“Smack dab in the middle of everything” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town

Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Wroclaw
Oslo, Norway
“Smack dab in the middle of everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We visited Wroclaw for the second time during our "honey moon tour". Firstly, we got an unusually warm welcome with a free upgrade as a token of generosity, given our late honey moon. Once in our room, we heard a knock on the door, this was the concierge with a personal welcome wish, a fruit platter with handmade chocolates and a handwritten note from the receptionist, wishing us the best on behalf of the entire staff.

The room was freshly decorated, the bed was very comfy, they offer a pillow menu (love this!) and the complimentary toiletries are from L'Occitane, the verbena line. The latter were such a nice touch, and made the bathtub even more tempting. The bathtub was somewhat shallow, lacking an inch or so in order to submerge yourself, but wider than normal, A welcoming realization, as I am one of the fat bottomed girl who make the rockin' world go round ;)

The staff are very pleasant to deal with and very service minded. We also feel the need to mention the room service, as we managed to miss out on dinner one evening and decided to dine in our room. We ordered burgers at 1 am, which arrived after just 15 minutes, these were inexpensive and absolutely delicious! Who knew room service at 1 in the morning could taste this good!

The breakfast Is beautifully set up with a wide international selection of breakfast items.

Two small negatives, that we should mention, is that the hotel didn't replenish our toiletries when doing our room, so we had to call housekeeping service in order to get new shower gel and shampoo. The housekeeper that filled up our necafé capsules, chose to only give us decaffeinados, despite that we only had used the ones with caffein. The staff should maybe have understood that we don't drink silly "I can't believe I'm not awake coofee" when we left them untouched, but they brought us real coffee, once we asked for it. These are all minor details, and in the big picture, we're two happy campers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NorwegianChef

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Free internet is so pathetic...there is no option for paid internet for higher speeds..even you can't access your hotmail account...the speed is SO SLOW...
Very laid back front office staff..took me 20 minutes to check in..
This hotel is over rated..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TigerRamesh
Sofitel Wroclaw O, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town. I am however very surprised to say the least to learn that you only awarded us 2 stars. Big majority of our guests rate us as an excellent hotel destination in the city. I have already followed it up with our Chief Technician to check an internet ease of access and speed of browsing.

I have also followed it up with hotel Front Office manager to monitor the speed of check-in which you kindly brought to our attention. I appreciate that the length of process at times depends on the guest and we would like to dedicate as much attention as needed to fulfil our guests expectations while not compromising on work efficiency.

Once again thank you for your recent stay and comments.

Regards,
Tomasz Kopyczynski
Front of the House Manager
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice and clean , however as a 5 star property I was expecting a little more then nice.

Overall we were happy with our stay , on the last night we experienced an issue with dirty water due to plumbing work , so no shower for the last 24 hrs of our stay.

Everything in the hotel was expensive with breakfest for two costing almost as much as dinner for four in the town centre that same night.

However by far the highlight is the location, not even a minutes walk from the old town centre.

Adrian

• Stayed June 2014
Krakow, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I really liked the quick check-in and that the room was ready about 11:30 a.m.

After entering the room I checked minibar. It did not agree to the state of the list. Immediately I informed the receptionist, the same which check me in. He assured me that they change it. I came back after a few hours into the room and unfortunately nothing has changed. I called the front desk again, this time another receptionist, perhaps Michał. I heard that they have got undergoing changes in minibars. After a while, I called the same receptionist that the bathroom is dirty, everywhere is scale and I found someone else's hair in the bath. I have got information from reception that they have got undergoing cleaning in bathrooms... I did not mention that the chair had stains and the door to the bathroom was dirty.

After my stay I send the email with my disputes and they send me apology very quickly. Thank you! It helps me very much.

The room was not big but not to small. You will see that this hotel is not new.

I have got pictures but I think this is enough.

Room Tip: I was in room 521 and it was not so good, I have got view for courtyard inside building.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beata W
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed smooth check-in service before midday and we could accommodate you straight away. I was however disappointed to learn that in-room mini-bar was not fully stocked and you had objection with cleanliness in the bathroom. That should not have happen and please accept my apologies.

I trust that both issues were dealt with accordingly and you could enjoy the rest of your stay.
Once again thank you for your stay and comments.

Regards,
Tomasz Kopyczynski
Front of the House Manager
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a great hotel based just around the corner from the main square, the hotel rooms where very comfortable and not too small and not too big and the air con worked perfectly due to the high temperatures. The atmosphere in the hotel was lacking a bit even though they were showing the world cup matches as it was about 26 degrees outside and all the bars and restaurants where packed for the football. With has so many different restaurants from different cultures you had Polish, Greek, Italian, German, American etc. The sights are so varied with history and the mini tours are going on everywhere and the Sky Tower is well worth the visit to see the views around Breslau.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john h
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

One night in the Sofitel was not enough. We were familiar with Wroclaw, but had previously only stayed in the Granary.
The Sofitel has a truly international feel to it, from check-in the staff were attentive and helpful. The door man was welcoming and helped with parking in the underground car park.
We were upgraded to a Junior Suite, which was spacious and enjoyed a nice view over to a church roof and steeple. The room was modern, bright, comfortable and clean. The beds were excellent and made us all want to linger before hitting the road to explore Poland the next day.
The hotel’s location to the Town Square makes it the best luxury option close to the action in Wroclaw. We will be back to enjoy it again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DiboTraveller
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Iv'e stayed at Sofitel in Wroclaw in June of this year. Overall, the hotel is absolutely awesome. The stuff, cleanness, location, and restaurant "Pan Tadeusz" was excellent!
My nightmare has occurred when I saw our bathroom. My friend and I have stayed in a handicap room with two beds. What a shock I went through, when I saw a glass door to our bathroom. I should mention, a completely see-through glass door... To add to it, the toilet was right inside the door... (No privacy at all)! The walk-in shower had no shower curtain!!!! I just wanted to ask, who had designed those bathrooms? By the time I was done with showering, all of my stuff all over the bathroom (especially sink-shelf) area was totally wet. Another problem was the poor ventilation (or should I say, non of it).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business