“Really good food and nice atmosphere.”

Chatka przy Jatkach
Ranked #37 of 701 Restaurants in Wroclaw
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Glasgow
“Really good food and nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

As I keep saying Poland did not strike me as a gastronomic location. However, we did enjoy our meals in Poland and there is no benefit in comparing these eateries to other parts of the world we have visited. The food everywhere we ate was plentiful and reminiscent of a hearty home cooked meal. This was one of the best places we ate in.
We were lucky to get the last table in this place. I had Beetroot soup and dumplings as a starter which was tasty and very interesting. I then had a huge Pork knuckle which came with potato, sauerkraut, and veg. My wife had a nice pork tenderloin which was served with a delicious creamed spinach. My wife loved this spinach so much she is looking for the recipe!
The servers were nice and friendly and helpful with ordering.
We also had two beers and waters. We paid 80 zloty for a good meal in a nice atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious rustic meal”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

It was recommended to me by the hostel staff and certainly lived up to the review. The food was fresh and very tasty. Lots of flavour. Really really nice.

• Visited September 2013
Warsaw, Poland
“After few years of continuous support - disappointment”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This used to be my favourite place in Wroclaw. Reasonably priced, well located close to the Old City square with good food. Used to be a self-service resaurant.
Last visit was a disappointment. The place was full with customers (another long weekend in Poland) but it seemed no additional Staff in the kitchen was available. 30 mins waiting time is too much. then it has turned out they have added waitresses. I do not know what for as the place is small and sef-service was just OK.
What disappointed us was the way they have handled recent change of menu. The menu (list of dishes) is the same. But the dishes are not the same as before. Turkey in cream-onion sauce turned out to be chicken in curry sauce with no onions added... Last time we were there, pity but a restaurant stands on its reputation on consistency of service provided.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another Polish Delight”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Very good food, and rather casual with the service. So it may take a while for you to get the servers attention. But the meal was filling, delicious and just the right amount of spice to the dishes. And my mother, who hates sauerkraut, actually enjoyed her helping of it! Clearly a miracle! Seriously, a very low-cost and good place for a bite. Multi-language menus help out those who have yet to master the polish tongue.

Visited August 2013
Uk
“Great traditional Polish food at great prices”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had a wonderful dinner at a great price. I had a delicious trout with vegetables and chips and my mum had a large salad with fried chicken and fried potatoes. The food was really tasty at a really good price. The portions are quite large. I was expecting a trout fillet or portion and I was brought an entire large trout, which was a welcome surprise as it was really well cooked and delicious.

The restaurant is really close to the main square. The decor is traditional and very comfy. I would definitely recommend it and would go again if I return to Wroclaw.

• Visited July 2013