Art Hotel
US$79
US$71
US$88
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main squarelovely hotelold townpillow menujunior suiteperfect locationexcellent restaurantmini barshort strollquiet side streethot and cold foodhotel is centrally locatedgood sizelovely roombreakfast choicescomfortable bedsfew steps
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Fantastic location, right at the edge of the market square. Very close to key city landmarks. The rooms were well maintained and clean. Great facilities for a very reasonable price. The staff was friendly, spoke decent English and were very helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely hotel right near the city central square. it is located in an old building, most of it recently renovated with great care to preserve details of the historical building. Rooms are on the smaller side but recently refurbished, modern and very comfortable. Friendly staff. Overall great value for money.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on business in July 2014. Single room on first floor (rear).
Room was a good size for a single (at least I hope it was a single and not a very cosy bed for two!). First impression was one of dark: heavy blinds, dark furniture and carpet (which really does need changing). Outside view was of a interior courtyard, not very impressive. Room was clean but the carpet did not inspire confidence. Nice touch: free small bottle of water every day.
Wi-Fi was free and very good signal. TV a wide range of channels.
Bathroom needs an overhaul: OK but not inspiring. As others have said bring your own toiletries. Low points for a very poor "hosepipe" hairdryer: I really dislike these!
Public rooms are in character and welcoming. Breakfast: a nice selection, in a bright room.
Staff were very helpful. Check-in and out was quick;helpful advice on things to do and see.
Overall an adequate hotel, 3 stars. With investment in the rooms this could be a very good hotel. It has character and potential. Location is very central. Watch out for one of Wroclaw's famous dwarves in the street outside.

Room Tip: Not sure if it makes a difference. Street did not appear too noisy. Room at back was very quiet.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Maybe it was not my lucky trip..
I never like to give low reviews but honestly it hasn't been a nice stay.
I stayed for 2 nights . The rate was a great deal and I can't complain about it at all.
I booked a superior room hoping to get more space but the room on the 4th floor was very small.
I had a bad sleep because I need total darkness but due to the structure of the room the curtains wouldn't close well so the morning after I asked the front office lady if they could kindly assign me another room. She convinced me that the curtains were going to be fixed (????) or something but she was not so keen to move me.. When i went back to reception to ask again I was lucky to find a second lady who helped me out. The room I was moved to had a strange smell of mosquito killer ( I admit I have a very sensitive nose:) ) but at least the curtains were fine.
Surprise at 11 pm when I was ready to sleep , a nice cockroach was touring the floor coming from under the bed. I called reception and the lady wouldn't even apologize for the unconvinience. She told me it's a common problem in Wroclaw so I shouldn't be impressed. After I insisted she sent someone up to check out the situation and I was lucky that the air con in the room was not functioning well , at least I was moved to another room - as u can imagine I was not so serene at teh idea of the fat cockroach that came out from under the bed.
But anyway if it was not for the aircon problem ( daytime there was 32 degrees Celsius and under the roof can get very hot) , I would have had to stay in the same room with the bug killer smell and the doubt thAt more roaches would come out .
Plus I asked assistance to buy a train ticket and the response was : " go to the train station sometime before you train departs and buy a ticket there " . No help or suggestions or infos at all. Honestly it's the first time this happen to me even at lower stars hotels.
But let's speak also about the positives : very good breakfast with fresh ingredients and good restaurant ( had dinner and enjoyed very much )
Great location if u want to be in the old town

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are very small , try the lower floors!
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I visited Wroclaw with 6 other family members (3 other couples) and we all stayed at the Art Hotel. We chose it based on location and positive reviews from others, and found it lived up to our expectations. We had driven from Berlin and found the parking spaces in the garage to be very tight, but we were grateful to have them. Our rooms were lovely, with high ceilings on the upper floor rooms and pretty architectural details. The bed was comfortable and we appreciated the daily complimentary mineral water. Our room had a view of the church across the street and fortunately the street noise was not bad, but then our stay was early in the week and I can imagine on weekends noise could be a nuisance.

We opted for breakfasts and wished we could try everything that was offered. We Americans are always impressed with European breakfasts, particularly the variety of hot and cold dishes and the assortment of vegetables, fruits, meats, cheeses, breads and rolls...you don't get that at American hotels. Breakfast fortified us for long pleasant days exploring Wroclaw, which is a beautiful and very walkable city. The historic city center and countless restaurants and sights are within a short stroll from the hotel.

What really made the Art Hotel stand out for us was the kind and personal service we received from the reception staff. Our father's luggage was lost and it contained medications that he needed. The reception staff located a doctor who speaks English and made an appointment for our dad to meet her in order to have his prescriptions replaced locally. The staff helped us communicate with the airline as well (the bags did arrive two days later).

When I return to Wroclaw, which I hope will be soon, I plan to stay again at the Art Hotel. The combination of location, quality and service are what I look for in a city hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper and stay on a weekend, you might consider requesting a room in the back of the hotel. Upper floor's rooms have higher ceilings.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family