Dwor Polski
Europeum Hotel(Wroclaw)
  • Pool
Zaulek(Wroclaw)
View Hotel
All reviewshistorical buildingthe main squaregreat locationrooms are largeold styleplnreceptionist
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This should be a 4-star hotel, but it is not. The breakfast is qutie small. No hot food, no fresh fruit and no cakes. The cold milk are stored at room temperature, and youghurt was lonly available the first night. The room was qutie large, but no AC, no refrigerator and it was not possible to make tea or coffee.

The worst part for me, was the noice. The room are either facing the courtyard or the street. In the courtyard, you would have to listen to guests laughing and talking till 2200 when the restaurant closes, but then the pub opens til midnigth (0200 AM weekends). This means more shouting and loud music, and since there is no AC, you have to keep the windows open. The nights we were there, the weather was cold, so we kept the windowes closed, but the music was quite loud. The other site has street traffic, a few diner tables and a John Bull Pub further down the road, but it may be more quiet. My wife slept fine, but I had big trouble ignoring the noice. Disapointing when I asked for the most quiet room they got!

Staff was friendly, but not all of them speaks english.

It is very centrally located and the building is beautifull. It was well kept and had charme. A nice place, but it lacked that extra "something" to justify it being a 4-star hotel. Notice, that they got good deals in the weekend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jensine
Reviewed 31 May 2010

A very pleasant hotel situated on the main square in Wroclaw.
Unfortunately when I was there the bars were not open, but there are more than enough bars within 100 mtrs of the hotel.
I was given a doublr room with two single beds on the top floor of the hotel which were definitely uncomfortable and cramped. I asked to be given a better room and this was promply done.
The room that I received was a double poster beded room and was very comfortable.
A big plus to this accommodation was that breakfast was delivered tomy room with no charge.
When I arrived at the hotel I asked where the nearest place to eat was and the doorman escorted me to a little place that served excellent food at a very reasonable cost.
The staff were very friendly and I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank donalddbhu
Reviewed 8 February 2010

We spent one night in this hotel. The location is perfect, it is close to all restaurants, pubs and main square is just behind the corner. The service was really cool. Clean and warm room. Was very positively surprised when lady serving breakfast honestly admited to not to order hot sausages (parówki) cause they are not fresh anymore. Overall saying this hotel was really good choice!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oprach
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We (vacationing couple in our 50"s) stayed in a suite for 3 nights in September for an average of $120 US per night. Huge bedroon with kingsize fourposter, livingroom with TV (which we never watch when we travel) and nice bathroom. Previous reviwer spoke of unsmiling staff, but we didn't experience them (had some laundry done and I thought it was being delivered by my Mom!). Brilliant location around the corner from the main square.
Word of caution to Californians and some others. Poland is still a smoking culture, and the room smelled a little bit of smoke upon entry, to whcih we promptly contributed. Other than that, we can't think of a reason to stay anywhere else in lively, beautiful Wroclaw.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We stayed for three nights and really liked it. Cons? No airco, unsmiley staff. Pros: location, helpful staff (they just don't smile, ok?), decent breakfast, canopied beds. I'd do it again.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family