“Blue Beetroot”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boleslawiec
The Blue Beetroot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Boleslawiec
Zurich, Switzerland
“Blue Beetroot”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a charming hotel and the staff is great. The restaurant is great, both the food and the service. The room I had was quite large and very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going pottery shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I selected a room at The Blue Beetroot based on the TripAdvisor ratings and comments.

My room was very comfortable; it being early spring, having the window opened a bit offered fresh air in the mornings. The staff could not have been more gracious and welcoming; at breakfast on the first morning I asked for a simple modification to a buffet offering that was accommodated thereafter during my stay. I enjoyed dinner at the restaurant during my stay and savored excellent food, everything from the beet soup to the mixed pierogis plate to the roasted trout. The wine selection was very good, as well.

Here is the "But." Over my weekend visit the Inn was packed with loud, obnoxious, and (as the evenings wore on), progressively more inebriated English-speaking women. Boleslawiec is a pottery pilgrimage for women from the American military bases in Germany, and pretty much every ex-pat group within 500km of the city. And, it seems, many of them choose to lodge at The Blue Beetroot Inn.

The restaurant is in the cellar of the barn, and with every additional bottle of wine opened the women grew louder, their voices reverberating off the brick walls. At times during dinner my friend and I could not converse. Later that night the drunken revelers stumbled up the wooden stairs and across the wood floors into their rooms, oblivious to their conduct. As an American ex-pat living in Europe, I was embarrassed by the behavior of these 30 and 40-somethings "released" from their wife and mommy duties for the weekend.

I will return to The Blue Beetroot for its hospitality and accommodations, but I will think twice about lodging during "Girls Gone Wild" weekends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TAMember22
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel. The service was wonderful and the accommodations were great. We also had a lovely breakfast as well as dinner. I would stay here again and again. Nothing less than an A+ for the Blue Beetroot.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This is a favorite place to stay. The location is great for visiting the potteries. The staff is wonderful. I would recommend this for anyone coming to the area. The variety of beer & wine is nice. The food selections are wonderful. Breakfast was filling and available when we requested.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was our first time staying at the Blue Beetroot. The staff was so helpful and accommodating. We emailed the day we were arriving and they were able to make reservations for us for dinner that night and massages the next day. The room was clean and comfortable. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed March 2014
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staying here is like staying in your own little farm for the week! The hotel has everything needed to enjoy a wonderful pampered weekend. On-site highly rated Polish dining, spa services available in the evening after shopping, parking, pottery shopping guide, nature and even horses. Would highly recommend for a convenient and memorable stay. I love that you feel as if you are stepping back in time with the wonderful rooms have stayed in this hotel in May 2012 and March 2014.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Weiden, Germany
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I went with my husband, two kids and our two dogs and we met up with other friends. They prepared an amazing dinner for us upon our arrival and then an outstanding full breakfast the next morning. Truly is was more than any of us could have eaten. The staff was just incredibly friendly and each and every one of them were so very helpful. All the areas including the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and well maintained. Just a great trip! We would stay again in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boleslawiec
Protea Hotel
#1 of 1 in Krotoszyce
Gospoda Kruszyna
Gospoda Kruszyna
#1 of 11 in Boleslawiec

Been to The Blue Beetroot Hotel? Share your experiences!