“nice interiors and average service in a less-than-average location”

Platinum Palace Hotel
Ranked #68 of 74 Hotels in Wroclaw
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is definitely a boutique hotel, with well-designed interiors and interesting history behind. Alas, neither the service, nor the location can match it. The worst happend at the very beginng: I had to wait more than 20 minutes to be checked in, as there was only one person working at the reception desk. Being tired after your flight, dreaming about a shower and having to rush to a business dinner... well, this was a disaster. Mind the location as well - you need at least 15 minutes by taxi to get to the city centre, and the hotel is facing a two-lane road. Anyway, if such location is OK with you, this might be a good choice - the place is clean and the food at the hotel restaurant definitely above average.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TheButterflyEffect75
Bartłomiej K, Revenue Manager at Platinum Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest, thank your very much for taking your time to write this opinion.
our service is always doing very best to make you comfortable during your stay,
from your first step inside, until check-out time.
We are very sorry for the inconvinience during your stay.
Our staff everyday take its time to work hard and improve our service.
We hope that you will choose Platinum Palace for your next stay in Wroclaw to be treated well.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I got a last minute special at this hotel, so my expectations were met. The staff were friendly. The wellness area is well fitted out with Turkish and Finnish saunas and a large whirlpool, which my grandson loved. The rooms are comfortable. The breakfast is extra and expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise. Ask if there is a function. If there is take the higher room...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer B

Dear Jennifer, thank you for taking your time to share your opinion.
We are looking forward to see you in Platinum Palace next time when visiting Wroclaw.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Where do I start well let's start with the previous entry I was one of the diners at the mentioned meal and yes things did go,wrong but hey these things happen in the best of places.
I asked to see the general manager to discus this issue and other very small niggles Merzena met me and listened to my concerns and suggestions and within a few days what a difference .
I stayed at the hotel for 14 days during which I had surgery and a birthday both of which this amazing hotel coped with with ease .
I stayed in a king suite which is one of the suites It overlooked the park and was a treat to just lay there and look at the trees ,so peaceful .the suite was stunning and spotless the cleaning team were amazing .
I ate in the restaurant breakfast which I found adequate and the omelettes the chef made were amazing..The evening meals in the so elegant dining room were absolutely delicious ,I ate 8 evenings there and was well looked after by the team there .
They made it seem to me that nothing was to much trouble for,them and that to a traveller on his own makes a world of difference .
I know that I will go back there again and will get a warm welcome
What a place !

Room Tip: Go for king suite room 200 you won't regret it
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 13 August 2013

What is supposed to be the best small hotel of Poland turned out to be an akward experience. The reception was rather inhospitable. In fact the first five star hotel that implied we could carry our luggage up the stairs ourselves by asking whether we needed help. Dinner orders were taken at 8 pm, but at 9.15 we had still not seen the first course, nor was any bread or an amuse served. After serving the first course, we were informed some of the ordered courses were no longer available. Various orders were confused between the only four tables catered that evening. It allowed for a lot of shared emotions between the guests, but Fawlty towers never aspired to be a 5 star place.

The hotel bar, named insomniac, closes at 10.20, long before the end of dinner as served.

The breakfast was unfortunately very much in line with the previous experience. We were supposed to use the half emptied lotions, left by our predecessors in this suite. Soap and shampoo are offered in wall mounted dispensers (where filled) which does remind one of cheap hotels used in our student days. Staff could not reset the safe, which refused to lock. All in all, some unpleasant elements for a relaxed stay.

What added injury to insult was the attitude adopted by various members of front desk and management. Consistently low water pressure in our suite was blamed on multiple people showering, in a manifestly marginally occupied hotel. In general, we felt very ill treated,which was a first on this trip after multiple stays in very nice, well managed, niche hotels like the Stary in Krakov.

What prompted the award of the label "best small hotel of Poland" is unclear. The real estate is great, the amenities good, but with the current management and staff it is to much asked for this place to be a good small hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheHappyCamper2013
Aleksandra K, General Manager at Platinum Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Guest,

I was extremely concerned to hear your comments about your experience with us, by receiving such comments can only assure you that improvements will be made where there needed.

The quality levels of our service and the unnecessary disappointment which you received are absolutely not what we aim for here at Platinum Palace Hotel – we strive to offer the highest levels of service at good value. We deeply sorry that this was not the case for you on this occasion.

I’d like to apologize for bad experience in the restaurant, unfortunately in this case I have to agree that our waiter wasn’t experienced enough.
Although regards to your comments about various matters in the hotel I cannot agree at all. Just as a reminder – we had chance to meet by the reception desk, soon before your leaving. I was open to spoke with you but you did not want to share your comments then? Now I know why – mostly there are not true:
• You had the lagged service , event tipped by you?
• On the dinner you received amuse which was a homemade pate with wine jelly,
• The Bar Insomnia was close at midnight as we had gests from room 200 and 117 having a drink,
• It’s not true that you had half emptied lotions, we checked that with our head of housekeeping lady who monitored your room herself, she let at your room even an extra lotions as you were staying for longer with us,
• Regards to your comment about soap and shampoo – quality of these is actually very good and I can assure that I’s use by many 5 stars hotel in Europe. We are using bottle to refill because we’re taking care of our planet and do not want clutter the planet with many plastic packs.
• Not working safe was report to reception on Sunday and on Monday we had fixed it.

Through the entire stay in Platinum Palace Hotel the only one complain which was reported to us was the not working safe and nothing else.
As a compensation for your bad experience at the restaurant as a good gesture we gave you a 100% discount for the dinner, even thought you had no complain regards to the wine and food quality. Your comment were about delayed service and mixed orders which in fact was corrected and you had eaten dinner in their entirety
Personally I feel very disappointment with the fact that you did not want spoke with me. If you would gave us an opportunity to change you ill feelings surely we would take a chance to do our best. You would not leave our beautiful hotel so unhappy. You claim to be insult by attitude to a various member of our staff where in fact you were very unpleasant with me when you met on reception. You were shouting that you expecting a discount for entire stay – is that your way for not paying you bills?

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in this wonderful hotel recently! It was just beautiful and very luxurious.
However I felt that breakfast ought to have been included for the price I paid initially- instead of charging €14 for a meagre selection, I was also surprised the wifi did not reach our room, all channels were in polish and there was very little wardrobe space !
None the less the wellness centre was fantastic very relaxing, the staff were very friendly and helpful it was the perfect destination for a restful stay!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for taking your time to share your opinion.
Our service always work hard to fulfill our Guest expectations and make your stay comfortable, well and memorable. Reviews like yours are very helpful to improve our service.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is a very clean and well located hotel. There is a beautiful park just around the corner. The tram line is right out side the door. With regular trams running into town until late in the evening. The rooms were very clean. The bathrooms were well designed for a small space. No baths but very nice showers. Very little wardrobe space.

The staff were very helpful and had very good English. Bartick on reception was very helpful helping us in a difficult situation. I would suggest they get their information up to date regarding local tennis courts and golf.

Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank philomenap

Dear Guest, thank you for taking your time to write an opinion about Platinum Palace.
We are always happy getting opinions like yours.
Our service is always ready to help you in a difficult situations,
we are glad that Bartek did his job well.
We are looking forward to see you in Platinum Palace again!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I like that the hotel was situated next to the most beautiful park with lots of paths ideal for jogging. Also the tram station is almost in front of the hotel. The receptionists were all friendly and helpful. The bathroom was rather comfortable and clean. The bed a little bit to soft for my taste.

Unfortunately, there are too many little things that didn't make my stay perfect. First of all the roof windows. Everyday I woke up around 5 because I couldn't close the blinds. Of course they fixed it but the next morning it was broke again. Every time I got towels with stains and/or little holes, some looked more like rags. They told me they have some problems with company doing their laundry. Should I care about that? Between the bathroom and the bedroom there was only glass wall with no curtains. If you are a couple taking shower is not problem I suppose, but as the toilet was also perfectly seen from the room I'm not sure if it really comfortable. At least some curtains! I know design and so but c'mon I don't want to pee and ask the other person not to look though the glass wall.

The wellness/sauna area is beautiful but so wrongly design. Very unpractical! The sauna with 2, again, glass walls looked great but as I don't mind being naked in the sauna, I don't feel like people in the pool should have view of mine body. As well as some guys in the corner relaxing after their massages. Pretty not always means practical.

Never ever have breakfast at the hotel. The dining room is extremely pretty but the quality of the food is rather poor. I liked the omelette but the rest was less than average. They cut each single grape into half. The choice of cheese and ham was poor and they didn't look fresh as they start serving at 6:30, I came around 9 and it seemed I was the first to order the omelette, so I don't think they must have lots of guests for the breakfast.

I'll definitely never stay at this hotel again, but one can try. I wish them the best.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank me_not_likey

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking time to write the opinion.
We are sorry for all of the inconvinient situations during your stay.
Your review will help us to improve our services and get rid of technical issues.
We hope you will stay with us next time when visiting Wrocław.
Yours sincerely