“Not quite 5 stars...”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Ustron
Kraków
“Not quite 5 stars...”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I just spent a weekend in this property (November 2013). It has a very good location for splendid views and long walks. The entrance looks a little like a back door for deliveries. The lobby is rather small, and the impression of it being cramped is augmented by the dark green marble walls which give it an appearance of "nouveau riche" style without class. Overall the standard of the rooms is good and they are clean. I used a handicapped access room and it was not quite up to the task: the bathroom is spacious and has sufficient railings, but it did not have anything to sit in the shower (I had to ask specifically for a chair to be brought), and the shower head did not have any mounting on the wall, but was hanging down on its tube instead (something to be able to mount it and take it off to use in hans when needed would be useful).
I was rather disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hotel B, Kierownik ds. PR at Hotel Belweder, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank You for the reviev. We will take seriously every word, no matter if it's bad or good, to improve our standard. We'll see what we can do in the bathrooms to make it more comfy when using it.
Hope You'll come back to see if we get any better.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Lovely view from windows, nice fitness center, games on corridor, cool inside view, helpful reception. Thats positive. On the other hand- unkind waitresses, dishonest bartenders, terrible chef who doesnt know what vegetarian diet means, dirty couch in room.
Generaly I wont advice to go there- it's cost a lot, and quality is not appropiate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank An P
Katowice, Poland
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I spent there weekend in August. Hotel is really nice, rooms clean and big. I reccomend 5th floor rooms with lovely view to the mountains and Ustroń. Breakfast various, swimming pool and Spa really nice. Nice small garden, close enough to the center of Ustroń by 20 minutes walk or just take a taxi (reasonable prices). The only disadvantage was that we have to wait for dinner for over 50 minutes and waiters were a little lazy. Generally I would recommend this hotel. Nice, calm and relaxing stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I stayed at Hotel Belweder on 13 - 15 Sep during my stay Poland. I participated in Energetab exhibition in Bielsko-Biala, which is quite close and accessible by car. Hotel was nice, clean, staff was helpful (though the fact that their English was on beginner level) and food was good. My room was double and it had a balcony, with view to the park.
Because I was working, I wasn't able to check out the spa. But there is one :-)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank merilohi
Warsaw
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Beautifull place located at the top of hotels' hill. Surrounded by green trees and bushes, close to Lesny Park Niespodzianek ( Live Animals Park ). Perfect for quiet resting or company conference.
Nice SPA with good service, pool in a curve shape ( rather small ), fitness room, Fin and steam sauna. Artificial smaall lake with fish in surrounding garden. Package offer included international dishes days, trip to Wisla.
Very good food ( both breakfasts and lunch ) but annoying waiters in a rush to collect your dishes ...
Nice lobby bar at the grounfd floor.
The hotel is located on the top of the hill, something like 2 km from town center so you either have to ..love walking or take a taxi.
Kids room created on the basis of regular one, nothing special I woul say. Kids' pool rather small and to close to showers used by adults.
Lot of space in a room, well furnitured, cleaned every day.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
Reviewed 10 June 2010

A Paradise on Earth
My husband and I stayed in Belweder in May. Unfortunately we had only on day there, but I would live in Belweder the whole of my life.
A great stuff, a delicious breakfast, a great room with mountains view and a reasonable price.
I wouldn't say it is a 5 stars hotel, but it is a great 4 stars one.
I recommend Belweder Hotel to everyone, who want to hear birds pipe in the morning and feel yourself together with the Nature.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ukrainian_2010
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I booked this hotel as a surprise present for my parents for their wedding anniversary. Myself and my husband went there a day earlier. Hotel is very well located in Ustron, away from the crowds. Reception is very friendly. Make sure you book rooms with the views, especially on the top floors - price is the same. We got a lovely room, overlooking the mountains. My Mam was very much happy (she didn't know where my Dad was driving her) and they both enjoyed their entire stay. We used the hotel restaurant for dinner - I do not recommend it. Portions were extra small and very very expensive. It's better to look outside the hotel. They have a great spa and swimming pool including jacuzzi and sauna. We all use these facilities and enjoy them very much. Breakfast was just ok. For a 5* hotel below standard. Food was not fresh and the choice wasn't great. Overall I'd recommend but make sure you eat elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ustron
SPA & Wellness Hotel Diament Ustron
#3 of 11 in Szczyrk
Hotel Stok
Hotel Stok
#3 of 18 in Wisla

Been to Hotel Belweder? Share your experiences!