“Lovely Warm Welcome Hostel right next to Old Town”
Review of Cinnamon Hostel

Cinnamon Hostel
Ranked #21 of 143 Speciality Lodging in Wroclaw
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed 4 different hostels in total while I traveled in Poland and I like Cinnamon Hostel the most :)

Even before my arrival, staff was kind in our correspondence and their response was really quick ! Every time they responded, they always wrote down his/her name in the end, which is a really efficient way for them to take over duties/mattes/guest's requests.

During my stay, I met only 4 staff in person ( I think there a bit more staff working there ) Everybody was so lovely and knows where to go and how.They know their town very well.

This is not a party hostel, nothing is scheduled every night for guests to have fun, so it is rather quiet hostel but there is plenty of public space for anyone. There is a huge TV at reception, there are many ways to have fun.

I believe that each room has hanger rack and small coffee table. Hanger rack with hangers is really useful, you don't need to hang your coat on a tiny coat hook.
There are under Bed Storage Drawers for each bed but it is not lockable, if you worry about your belonging, you can use locker with key next to reception.

Free wifi connection, Free towel, a desktop computer at reception for guests to use, good breakfast, which is more than just cereal, indeed.

This hostel is located between Old Town and Train Station but Old Town would be a bit closer. There is no tram going to Train/Bus station directly from the closest tram station which is just in front. Still it is walking distance from station to get to hostel. If you don't have a suitcase, it might be less than 15 minutes to get to.

This building itself is rather old with no lift, you might find the bathroom a bit old. Yes, probably bathroom could be improved slightly, but no worries, it is clean literally. Oh, there are 2 public shower rooms, it is kinda mixed for both men and women.

Room Tip: Probably the room right next to kitchen would be the worst.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mamacita1001

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hostel was the best highlight of our trip through the region. It has a reception area, living room, recreation area and a full service kitchen with a large sit down table to enjoy some cooking and your meals. We stayed in a double room which is quite roomy (it fits a double room with a small twin bed). The building had tall ceilings and large windows. It's in a quiet residential area. Location wise, it was safe and within 5 minutes of walking distance to the city center. I would stay there again if I would travel in the region in the future.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lio_ca
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Fortunately we just spent one night at this hostel. We made a reservation at this hostel after reading the good reviews in different websites.

It's a twenty minute walk from the main train station, centrally located.

We were giving the room called 'Curry', just by the kitchen. Simply avoid it. It was perfectly clean, and the beds were good enough. However, if you try to have a long rest, you simply won't have it. People passing by on their way to the kitchen (and to the common bathroom nearby) seemed to care a dime of other people's rest.

However, what concerned us the most was how cold the room got at night. We were provided with two extra blankets, but the temperature was unbearable. And this was in September!!

We also have mixed feelings about the staff. On the day of our arrival, we were welcomed by a very nice young lady (blonde, glasses, perfect English) and she explained us everything about Wroclaw. She even gave me some valuable information about the best places in town to eat pierogi. Highly appreciated!

However, on the morning of our departure (on the 22nd of September), we had to deal with one of the most insensitive persons I've ever encountered in my life. This young lady seemed to think that walking in stilettos on a tile floor (the kitchen floor) at 5.30 a.m. is completely perfect. She even started moving furniture without thinking that there were two people trying to sleep in the room just close to the kitchen. That's funny because there're posters everywhere asking people to be quiet from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.

One hour later, when we were having breakfast all by ourselves at the kitchen, the same lady came into the room and, even though my companion said 'Good morning', she didn't bother looking at us... Guess there's someone who needs to take some urgent customer service lessons!

Room Tip: Avoid the room called 'Curry'... Close to the kitchen. Terribly noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Excellent location - really, it's way better than Grandpa's that's way out of the center.
Really clean, offers free lockers & towels.
Price includes a really nice breakfast with coffee, serials and toast.
There's a nice chill room & a big TV with loads of channels (HBO etc) & video games.
The staff is really really friendly and helps you out with everything.
Somehow it's always quiet and relaxed atmosphere and the toilets are never occupied - how do they do it?!

Anyhow, it is very nice here and if I ever come back to this lovely city this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sarasve
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The location is excellent (right across the street from the main square), the staff are friendly and helpful, it was pretty clean, and most importantly, the guests were quiet! The staff helped me with any internet problems and they have me a good map of the city center and circled all the points of interest. It's also near a galleria with a grocery store and a couple tram stops, as well as 15 minute walking distance from the bus station. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to Wroclaw.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shauna G
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Really close to trains staions and old town. Wroclaw is a town where you can easily walk anywhere. The staff helped me to find good beer baars and food places. A bit hot town. The staff lady even offered to make me breakfast at 5 am. For a small con was that it was really quiet, and alot of families (not a minus for everyone). I still recommend this place to go.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Excellent localization, helpfull stuff and good accomodation made this hostel the best choice I could have made. Located almost exactly in between train station and main square Cinnamon Hostel guarantees you won't get too tired getting there with luggage (which is always one of my priorities) and end up five minutes walk from the city center at the same time.

Room Tip: All rooms are considerably quiet since they overlook the yard, not the street; it may be noisy durin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo