“Five star experience”
Review of PURO Hotel

PURO Hotel
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Wroclaw
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is really nice small hotel, that is extremely modern. Everything seems to be computer controlled and every detail is well designed. Services in hotel are basic, but there are few nice restaurants around so I did not find anything missing. Rooms are just gorgeous, beds are really comfortable, again everything is controlled by touch panel and one can even select color for light. While technically this is not 5 star hotel, rooms and overall quality are on this level. I would forgot, breakfasts are awesome!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed at Puro Hotel last year on a stag weekend and after loving both the hotel and Wroclaw so much there was only ever one destination for my own stag weekend in August 2012. I had built the hotel up to my friends who had not been before so I hoped that things had not changed. Thankfully the hotel more than lived up to my expectations. Our group of 15 arrived well before normal check in time but the man at reception (sorry, can't remember his name) gave us all our rooms straight away. The rooms were, as before, clean, bright, welcoming and, with the use of the easy to operate wall computer, refreshingly airy. I can't understand why some people struggle to operate these computers when they manage easily enough to submit a review on the hotel!!

As our party had 7 rooms we were split between the three floors but this was probably best for the noise levels, although I think the rooms are soundproofed because once in your room you cannot hear a thing. The location of the hotel is excellent; a five minute walk from the main square where there is an almost unlimited number of bars and restaurants. Again, all of our group found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful, though they must have been bewildered by the Hannibal Lecter and blue leotard costumes I was forced to wear!!

I really can't speak highly enough of this hotel. The technology at reception and in the rooms is first class, and it is still satisfying to note that the face to face service hasn't suffered as a result. For the price they charge it would be a struggle to find a hotel even half as good as Puro in the UK. Plus, free coffee with the use of your room card helps to neagte the effects of the night before! I'm already trying to think of an excuse to return! Faultless.

Room Tip: Both times I have had a room overlooking the apartments and cafe at the front of the hotel. Never ha...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
LukaszPiekarski, General Manager at PURO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear CB7982,

thank you very much for your next stay @ PURO and positive comment. I am really glad hearing we met your expectation. Hope we meet you once again in Wroclaw or maybe next year in our new hotels just being built in Poznan or Krakow.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2012

A new standard in accommodation. Almost fully computerized, beautiful rooms, nice people, great service and location. The bar/ restaurant is very good serves only a few plates but of high quality. I hate that they don't serve French fries with their burger though. I can find small thing to say but it would be unair to these guys that they are really trying hard. A funny thing is that when you eat at the restaurant and you drink a coke you have to pay two different bills which is difficult with the tips etc BUT this is a perfect place. In fact I will stay 3 more nights cos I like it here. Five stars from me guys!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear metallic30,

thank you for your choice and good feedback. We are working very hard every day to satisfy you as our Guests and of course it's very motivating for us to hear that you appreciate it.
Hope to see you again @ PURO quite soon .

Best regards

Reviewed 25 July 2012

After my awful night at the Hotel Patio, I immediately had to change hotels. Luckily the organizers were able to put me at the Hotel PURO, and boy what a difference! The room, on the first floor, was absolutely quiet - no noise from the outside. Everything was very clean and very modern - including the unique monitor they have for everything from calling to getting messages from front desk. Breakfast was good, and I like their selection of sandwiches. Service was also very good - especially considering that they try to automate as much as possible so that they won't need so many concierge staffs. And the bed was very comfortable. Oh, and there's the garden next to the courtyard!

Small niggles include:
- was not obvious at all how to change the language of the menus in the monitor. In the end I gave up and just made do with the Polish
- the light which turns on automatically (like the pebble light of the bathhouse) is sometimes a bit funky - it once turned on by itself
- using the room card to get coffee, etc. is an interesting idea, but it also became a drag if I wanted refills, etc.

But regardless, I had a wonderful time there.Will definitely go again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Werckmeister
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Really great hotel for this small Polish city. Stayed there during the Nowe Horyzonty film festival, it's conveniently located really close to the Helios cinema. The city center is 4 minutes away, and the hotel has all comforts of a higher range of hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Francesco R
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We booked a room for two for 4 nights at this hotel. When we read and saw pictures about the hotel on the Internet, our main worry was the thing about the bathroom being surrounded by glass. However, it is perfect and I actually miss the shower over there. There is a curtain which separates the bedroom from the bathroom. The person not having a bath can lie on the bed and watch TV on the massive 40 inch LCD, which has an excellent selection of TV channels (films, news, music) separated by category or by language. The door can be locked and hence the person having a shower has maximum privacy.

The location of the hotel is perfect to reach Market Square in just five minutes walk. The main attractions in the Old Town are reachable on foot and there is so much to see. It is also very near to restaurants and it is not located in the main road. Even if it was, you wouldn't notice it as the rooms are sound-proof. And we actually tried seeing if this was true, putting the TV on maximum volume (40/100 is the upper limit)and nothing could be heard from outside the room.

The cleanliness of the staff and of the hotel deserves all the praise it can get. Simply spotless. The lounge has around 6 iPads which can be used for free and they are connected to the Internet. There is Wi-Fi in all the hotel for those with smartphones or laptops. Guests are entitled to 5 coffee/tea for free per day from the coffee machines in the lounge. Breakfast is served from very early until around 11, so it provides flexibility to plan your day. We cannot complain about anything at Puro. If we come to Wroclaw again in the future, without any doubt we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else other than this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite. There are rooms overlooking the hotel's garden and rooms overlooking the ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank reddevilrooney
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I gave PURO a "5" because of their customer service and nice clean rooms. It is not a 5-star hotel but doesn't pretend to be. It does, as some reviewers wrote, "redefine the hotel experience." We had a small child and a dog and found it to be perfect. Little playground outback was too small for my 6-yr old, but the grassy, tree-lined walk out back was perfect for both child and dog. It was a quiet neighborhood but literally 500 meters away was the begining of the Old Town and the Town Center was another 100 meters at most. Ultra modern and clean. Rooms were small but more that big enough as we were there to see the city not hang in a hotel room. The easy connection to the wide-screen TV was highly valuable as we brought our portable DVD player and just plugged it right in. Bonus points to the staff for assisting when our A/C failed. They could tell the room was too hot from the front desk and tried to fix. When they couldn't, they offered to move us but my boy was already almost asleep so they got us a fan and that made the night sufficiently comfortable. The next day, we were offered free breakfast as compensation. Thanks!

Room Tip: Courtyard view is very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family