“Eastern-Polish cuisine”
Review of Matryoshka

Matryoshka
Ranked #21 of 190 Restaurants in Rzeszow
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This place is located a bit off the beaten track, may not be easily accessible for tourists. But if you by any chance happen to be somewhere close to that place just give it a try.

It's a nice casual restaurant, modern interiors with traditional cuisine - mostly from Polish Eastern Borderlines. My husband ordered meat cutlet similar to Chicken Kiev but made of pork + fried potatoes and Ukrainian style borscht. He liked it very much, everything was fresh and tasty. I ordered pierogi (ruskie style) with butter, fried onions and sour cream. Pierogi came with butter only and I had to ask the waitress to bring me onions and cream, which she did but was kind of surprised... My pierogi were quite tasty, freshly made but a bit too cold (I guess they took them out of boiling water and waited a bit to serve them with my husband's dish).

We visited this place on Sunday and it was very crowded so we had to wait long to order and also for our dishes to be served. But the food is fresh and tasty (and inexpensive) so will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Great food and remarkable atmosphere. There is no other place like this one in Rzeszów. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Excellent traditional homemade Ukrainian/Russian food. Delicious. Prices are quite low,food is very good,staff is friendly and the restaurant is quite comfortable. Check this place out.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed their food -it was full of flavour inspired by genuine eastern recipes and skilfully prepared- also the food is nicely served. All my work mates enjoyed their meals and we often talk about going there again to try out more dishes. In my opinion portions are decent and pricing very modest.As vegetarian I had plenty of choice. It's a nice place for less formal dine time. Great for groups and families:)

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

I love this place and go there every time we visit Rzeszow (about 3 times a year). The food is really good and very reasonably priced. Polecam!