“Felt Like Royalty”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boleslawiec
The Blue Beetroot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Boleslawiec
Germany
“Felt Like Royalty”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was the second time I stayed here and I took my husband with me this round, he loved it! This place is usually filled with ladies shopping for pottery so I thought he would be pretty bummed but he was so impressed with the hotel and the staff-he completely enjoyed himself and I got to shop and attend the pottery fest in peace. Jarek and his crew went out of there way to ensure we felt special and every need was met, he provided excellent information on the details of the fest that was going on that weekend-which was wonderful. My hats off to the Blue BeetRoot-great job for making us feel so welcome and that our business was appreciated. We will be back.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed 21 August 2011

This was my fifth time staying at the Beetroot. I didn't think it could get any better -- but it DID!! I can't even begin to list all the "little" things Jarek did to ensure we had a wonderful stay. The building is charming, the food is out of this world, and the customer service is unparalled. The staff smiled all the time, and it was infectious! I will most definitely return again and again.

Zessau
Reviewed 21 August 2011

As enthralled as I am with the ambiance at this wonderful hotel, the service here continues to exceed my expectations. Jarek and his staff's personal attention to every detail makes me feel pampered and comfortable. Our group returns here for the pottery market and every year the experience gets better. In room massages and carefully prepared traditional meals with local ingriedients are only two of the many reasons I can't wait for the next trip!

1 Thank Apaynelandgraf
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2011

It has been awhile since I visited the Blue Beetroot, but I still find myself daydreaming about this beautiful hotel. I absolutely loved everything about it. The rooms were spacious and clean. The owners (John and Barbara) were lovely, and made me feel like family on every visit there! I plan on returning to Boleslawiec, but only if I can stay at The Blue Beetroot again. The first trip was for business and the two returning trips were for sheer pleasure. The Blue Beetroot has a fenced in parking lot that is secure. The hotel is located a few minutes outside of town in a quiet area. However, each time we visit the town seems to frow out just a bit. Part of the initall charm was to drive on bumpy two lane roads that have now been replaced with smooth multi lane highways. Boleslawiec has much more to offer than just pottery ... although I admit that the pottery is spectacular and the main reason that I go there. Try the
szarlotka: Żubrówka (Bison grass vodka) with apple juice at the bar. My favorite! Ask Jarek to give you a short Polish lesson to help you navigate the city and shops. Do not miss the famous glass blowing Studio Borowski near the Blue Beetroot - look for seconds with barely noticeable imperfrections. You will be happy you spent the money and bought the one of a kind piece when you return to your home. If you are in a group splurge and ask the owners to arrange a private showing of traditional dancers and music after your evening meal. It is not expensive at all and well worth it ... if you have a group you can split the cost. Even if you have a family of six I believe it is worth it. The menu at The Blue Beetroot is varied and offers something for everyone. Don't be shy ... try the wonderful offerings. If you have time arrange to take a pierogie cooking class in the morning. Take advantage of the very reasonable "spa" offerings brought right to the hotel: manicures, pedicures, hair cuts, massages ... a great way to wind down the day. Oh, and the 27 or so pottery shops are all worth going to! Be sure and visit this wonderful, charming part of Poland before it becomes a tourist trap.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This is a great out of the way hotel off the beaten path. More of a bed and breakfast feel than a Hotel. You will drive on some "boonie" road to get there but there are signs to get you to the hotel. Staff is very friendly and very Trip Advisor savvy since every customer was there because of Trip Advisor. Getting hotels in Europe is always sporty but this one was a very positive experience. It wasn't cheap by American standards...about 200 bucks...but a bargain for Europe.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HomeLessZeroSix
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed here for a wedding in Kliczcow castle. The whole place is very charming and the rooms were adorable. Run by an English couple called John and Barbara who couldn't have been more helpful. Drove 2 of us to a Polish hairdresser, translated what we wanted done for the wedding and then drove us back to the hotel! Would highly recommend it.

Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Staff was very helpful with information regarding the area and shopping. Beds were more confortable than expected. Rooms were very clean. Whole atmosphere was great. Fabulous service, delicious food and great prices. Very, very helpful. Totally felt like royalty!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boleslawiec
Protea Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lesna
Gospoda Kruszyna
Gospoda Kruszyna
#2 of 12 in Boleslawiec

Been to The Blue Beetroot Hotel? Share your experiences!