Grand Hotel Boutique
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Zimowit(Rzeszow)
US$69
Hotel Forum(Rzeszow)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate saunajunior suiteexcellent hotelgreat choice of breakfastgreat coffeebody lotionmain lobbypatio restaurantpianist playingin housecentre of towncomfortable bedscity breakair concentral locationspent daysbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel is located directly in the center of Rzeszow, but without the noise of the central market. The older part is organized around a big internal atrium. Several room are directed into that atrium and do not have windows to the outside. Rooms are spacious, modern and tastefully decorated in different ways. Not the standard 4-star business-hotel interiour. Large bathrooms, comfortable beds and space to move around your room. Some room with special features as own sauna, whirlpool etc. Some technical features are a little challenging. In the new part all rooms have external windows, huge tv and are in very good condition. Regulating the shower temperature showed to be almost impossible, though. Staff is friendly and breakfast as can be expected.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Went to attend a wedding in the Church nearby with the wedding reception being held in the hotel. Great start to weekend in the hotel's bowling alley and night club. Wedding reception next day was unbelievable. We have never eaten so much at a wedding and the food and service were first class. The staff were brilliant. Had lovely room 206 and only downside was the shower was a trickle but bath was fine. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Thank you to everyone for a fantastic weekend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Aneta J, Reservations Agent at Grand Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you so much for taking your time and writing such a great review. We are happy that your stay at Grand Hotel Rzeszów was felicitous. We are glad that you are satisfied with locations, rooms' comfort and the service received.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to host You soon again in the near future in Grand Hotel Rzeszów.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed for 1 night as we travelled across Poland. It appeared the hotel was going though a refit. First impressions were that the hotel was closed, once we found the entrance we walked into a fabulous reception area. Our room was large, modern and clean. Staff very helpful. Breakfast buffet was great. No complaints at all. Very close to the town square, very good selection of bars and restaurants, very cheap, will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Despite the fact that this hotel is called ‘Grand’ Hotel’ and has a ’4 star’ rating, after staying at this hotel for just 4 nights, I must say this hotel is not as grand as it sounds at all. Here I explained why.

(I have to summarise the full story here as the full story is about 2,300 words, which I have now published to my blogs.)

I made a reservation with this hotel in November 2012. The hotel cancelled my booking ON THE DAY I was due to arrive. They claimed they cancelled my booking because they could not pre-authorise my credit card on the same day's morning that I was arriving. I gave the hotel my credit card number 7 months ago, they didn't take the money or process a pre-authorisation then. A few weeks before I flew to Poland from England, I emailed the hotel to re-confirm my reservation. I received a reply to say my reservation was guaranteed and the payment would only be collected on arrival. So after I was told my booking was cancelled, I was very angry and annoyed. But at the same time the hotel also told me they have arranged me to stay at another hotel, I have no idea who that worked!

The hotel cancelled my booking because they thought I would not turn up, but then they booked me to another hotel. This doesn't sound right to me. In fact, based on the fact that the hotel told me there was no room for me after they cancelled my booking 2 hours before the check-in time, I could only guess the hotel was OVER BOOKED, so they booked me to another hotel. But instead of telling me the truth, they used the pre-authorisation as an excuse to cancel my booking. I have never come across to a dishonest and unreliable hotel like this until now.

As I said I was very angry and annoyed with the cancellation, so I requested to speak to the manager once I arrived at the hotel. Then guess what? I was now told there was a room available for me. So from one minute my booking was cancelled and I had to transfer to another hotel, to the next minute I didn't need to move anymore as there was a room available for me, the whole thing was just a joke to me!

Once I arrived at the hotel, I was given a room with electricity problems. I could never believe I would experience electricity problems in a room at a 4 star hotel. Basically the fuse box kept tripping, so there was no ceiling light, no wall lights and no electricity from any wall sockets. This is totally unacceptable. This room was just like bringing me to a third world country - no electricity.

I reported the problems to the hotel twice. I was told I would be transferred to another room but then later I was not transferring because the hotel decided to get an electrician in to fix the fuse box. How ridiculous is that to have an electrician fixing a fuse box in my room while I was there? In the end, the electrician couldn't fix the problem. I waited an hour before I phoned the reception to CHASE FOR an update of what was going to happen. Then this time I was told I was definitely moving to another room. I wasted half a day of my holiday because of the electricity fault in my room and moving to another room.

The whole experience staying at this hotel was awful. The breakfast that this hotel provided to me was another concern too. I was told breakfast would start to be served from 6.30am. I went to have a breakfast at about 8am on day 2 and 3, most of the food was half empty already. The remaining food did not seem and taste fresh to me at all. I couldn't work out whether most of the food was just eaten by other visitors before I came, or these food was left over from previous day. But one thing I am sure is that the breakfast bar was not busy at all while I was there. Food wasn't visually appealing to be honest. I just couldn't go back for the breakfast again on day 4 and 5.

There was some building work in progress while I was staying at the hotel. I was shocked and surprised to see the hotel was in the middle of a building site. No one from the hotel has warned me about the building work before I came to the hotel. When I was dropped off by a taxi at the hotel's carpark on the first day, I just couldn't believe it was a '4 star' hotel. Staff were not particularly friendly. There was no general greetings (good morning/afternoon/evening) from the staff at all. The hotel is next to busy roads, it’s handy to shops, pubs and restaurants but it got very noisy all day and most of the night. After an unpleasant visit at this hotel, I am 100% sure I will not go back to stay there again in my whole life!

I did contact the travel agent who I booked the room with to express my dissatisfaction. The agent passed my comments to the hotel, the hotel responded with a pile of excuses and non-sense. Grand Hotel Rzeszów doesn’t care and isn't bothered about my unpleasant experience with them. I can understand and imagine the problems happen to a 3 star or lower hotel, but Grand Hotel Rzeszów labels itself is a ’4 star’ rating hotel, shouldn't it provide a professional 4 star service to its customers? It is really a great disappointment to see a ’4 star’ hotel acts and behaves like a cheap hotel. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone, this is why I feel I should name and shame this hotel publicly, so other visitors can avoid getting the same awful experience as mine on their holiday!

Grand Hotel Rzeszów, shame on you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ADCastle
Aneta J, Reservations Agent at Grand Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Sir

We are really sorry for all inconveniences and misunderstandings. The Hotel staff is always trying to help and inform our Guests when there is a problem. In this case receptionist was not able to make a transaction when it was needed – inactive credit card. Grand Hotel Rzeszow is a four star hotel and we did everything to sort out the problem.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I enjoyed this hotel. I wish I had more time there. There are good sized, quirky, fun rooms. Some on the main central “courtyard” are a bit “exposed”, so shut your curtains appropriately. Beds were single (OK for me this trip), but you might ask in advance if you seek something larger. We had a very nice private dinner in the Fidel Room, where staff was very attentive. There was a good breakfast.

Unfortunately, there was no time for a run. The location was excellent for this, though – right downtown, and within access of the river, where others were running, walking, and biking. We were able to take a quick walking tour of town. I did have time to use the wellness facility. While it did not open until 7AM (seems a bit late), it was decorated like a scene from Iceland (if I had to guess their vision), and had a few useful items of exercise equipment, and other more relaxing spaces for those so inclined.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo