Qubus Hotel Wroclaw
Europeum Hotel(Wroclaw)
US$78
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmary magdaleneswimming poolgreat locationthe main squareold townnice hotelwithin easy walking distancechristmas marketsmall gymcentral locationstandard roomgood sizeclean roomsjunior suitecoffee machinefew minutes walkyogurt
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The last thing which you would like to face after 16 hours of travel is…. Disco in your room.
Unfortunately, it has happen to us.
We booked our stay using an official website, 2 weeks in advance, paying straight after the booking. In the reservation I did specify that we would like to have QUIET room. We got the loud music and noise until night.
We have arrived Saturday night, just wanting to sleep and…. We got the room just over the restaurant when at the time was… a wedding….
The noise in the room was unsupportable. The entire floor was ‘shaking’, the music was loud and we simply couldn’t sleep until 1:30 am in the night!!!
We wanted to change the room, but all the hotel was booked.
It is unacceptable!!!!
I have read some comment below in polish, and other person was complaining about the same thing.
4 stars hotel? Joke. It cannot happen. We supposed to be informed during the time of the booking that THERE IS A NOISE, which is not allowing you to sleep.

There are the good points of the hotel: it is in the center, there is a payied parking.

But, there are so many other hotels in Wroclaw, where they treat the gusts with respect.
We will come back to Wroclaw in 3 weeks, but we will not come back to Qubus. Not recommended.

Ps. Below I saw an answer from the hotel’s manager ‘our hotel is popular for the people who are making the wedding’. This is not the answer which I would like to hear. I did pay and got a poor/ unacceptable service.

Room Tip: not close to restaurant/ 1st floor / to avoid during the weekend because it is noisy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sniegula
QubusHotel, Dyrektor generalny at Qubus Hotel Wroclaw, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to find out you did not get enough quality sleep. Most the time while hosting a wedding we try and allocate our Guests as far from the restaurant as possible. Unfortunately the day you stayed in our hotel we were fully booked and that is why there was no possibility of moving you to a more secluded room.
We have decided to shut off a part of the first floor prone to carrying noise during wedding parties. I believe that will improve our Guests’ comfort.
I do hope that you will try our services again and that your next visit will be far more enjoyable.

Anna Trevena

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed there twice, rooms are very clean, bathrooms are great. Staff friendly and helpful.
Four minutes to the old town, location terrific. Breakfast 17 euros p.p. it is a modern hotel so has all the conveniences.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Have been to this hotel a couple times, and my experience was usually ok. This was however about 2 years ago. My last visit - May 2014, was total disaster. Hard to believe that it is possible for qubus brand to provide such a low quality of service.

First of all - my room was smelled badly with cigarette smoke (it was a non smoking room). Could not change it because the entire hotel was booked. I understand that it does happen that people smoke in hotel rooms. Good hotel know however how to deal with it (the bad smell is not difficult to detect so kinda difficult to understand why the hotel staff is so surprised to learn that thje hotel room is smelly; ., there are special air puryfing machines available, which do miracles...).

So the next day I asked the reception to change the room for me, during the day, (i.e. move my luggage) while I would be away for the day. Well - as you can guess - the reception Staff forgot about it, and I had to drag all the suticases myself from one room to the other. Oh well..

I ordered breakfast to my room. Just 80 PLN (20 EUR) ... ! It consisted of three sausages, vegeables, cold cuts, coffee, orange juice (from concentrate) and bread (honey and jam also provided). Well - the sauased were cold, so was the bread (although the leaflet said differently) I asked for warm sausages, and they arrived quite quickly with an explanation that they get cold fast.. Well. really,.???? When I cook sausages at home I manage to eat them hot although e few minutes elapse after taking them out of the pot.

I reserved the hotel by myslef, on their official website. I paid for two nights by credit card at booking online. The first night costed about 115 EUR, the second one about 55 EUR. On arrival I asked at the reception to issue the invoice separately for the first noght (including other charges for this night). The reason for this was quite simple - the first night was my official business trip, the cost of which should be returned by the employer; the second night was just for leisure, cost on me... The invoice i received on arrival was already issued for two nights. It did not specify however how much each night costed. It was a total chargé for two nights. This meant for me that if I presented this invoice to my employer, the employer would not know how much he has to return to me for the first night which was on him... I explained it to the reception clerk. He said, he would ask.. The next day I exaplined it once again to the reception clerk (another one). She said, it would not be possible as the invoice is already issued and this is dotpay and I paid and it is for two nights and it was online and it was paid already and they talked to accountant and this happned before and they cant because it was paid and it was paid online and it was dotpay (this is a company handling online transactions... whateva...). So ok.. I asked for an official information, what is exactly included in the invoice, i.e. how much was the first night and how much the second. The answer is NO... Because the system shows the price for two nights and it is the sam price for each night although it was not the same price while booking.
The next day (checkout) of course the issue was not solved. I received the same invoice that was shown to me the first day, in addition I got the other invoice for breakfast and parking.. Now i just need to figure how I am going to convince my employer what exactly they need to return to me for the first night. And of course.. no Chance for me to prove that the first night was twice more expensive that the second night.

Now something about the hotel itself:

The Hotel decor is a bit. ..outdated. Actually - very outdated. The decor was outdated a few years ago as well, but this should really be improved as the times change.

The lobby and staircase smells terribly with.. sewage mixed with floor cleaing liquids..??? How is this possible in the 4 star hotel.

THe hotel system does not allow you to enter the room if it is 1 minute agter check out time, even if you report the lat echeck out to the reception. THis means, you return to your room after a walk in the town arond 12:01 (which is exactly what happend to me), you cant open the door, so you walk back to the reception to get you room card validated.

The breakfast.. sorry.. a bit to expensive (and do not order breakfast to room cause 20 EUR is waaaaay to much for three cold sausages.

The hotel (4 star...) does not provide tolietries (ie. individual bottles of shower gel, shampoo, bath liquid). What yopu get are two dispensers (like in IBIS hotel). Guess what happend to me.. The dyspenser with shower gel was empty, which I found out while taking a shower. This really should not happen in a 4 star hotel !

The location is fantastic.Literally at the market square.
The Staff is polite - I have to admit, and smiling. This does not help however if you have problems.
the hotel van be really cheap - 55 EUR per night at weekend is not much. I guess you get what yopu pay for (but in my case the first night was over 100 EUR.. so..)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Luki_attorney
QubusHotel, General Manager at Qubus Hotel Wroclaw, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion about your recent stay with us. I am glad you fund our Staff polite. In the same time I would like to express my regrets with regards to the invoice you were not helped enough with. Booking a room through our home website is the quickest, the most convenient and the cheapest way of ma king a reservations. The final stage of the booking offers our Guests a possibility to add a comment or a request, like splitting an invoice in two. Due to our accounting procedures it is quite difficult to issue two seperate invoices with all the requirements that you pointed out, however it is not impossible. We try and prepare our young Staff for all kind of situations, they are trained to follow our high standards and strict procedures therefore they did not feel comfortable complying with your request. May I just stress that if you still need your invoice to be re-issued, please send it to our address and our experts will take care of the matter.

With regards to the breakfast, we offer over 100 fresh products on our buffet. It is a shame you did not decide to head down to our restaurant to try out once you found your room service breakfast not up to your standard. I urge you to use that option on your next visit.

Qubus Hotel Wrocław is valued by hundreds of our returning Guests for its charm and the fact that it stands out amongst all the other hotels offering modern business look. There are certain procedures we adhere to for the security of our Guests, like the room card axpiring after check out time. I am sorry you found it troublesome.

I hope that upon your next visit you will find time to talk about your recent visit. We will make sure that your next stay will be as enjoyable as it should be.

Anna Trevena

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Qubus is a modern hotel a few minutes walk from the Old square in Wroclaw, staff are friendly and welcoming. The hotel is well appointed, rooms are very clean and have all mod cons accept an Iron or trouser press but does have free wi fi.

I have stayed numerous times now and not been disappointed, I usually stay for 2 nights.

A Sauna and pool is a welcome addition at the end of the day.

I only use the restaurant for breakfast, but the food is of a high standard and well presented with both a Hot and cold buffet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have been there several times. I always liked to stay there because the rooms are very good. Clean and large. I found the staff always very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent because it takes only 5 min to the old town. I recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime.

Rainer Sch.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rainer S
QubusHotel, General Manager at Qubus Hotel Wroclaw, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Qubus Hotel each time you stay in Wrocław. Also I would like to thank you for taking time to a review about your recent stay - I am glad that you always enjoy your time with us. Our team works tirelessly to ensure all the guests are attended to with care and attention.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back in Wroclaw in the nearest future.

Konstanty Niekraszewicz