“First class accomodations and service”

Pensjonat Jana Pawla II
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Wroclaw
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here in early June and were very impressed with the room, the surroundings, the food in the restaurant, and the service. Our check-in was handled with ease, and as we had been traveling for mo0re than two weeks we required laundry service. This was taken care of in a turnaround of 12 hours. We ate dinner both nights in the hotel, because we came in late the first night and the second night I was pretty exhausted from our day. Both evenings our meals were delicious, and we had a waiter the second evening who introduced us to Slivovitz, a traditional Polish plum brandy. We enjoyed it so much that we purchased some at a grocery store and took it to friends in Germany at our next stop, and they enthusiastically polished off the bottle. This hotel is lovely. Its morning buffet is served on a lovely covered solarium, and you can stop by the café for coffee and cake. It's located just over the river from downtown Gdansk, and we spent hours strolling through Old Town, taking in the old and new buildings. We even ventured (though by accident) into residential areas that reminded us of Communist eras. When we returned in the afternoon, we were greeted warmly and informed that if we needed an umbrella for our evening activities the front desk could provide it. Thank you, Jana Pawla II staff for making this such a special time during our visit to Wroclaw.

Room Tip: Our room, located in the far corner of the building on the third floor, was peaceful and quiet. Ma...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Somehow this is listed under Pensions. In fact it is a full-service hotel; and, indeed, it offers apartment accommodation (which we chose). It is very well located in the churches precinct of central Wroclaw. If I was just reviewing the rooms that we were given it would get Five Stars Plus. Our two bedroom apartment, with two bathrooms, three toilets, a reception area, a kitchen, a large lounge and lovely balcony, represented extraordinary value. One or two things about the hotel, however, clipped the rating. The hotel wifi would not work in our rooms, only in the lobby. The breakfast (though it looked good) was too expensive at Zl. 50 pp. We ate at the Cafe Bema, a few minutes walk away, and had a lovely breakfast for less than half the price. We ate at the restaurant for one dinner and were disappointed (my main course was so over-salted I could not finish it). The front desk staff were courteous and obliging, and we loved the surroundings (especially the brilliant botanical gardens next door - don't hesitate to pay the small entry fee). Wroclaw is worth seeing and this is a good place to see it from. Some have commented on the church bells. Yes, they start at 6am, however it wasn't the bells that worried me so much as the garbage trucks that trundled nearby even earlier and the very firm mattresses. But I should not end on a sour note: our rooms were just something out of this world.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

For peace and quet this hotel is perfect the rooms are great and the reception superb breakfast was okay ish. Could do with tea making facilities in the room the restaurant was superb as was bar area cannot comment on the spa we never used it but overall a lovely hotel

• Stayed: April 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2014

So, this must be the best location I have ever been in Wroclaw. Service, food and deco are excellent. WiFi doesn't work but please remember, if your phone is registered in EU just pay for Europass (5Euro a day) and enjoy unlimited Internet wherever you are.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2014

If you are interested in an amazingly quiet hotel in a historic part of Wroclaw, with fabulous breakfasts, this is the place for you. I stay there every time I visit town. They have quiet down to an art, and have created a vestibule when you enter each room that contains a closet and the bathroom, and then a door enters into the bedroom part of the room, eliminating all hall noise. Two big churches are adjacent to the property, so there may be some morning bells. Breakfast is served in a greenhouse overlooking the botanical garden! The only drawback is that rooms are not very large, but it would not deter me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is the best choice for visitors of Wroclaw who want to relax in the peace of Ostrow Tumski, the historic city quarter. The room service, the restaurants (and the underground parking !) are excellent. I stay in this hotel each time I visit Wroclaw. Enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

On arrival to the hotel I thought I'd shown up at the wrong place. The lobby is suited more to a James Bond film! The staff were great, very helpful and informative.
My room was on the first floor and had the best view I've ever had from a hotel bedroom. Right out of my window was the magnificent cathedral. It's great to see when it goes dark and it lights up. Which is also great when trying to find your way home from the centre.
Wroclaw as a city is fantastic, I will definitely be coming back sooner rather than later and will be staying at Jana Pawla II.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business