“Good hotel”

Novotel Wroclaw City
Ranked #22 of 74 Hotels in Wroclaw
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Good hotel, breakfast had to pay later.
Good services to call a taxi .
Fine beer and wine
Good breakfast
Parking was controlled, very good, they called us when the lights were still on
of the car.
they put our coolelements in the freezer

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 11 August 2013

On our recent visit to Poland we stayed here for just one night. It was a little too far from the centre of Wroclawv for me to walk but is a very nice hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. I would have liked to stay longer in Wroclaw to see it properly but we were time constrained. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This place seems to have been built awhile ago, but has been steadily renovated. Still not up to typical Novotel standards, but the price is usually pretty reasonable and a good value. Rooms are fairly comfortable, but don't necessarily have the latest conveniences (like AC in all rooms). Very convenient to both the city center (you should definitely stop by the main squiare) and the highway if you have a car (but there is a fairly modest, and silly, parking fee). I thought breakfast was well above average in taste and choice and since the breakfast rates are often only slightly more expensive than the room only rates, I would recommend getting the breakfast. At the right price, I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Bathroom was smelling a bit. coming from the drain in the shower. It was hot outside and aircon. was struggeling to cool the room down. Staff does not seem friendly(no smiles).
I just expected a bit more from Novotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2013

nice hotel, well connected through tram to the inner city (4km ... around 15-17minutes). Nice rooms, excellent restaurant, bar and lounge ... but rooms were unfortunately not too clean and relative loud. However - I can recommend the hotel over all as I am quite sure that the hotel management will correct the point of criticism rather soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I like Novotel chain and I usually try to book one. There is one Novotel in Wroclaw so it was a natural choice. Very good location if You to travel around with Your car; very close to the ring road and highways. It is also not bad if You want to visit the city and the Old Town. You have two trams to choose from, both are 5 minutes walk from the hotel. It takes around 25 minutes to reach the Old Town and You can buy tickets on the tram using Your credit card.
Hotel is nice looking, nice surrounding.
I took the superior room - was looking exactly the same as in other Novotels but no mini bar, no bathrobe and no slippers. Superior rooms have new furniture and look nicer compared to standard. But be careful - not all are equipped with air conditioning. I had an AC in the reservation but got a room without it. We moved to another room on my request, no problem from the reception. Room and the bathroom was very clean. I had some issues closing the window; they are old and should be replaced. Also, one of the night lamp's switch was broken. We reported that to the reception but repair would be too complicated so we had to manage without it. Room was quiet and sleeping good.
Service was good - check in & check out quick and efficient. I was surprised however that upon check in I was asked to sign under pre authorisation under a sentence "please charge my account". Never happened before; so far my card was just swiped and that's it... Having refused to sign, I was forced to pay for the whole stay in advance. When I checked my invoice later, it came up that I was a little overcharged compared to my reservation. I reported that to the reception and it was corrected. Speaking about reception - the carpet should be dried up or replaced...
Breakfast good, nice choice; egg dishes may be ordered separately.
Speaking about good service, I have to separately, exceptionally positively mention Mr Lukasz taking care about everybody during breakfast. Breakfast would not be so pleasant without him :-)
Also the evening diner service was very caring.
Special thanks to the Management for turning on the heating in rooms when weather got rainy and cold.
Good news is also the price for the parking - much less than other Novotels which was a nice surprise.
So in general the hotel is OK but if these small details are taken care of - it would be great

Room Tip: Ground floor is non smoking floor. Not my case but I would avoid the conference room area in case of...