2 twin beds were very comfortable and the linen was clean. There was a big TV, although no English stations and there was also a safe in the room. 2 small bottles of water were also provided, free of charge. It is probably the cleanest hotel I have stayed in and if I do go back to Krakow, which is highly likely, I will not hesitate to book in here, again. For £20 a night the value is unbeatable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank ManchesterDannyboy
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I arrived in Krakow as a solo traveller & the staff (who spoke good English) were friendly & helpful regarding directions & buses etc, even printing off bus times for me. They also gave me a map which was never out of my hand !!! My room & bathromm were pristine clean & a good size. The bed was very comfy & I slept well. Complimentary bottles of water welcomed me & boy, did I need a long drink after my journey. Scrummy breakfast with a good variety of cereal. There was also yoghurt, various fruit juices & several flavoured teas. The coffee was DELISH !! Lovely selection of bread & rolls, meats & cheeses, hot or cold local sausages Tomatoes, cucumber, gherkins, peppers. Fresh fruit to choose from also. I didn't need to eat again until mid-afternoon. No kettle in the room. There is a small bar which sells only beer. A 500ml bottle cost me 5 zloty (£1) Every day I walked into the market square which took about 20mins & not once did I feel unsafe returning to Antica in the evening. The streets are so clean. No litter or dog pooh !!! Take your brolly as there are several short lasting showers. I stayed 4 night here for approx £85. You could not ask for better value. If there was a 10** rating I would give it for the ANTICA GUEST HOUSE !!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank soloflyer59
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We are a couple in our fifties who stayed for one week. The hotel was immaculate, the room spacious and the staff so friendly. Breakfast, buffet style, was good. The twenty minute walk into the city centre felt safe even alone and after dark. There is a very reasonably priced "corner shop" across the road and a direct bus to Balice airport passes the hotel. Downside - no kettle in the room - take your own! Very busy and noisy (until midnight) main road - OK if you don't need to sleep with the windows open. Would we use the hotel again? Yes we would.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple