“Good location, very friendly staff”
Review of Friends Hostel

Friends Hostel
Livorno, Italy
“Good location, very friendly staff”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at Friends Hostel for a week at the beginning of July and I really enjoyed my time here. I slept in a single room, small but very clean and comfortable.The breakfast is good and all the bathrooms and showers are very clean. The staff was very nice and friendly and made me feel at home. I advise this hostel to everyone, especially to those who wants to meet new people and make new friends. Also, the location is very good, very close to the city center and to the main square of Wroclaw.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very nice hostel, good prices, the staff was very very nice and helpful, clean, we could leave out luggage there in a room after checking out for the day, breakfast was ok (a large sandwich with tea/coffee) . But the room was small (6-bed room) and it was very hot inside, we couldn't leave the window open at night because it was a Saturday night and it was so much noise from outside.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hostel for 4 nights. The experience was great and the staff was super nice and very helpful! I stayed with 3 others and all of us enjoyed our time there. The common room is comfy and makes you feel at home! Rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean, wifi works great and the breakfast is included and it's delicious! (From the restaurant next door called Pin Up Cafe) although on a very busy street it's not for someone who wants some sleep. Overall we had a BLAST!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Lovely apartment in the center of town, overlooking the main square. Very friendly staff. Wish they had a TV channel with the news in English, but it's not a big deal at all. It's in a fairly lively location, so don't expect a quiet Saturday night due to ambient noise.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with my boyfriend for three nights and loved it. Don't be put off by having to go around the back of the building. We arrived in the pouring rain and I have to admit I was a little downhearted at seeing the back of the building and the corridors inside the building. But the apartment itself was fab. Spotlessly clean throughout, very spacious, views across Plac Solny and further onto Rynek which are the main squares. We explored the city widely which was made very easy from our position in the beautiful main square.Everything appeared to be brand new. Apartment has original features with high ceilings and exposed brick. I emailed the hostel who run the apartment we stayed in several times before we arrived with niggling questions and they answered within minutes with very precise answers. We picked up our room key from the hostel and they gave us perfect instructions in how to get to the apartment which was less than a five minute walk away from the hostel. The kitchen was fully equipped with all utensils and crockery you could need. Though we didn't eat in as it was so cheap to eat out. We just used the fridge and glasses, including the shot glasses. It would be rude not to have some flavoured vodka whilst you're in Poland! Even has a washing machine and dish washer so if you are staying a little longer I can see these would come in handy. Washing powder is even provided. It was a little more expensive than we initially planned on spending, but when we saw the great reviews and location, we just had to book it. Amd we're so glad we did! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful and always available. Location was excellent.
I slept in a dorm room. As it was low season, I had the room for myself. The room faces away from the street so I wasn't disturbed by traffic. Other rooms might not have this luxury.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Lublin, Poland
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Do not book with Friends Apartments; if you must and would like to sleep in a clean apartment on a real bed, make sure you email and confirm that you are staying at the Plac Solny apartment. The apartment at Plac Solny is large and nicely furnished, with a living/dining space, a large bathroom and a separate sleeping area. If you do not confirm this, you may be moved to a different apartment on the Rynek. This apartment, though only about 5-7 dollars a night cheaper than the Plac Solny apartment, is not terribly clean, has a tiny bathroom and has only an uncomfortable sofa bed to sleep on that does not fit the sheets provided. My husband and I booked another night at Friends after a wonderful first stay, only to find ourselves in this unfortunate situation. The manager, of course, refused to take responsibility even though I was able to provide my confirmation emails. I will say that the young woman who worked at the front desk on 3/31 was sweet, helpful and empathetic. The other staff we have met at Friends also seem kind and competent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple