“its not always what its cracked up to be”
Review of Hotel Alpin

and 1 more site!
Hotel Alpin
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Szczyrk
bolton england
“its not always what its cracked up to be”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

hugely expensive by polish standards.....szcyrk gets a little nippy sometimes , probably minus 30 in winter , so i was really disappointed that there was no heated smoking area , rooms are cosy without being exceptionally so , although the mattresses in my room were and i guess , still are very very cosy.......great internet access........mum said the breakfast was only ok......a moot point , but i notice in many european hotels you can take your dog with you.....what is the opinion of other travellers , would you rather a room where someone has smoked or one where a dog has been with all its possible consquences?

Room Tip: you can do much better for your money
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Ramsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family and I attended a wonderful wedding of our friends in this lovely hotel. The quality of all aspects of this hotel was clearly evident. Rooms were perfect and spotlessly clean, the food at the wedding reception was truly out of this world. Breakfast the next morning (despite the men being a trifle quiet from too many glasses of 'falling over water' was perfect. If you are in this area in the wintertime as it is primarily a ski resort, I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Steve H
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days. The area fantastic. Very calm and you can relax the whole day. Pure nature with a lot of mountains, trees and no stress. The rooms are very clean, well styled and functional. You won't miss anything. The stuff is very friendly, multilingual and make good espresso - as is should be. Definitely will come back to enjoy the nature.

• Stayed June 2013
Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Reviewed 9 September 2012

So we stayed at Hotel Alpin in August 2012, actually it was our wedding and we chose Alpin as we have some fondness for Szczyrk.

We had a great weekend, actually i stayed for three nights, while my partner two. We'd booked and arranged everything well in advance (like 2 years). When our guests checked in everything was easy and straight forward. Both of my gripes came down to poor levels of English. The first of which was presented at check in.... A nice gesture (a break down of times and events for the wedding day) gone wrong... On Saturday was our "weeding day" I was worried we'd be out in the garden weeding... luckily not :) A catalogue of mistakes.... I asked the receptionist IF she could reprint them and give to guests.... nothing was done which was annoying as I work as a teacher and proofreader, my partner as a translator..... Simple things....

My second gripe is there is a nice little bar outside (in the grounds), my family wanted to buy rounds of drinks for our guests on Friday, but they were annoyed they couldn't charge to their room and pay by card later. Again it's the small things!

The room I had for Friday was nice, it contained everything I needed and was very comfortable... We had the window open so could hear the disco going on below, luclily i was so tired i fell asleep with ease!

One thing..... i dropped my iPhone in the bar and didn't notice for a few hours... when I did me and my friend went and spoke to the receptionist and the barman came and gave me it, we wanted to give him some money/vodka but he refused to take anything, nice guy!

The day was well organised and food certainly was a plenty, we had a ball! I recommend the food there, my parents, family etc loved it all.... even our vegetarians were delighted!

Altogether is was great, I recommend checking out the jacuzzi and steam room! It costs some money but well needed after a busy weekend!

We'd love to stay again, but we only live round the corner!

Room Tip: Check if there is a wedding.... if so request a room in the front of the hotel :)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adrian_bester
London
Reviewed 24 February 2009

There are very few good hotels in Szczyrk and even fewer that feature on any internet search. This is one of the best. In rural Poland, one cannot expect high levels of sophistication or comfort. Even hotels with 5 stars tend to disappoint. The Alpin is clean, friendly and efficient. The rooms are small but then they only cost about 300 Zlotys a night (less than $100 and about £50 at today's - Feb 2009 - rate). There are two bigger apartments which cost about double. Breakfast is adequate. There is plenty of parking and wifi in the bar area and rooms. If you are going to go to this area of Poland than I would recommend this hotel for an inexpensive and undemanding stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple