Platinum Palace Hotel
Podkowa(Wroclaw)
Hotel Bacero(Wroclaw)
Hotel Slask(Wroclaw)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain buildingminute taxi drivecity centrehotel is situatedamazing pricestar luxurybeautiful bathroomsteam roomfabulous hotelbreakfast selectionrooms are modernhotel staffstayed here for nightsspatramweddingduvet
Reviewed 12 July 2013

A very nice 5 -star hotel. Good size rooms, wonderfully furnished, king size beds. Good location, next to a huge park, actually it is in the park itself, just a couple of kms from the city centre but several tram stops just 200 mts from the hotel. It was great to have breakfast in the terrace. The wellness centre is small but clean and nice. The only thing that has to be improved is breakfast: for a 5 star hotel you expect something more, expecially the cooked dishes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank italian_traveller73
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I havent left yet, but i feel i should write a comment here.
Im here for an big report regarding the hotel for other tourists for a magazine where i live, and i must say there are a few issues a person should wonder about..
All over the hotel, there are signs and such thats says this is a 5 star hotel. How they got 5 stars i dont know.. For me with my experience this is a maximum 4 star hotel.
The breakfast roomservice is very average.. The eggs had always the taste of old and expired.. And they never provide salt & pepper to your eggs unless you ask for it. And there are no information of price for breakfast roomservice, so you can never be too sure if its free..

When i checked in the first day (i booked a suite the whole stay) i was given a roomkey for a standard cheap room of 22m2.
When i pointed that i have paid in full for suite, they appologized with the staff had made a mistake. (5 star hotels never make this mistake)..
But i had to sleep there for one night, as all the suites where full. For compensation i got a coupon for one drink in the bar. Not a money compensation as i should get for that price difference..
The standard room they gave me had a nice bathroom, but the "bedroom" was very compact and un-charming. In London you can have alot nicer room at a 2 star hotel..
But when i finally got the suite, everything was perfect. 2 bathrooms, livingroom, hallway and bedroom. No noice during nighttime and roomservice on time.
However, my stay here is for 10 days so its much more easy for me to give a neutral opinion than other 3 night stay visitors..
When i tried the TV, there are no Pay per View or channels where they speak English. All in Polish with dubbed English films to polish. But of course this is the tv stations foult not the hotel.
Then again, i have never been to a real 5 star hotel that doesent have a international channel or a "film rental" option.
The "highspeed" WLAN (internet) was very bad, as an "old" nerd i know this is a cheap internet installation for a hotel. You have to bee in certain areas to receive signals and for example the hotels patio/balcony. No internet to be found.
The hotel advertise theire restaurant to be high quality with a very famous chef using food inspired from Italy and France.
As a known chef myself, i have tried all the cheap and all the most expensive meals in the restaurant. 70% of the time i wonder if there are any trained chefs in the restaurant, there are so many cases where the food lack aroma, taste and flavour. Only the plate presentation is 5 stars. So all in all, overcharged food price for the presentation.
Day 1 the lamb slowly cooked, was absolute perfect except some burned meat that they managed to hide very good.
Day 2, complete different cooking procedure as the meat was very dry, sharp taste and over-cooked sauce.
The only dish for me that always stood out, was the tiger prawns. Orgasm on a plate!

When it comes to frontdesk service and knowledge i have to say its the best of the best.
Even the trainee´s who are italian and has lived in Wroclaw only for 1 month they know all there is to know. They are always friendly and helpful.

On my now 6th day at the hotel, all the channels on the TV are gone. Not fixable before the next morning. Also i tried to order lunch at the restaurant today, they had a dinner party for 40 ppl. And they where not sure if they had the power to serve me a salad. (Are there only 2 chefs at work)? Where is Gordon Ramsay when you need him..

The hotel is about 5-10 minutes from the city centre, but a short ride with a taxi are no problem.
Cost if preordered: 25 cloty. For any tourist this is a very cheap price.

I have yet not tried the wellness center with jacuzzi and SPA. But tomorrow i will give this a try.
What i do like at this point, is that the frontdesk staff knows im a "hotel-spy" and they have done nothing to provide me more service than i need or to overshadow the truth. This is a personal star in my book.

For now, i hope this has been very helpful. I will return to the hotel. We are not all perfect.

E.C.L
Travel reporter & Chef

Room Tip: I highly reccomend the 2nd floor, my room was 203.. And OMG i dont want to go home to my apartment after this room..
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank EuroSpy-com
Aleksandra K, Manager at Platinum Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time in writing these review. I am really sorry to hear that you did not have 5* hotel experience during your stay with us. Your comment will definitely help us to improve our service and to make sure that situations described in your will not happen again.
Your breakfast experience was a shocking news for us because all our products are fresh and ordered from one of the best local chicken farms.
As per room service breakfast I am a bit confused breakfast was included in your bedroom rate which should be detailed on your bedroom reservation confirmation sent from your travel agency you have used to book your stay with us.
I am really sorry to hear that you were not happy with your bedroom, we are really proud of our accommodation base, every bedroom has been designed in details, every room is unique none of the rooms are the same…
As per your comments about our food quality I found them a bit harsh, I feel like you have not given us a chance to defend ourselves, you have not spoken with anyone, none of your meals were eaten in the restaurant all were ordered to your room…
As per your knowledge all our chefs are trained by Mr. Dominik Brodziak who is a winner of Chaine des Rotisseurs – Prestigious International competitions – Winners In Poland – The Best hotel in the World of Gastronomy.
We are striking to be the best and we are very open to any feedback given by our guests and every comment is being treated very seriously.
Please rest ensured that on your next visit we will do our best to make sure that your hotel experience with us will be truly 5*.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Hotel room and bathroom especially are definitely 5++ star and we paid an amazing price considering BUT these silly little things let it down slightly and fall short of my 5/5 mark:

- no basic tea/coffee making facilities in the room (or free bottled water) - only a typically expensive mini bar
- no hotel phone / services directory (so you cant find out how to dial reception or even emergency services easily)
- the double bed was 2 singles pushed together (I hate that!)
- a Spa with treatments operating only after 2pm on weekends

.Its all in the detail and with such silly mistakes for a hotel in this class, in my opinion is inexcusable but otherwise a wonderful hotel. Its NOT city center but then cabs are cheap, and reliable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank macman007

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your feedback. We do understand that tea, coffee facilities are very important for our guests, taking that into consideration we have ordered it for apartments and lux bedrooms to start with.

On your next visit please let us know that you prefer to have one bed and we will be delighted to assign you a bedroom as per your request.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments, please rest assured that with your next visit we will make sure that 5* service is provided in every detail.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Hotel was recommended by Friends in Wroclaw and chosen for it's proximity to their apartment. From the outside, it is a grand and imposing edifice. The interior, by contrast is sparse and modern. There had been some issues at the start of my Journey which delayed my arrival by a couple of days. The hotel could not have been more helpful and accommodating with their flexibility. Check in was straight-forward and all staff spoke very good english. My Room was an absolute delight. Massively spacious with a bathroom larger than the average chain-hotel room. There was even a balcony, although the view from here was not terribly inspiring. Breakfast was not included in the room rate, and was expensive by local standards, comprising of Cold meats and smoked fish, salads and fruits. There was also an omelette station where you could get bacon if the fancy took you. The hotel is situated a short distance from the city centre (maybe a 20-25 minute walk) but the Tram stop is right outside and is a good way to get your orientation around this small and very pretty city. I expect to visit Wroclaw on a regular basis and this hotel will be my first pick on these trips.

Room Tip: First Floor has the larger and more opulent rooms. Attic rooms on the third floor have no windows, only skylights, and are considerably smaller
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Bartłomiej K, Revenue Manager at Platinum Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Sir, thank you for taking your time to write an opinion about our hotel.
We are happy that your stay was memorable in a good way.
Our staff work hard to please every Guest and make every stay comfortable and well.
We are looking forward to see you in Platinum Palace again!
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

Clean hotel. Main, historical building, well renovated plus new on the back of old one.
Very average breakfast, rooms clean, looks modern but not in my style, TV set difficult to watch from bed, bed too soft, whole bathroom in water when using shower. Very young, not well trained stuff.
In the meeting room A/C not effective. 5 stars ?? Definitely not.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank WarsawExplorer

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your opinion.
We are sorry for all of the inconvinient situations during your stay.
Your review will help us to improve our services and get rid of every technical issue.
We hope you will stay with us next time when visiting Wrocław.
Yours sincerely