Hostel Wratislavia
The Granary - La Suite Hotel(Wroclaw)
US$157
Hotel Duet(Wroclaw)
US$85
  • Restaurant
Boutique Hotel's Wroclaw(Wroclaw)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Breakfast included
US$88
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Haston City Hotel(Wroclaw)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$49
Travelocity
US$103
US$95
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate bathroomhotel feeltop bunkproximity to the train stationbed dorm roomtown centrestayed one nightplace to staypleasant staynice breakfastminute walkclean roomsthe main squareold towncouchcitywifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We booked an Apartment that was handicap accessible, and it was one of the best Apartment experiences ever. The Apartment was huge and the bedroom was large. But the WC - Bathroom was very - very large with all the rails and seats necessary for handicap access. It was on the 5th floor. We went out to eat and explore the neighborhood. My first reaction was that the neighborhood was run down - but after a while - I realized that it was just a soviet era downtown. We found a good Pizza place, and wandered the close neighborhood. Now, I like the property. Management was good and helpful. If you enter by the front door - you have half a flight of stairs to get up to the elevator. but if you enter from the back - you have a gentle ramp down, and it takes you directly to the elevator. But this wasn't the end of the story.... When we returned from dinner - we couldn't call the elevator. So we waited a couple of hours in the lobby for the repairman to work his magic. The magic didn't work. We walked up 5 stories. We figured the elevator would be fixed in the morning. It wasn't, so we carried the luggage down 5 flights of stairs. Still - all in all - it's a great property. I recommend it. Parking is a bit open, but no problems - and very few people wandering around the neighborhood at night. I felt safe.

Room Tip: If you need the elevator - be sure to enter from the back of the property and use the ramp to find it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MGMTraveler
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Whenever I have to describe this hostel to anyone, I call it a hotel with bunk beds. It was clean and sober, and the furnishing and bed linen were really hotel-worthy. The girl at the receptionist (I wish I had asked her name) was friendly, and offered to take me to a music show later in the evening once she got off work (though I was too tired to eventually go).
Price is incredibly reasonable, and breakfast was decent. I've removed one star because it's a 10ish mins walk from the centre, which isn't too bad, but not ideal either (especially since the centre has a lot of hostels). But I'm not complaining. Lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013

In case you've not noticed that there is a new breed of hostel in Eastern Europe's key citybreak destinations, And Hostel Wratislavia is the latest example.
When most of us think of hostels, we think basic rooms for young backpackers, and casually dressed staff with some light to hardcore partying thrown in.
Hostel Wratislavia is not that hostel.
Instead this handsome townhouse seems to cater to students who are visiting Wroclaw's many seats of learning, soberly dressed business travellers and large groups who are more likely to be a youth orchestra than a stag party. I thought holidaymakers like myself were in the minority.
There are still some signs that this is a hostel. A broken reading lamp and a cracked mirror in the room were two dead giveaways. Ditto instant coffee and very meagre portions if you order a cooked breakfast.
There is also a list of 20 regulations on a laminated card in every room. However, there's evidence that Hotel Wratislavia might be a more appropriate name.
I booked a room with private facilities for two having specificially requested a quieter part of the hostel. - ie facing its car park. I had few expectations to be honest, especially at the price but I was pleasantly surprised to be given a third floor room with a tree lined horizon, visible from my BALCONY. The room itself differed little from every Polish hotel I have paid much more to stay in and I must also praise the beautiful illustrations which decorate the hostel which I believe are the handiwork of a local artist.
I should also praise the location. It is an uncomplex 10 minutes walk from the train station and the historic centre is 15 minutes away.
That might seem far but when you see the location of hostels in the town, you'll realise that they cannot possibly describe themselves as a quiet location- and this genuinely is.
The staff are quite formal - again their attitude is more like that of a hotel receptionist. Their strict observance of the 2pm check in was a bit of a pain if you caught a very early flight but they care about customer service.
Two examples: I would like to thank the young lady with the glasses who demonstrated that quite clearly. Although busy when the hostel was full, she took the time to bring up an extra duvet to my room at 11pm. And when the hostels least likely guests -a crew of RAPPERS- turned up, she was straight up to take issue with the late night noise, following my none-too-hopeful complaint.
I again got the impression that this is just not the expected standard of behaviour for guests at Hostel Wratislavia and that they will take steps to deal with it.
That suited me fine but it might not suit you!
However, if you want a quiet, low key and above par hostel experience at a great price, I'd happily recommend it.
I have more reviews of Eastern European Destinations under the name Enquiring Camera Girl if you would like to read these too.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the car park are quietest.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank GrantGroover
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We visited Hostel Wratislavia last weekend and everything during our stay in the hostel was
excelent. The hostel is well located, not far from railway station and from Rynek,the staff is friendly a helpful, the buffet breakfast varied, you can choose different food according your taste. Everywhere is clean, we feel here as in a hotel.

Stanislav, Jana and Alena

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Plus: friendly and helpful staff. Good location, 15 minutes walk to city centre. Breakfast interesting, hot scrambled egg OR frankfurter sausage plus cold buffet breakfast. Tip - it there are 2 of you, one get egg the other sausage and share them.

Negatives: Local area a little run down. Parking not really secure, easy access from nearby derelict land. Thin mattress with plastic cover. Dining room is in cellar and very noisy/ echoing with a few people in it.

Road to the hotel is one way and turning into car park is on left side so don't drive past it.

Room Tip: Rooms at back face onto car park and rather dilapidated grounds but it is quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple