“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Wroclaw
Manila
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My check-in was smooth and the room, breakfast is very nice but more importantly the people from the bell boy, concierge, waiters and everyone at the restaurant, and the reception are very pleasant. This has to be one of the best customer service experience for me. One of the girls by the reception is extremely nice, Joanna Grudrinsua. She checked me in and from the first day upon learning that I will be at our office at Renoma, gave me trivias of the building. On one of my not-so-good days form the office, I left my key card and while I was about to take it from her, she insisted on putting it inside the cute Sofitel envelope as she says, "No, I want to give it to you nicely". On another occasion I asked her to book a flight for Paris from Krakow, she gave me tips on restaurants to go to in Krakow before catching my flight, This girl rocks! These experiences humbles me and keeps reminding me that a great attitude makes a big difference to everything and anything,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sofitel Wroclaw O, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town. I am absolutely thrilled to read such wonderful comments and that we have exceeded your expectations. As you can imagine this will give me great pleasure and pride to share this with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Yours sincerely
Front of the House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great location near to The Rynek Square. Comfortable beds and rooms modern and well furnished. Staff are polite and efficient. Didn't have breakfast here as quite expensive and there are good cafés nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing us following your stay at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town.
It has been a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay and liked our rooms and bed in particular. I was also delighted to learn that our ambassadors made such positive impression on you.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity and privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Best regards,
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Despite a warm welcome, we are very disappointed to have chosen this hotel which location is however very good.

This is clearly not a 5 stars hotel:

- due to the architeture of the hotel, when you have a discussion on ground floor people on 5th floor can hear you
- the hand shower looked like to a hand shower taking from a cellar
- the bath and the mirror have been rebuilt, but the floor tiles have not been repaired...
- avoid the room 525, which is located below a room which has been rebuilt to be a sports room but no soundproofing has been done: when somebody is jogging on the treadmill, each time he is keeping his foot on the treadmill you are hearing the noise + if somebody is using free weights, you are hearing when these free weights are touching the floor.
When we asked to change the room, the stewardess was not surprised and proposed us to change the room.."please wait 10 minutes we will found another one" ... we are still waiting on her. Hopefully we have asked to a groom to change the room, he was very helpful and client-oriented !
- we left early in the morning to enjoy the town, when we came back around 4 pm the room was often not cleaned...

The stewards did not done any "commercial gesture": they did not offer at least a coffee...

Nothing in French, only English or Chinese.

No documentation / few documentation available for tourists.

The stewardess could not read the map she has given to us...

This hotel is unworthy for a 5 stars. I know that French standards can be very high but this a Sofitel, the most luxuous hotel of Accor's group, this is clearly not acceptable.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep well or watch tv with no noise (without hearing boomboom each 5 seconds) AVOID...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Inconnu2430
Artmann-Sofitel, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Wrocław Old Town. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Once again thank you for your feedback and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Regards,
ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Sofitel is a ncie hotel right in the centre of Wroclaw, 2 minute walk to old town square. Loads of bars and restaurants in this area. Hotel staff are friendly, the gym was well equipped if a little small.
The breakst buffet was well stocked with a good choice of foods.
The room was nice, freshly decorated and the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room if you do not want your room smelling of smoke
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bdorgan
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdisor following your recent stay at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town,

I was very pleased to learn that you could enjoy thoroughly what our hotel have got to offer: from the gym equipment to the room deco. It is a joy to read that you found our breakfast offer comprehensive and to your liking.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed there 1 night and was very happy. The location is perfect - the very center of the Old town, in front of the hotel is the St. Elizabeth church with a tower of 365 stairs with a great view on Wroclaw, but the better one is at the University of Wroclaw (Wieza Matematyczna), also great view.
The service in the hotel is good, sweet ladies at the reception.
The only minus is that the windows look at the internal yard, which is quite loud because of strong echo.
They have a good SPA, free of charge for the visitors (two saunas: dry and wet) & a Jacuzzi :) Ladies from Bali are very smiley and sweet there also.
General opinion about the hotel is 4.5 out of 5!
They also have a gym, quite small but usually empty, located on the 6th floor.
I would highly recommend this hotel for sure!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a street view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sofitel Wroclaw O, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you so much for taking time and reviewing Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town on TripAdvisor. We were pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would highly recommend us to other fellow travellers.

Thank you for complementing our Reception team as well as therapists in the Spa it was my pleasure to share your kind comment with them.

I certainly do hope so that you would return in the near future so we would be able to make your stay even more memorable that you could award us with full 5 stars.

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed at Sofitel hotels before.They were definitely 5 star but this was more like an upmarket Mercure.My stay was comfortable and the service was fine but there were a couple of gliches.M=I was assigned room 229.When I entered I found it quite stuffy.I t was a mild day but not the 24degrees showing on the thermostat.I put the air con on but it didn't seem to work.When I came back from dinner it was still very stuffy.I went downstair to see what could be done,and fair enough they moved me to room 510 innediately.However when I went back to 229 to collect my luggage I discovered that the window had been left open.Who did that.It rendered the air con ineffective.Room 510 was not without its drama.The safe malfunctioned onevening.In the morning I took everything out and walked about with my valuables on me.I was disappointed with the quality of the breakfast.At 85zlts it should have been far better.I have in fact had better in Mercure hotels.Poor and insufficient choice were partly to blame.The room was comfortable,and the staff were attentive and otherwise I had a relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and trouble to share your review on your recent stay at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town.

I was very pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay and complemented our services.

I was however very disappointed to learn that you had a trouble with adjusting room temperature and that the room you have been moved to had later had a safe malfunctioning. As you rightly pointed out that should not have been a case in 5star hotel and I have already discussed the issues mentioned with Executive Housekeeper. What made matter worse you have not been fully satisfied with our breakfast offer. I am sorry that you found the selection insufficient. I discussed that with our Food & Beverage Manager. We are regularly well recognized and highly praised for our breakfast hence I appreciate you bringing up this subject to our attention.

Once again thank you for your comments I certainly do hope so that you would return to our hotel in the near future and give us an opportunity to showcase our 5star establishment.

Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I travel quite a bit and am going back again to Wroclaw where I always stay at hotel Sofitel
I absolutely love this hotel , costumer service is excellent and breakfast is one the best free breakfast I have had in only hotels
I highly recommend to visit hotel Sofitel if your are planning to visit Poland
Kashka Zawisza

Stayed March 2014
Artmann-Sofitel, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Traveler, Thank you so much for your kind feedbck. We strive to provide the best service to our guests and I am very pleased you could experience that during your stays with us. I hope to welcome you back in the near future. Regards,