“standard 'businessman's' 3star”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Lublin
Reviewed 13 June 2013

decide to walk to this hotel from the airport bus.through the 'old town' along the pedestrianised krakowskie przedmiescie,left and straight to the 'victoria'.15 minutes in total.this gave me a good idea of what was 'in town' and where it was.mostly business types or overnight coach parties,i stayed 3nights for a tourist walkabout.hotel perfectly adequate.breakfast ok.room a bit spartan but i opted for the cheapest,on the 10th floor.location also ok as everywhere is a shortish walk<lublin is not enormous>a taxi cost 10zl<£2> one night from old town to this hotel.all in all,fine staff as helpful as needed,hotel very busy in the mornings with people checking out and quite dead the rest of the time.a good budget option for tourists like me

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank geeteeski

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Hotel Victoria is not a bad option for hotel in Lublin.
We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it was nice experience.
The service is nice, the rooms are pretty and clean but too small and the bed is comfortable.
The food in breakfast and dinner is awful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank liorv3
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed here for two nights on business due to other hotels being fully booked. Small rooms with old furnishing, loos floor carpets and a shower about to fall apart. No room service, no clean towels no nothing. Lots of loud and noisy guests well after bedtime, no reactions from hotel crew.
No more to be said, really.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank henrikr529
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Really, I have little to say here as this type of hotel is ubiquitous.
Everything is perfectly acceptable.
Sitting in the lounge 'people-watching' is good.
You won't have a memorable stay, nor will it stick in your memory, but its acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Victoria hotel is not fareway from the old city center and offers several services like a bar/restaurand, rooms for meetings and a dancing room in the groundfloor (didn't visit it).
The room "superior" are quite large and comfortable.
Wi-fi was available and working properly, even though slow.
The breackfast was abundant and of good level.
One problem: only two small elevators were present and in the rush hour this can be a problem ...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sgorla
Reviewed 22 December 2011

When arriving at the hotel, I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised the well furnished lobby that looked very modern. However, to contradict the pleasant common parts, the staff were not all that friendly. The rooms were not much to be desired for ... The shower had hairs in when we arrived so clearly had not been cleaned since the last person was in there! The bed had a large piece of rattling plastic stuck to the mattress with the sheet on top so one could not remove it. The room was dark with not much space for moving. The corridors were pretty depressing. All in all, I didn't get the best nights sleep with a constant humming noise coming from the vents! Do not get fooled by the lobby areas as they were quite nice. The bad bits are all hidden from the people who are not staying there!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, unless you really have no choice ..
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sweety9London
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I think I am doing their cook the honour of calling him/her that! More on that shortly.
The hotel itself is a refurbished, what I like to call an old Communist hotel. Very nicely done, comfortable rooms, nice decor, albeit not quite finished in place. It is 10 stories high, and I fortunately or unfortunately had a room on the 10th floor. I had a relatively good view of the skyline of the old town (when I could see it through the rain and mist during my stay), and a lot of rooftops in between!

Location wise, I can’t be to precise as I didn’t really explore the town, it was a stop over for me. There was however, about 400 metres (according to Google) away, and was truly a 5 minute walk away, a shopping mall, (Lublin Plaza) which contained a range of shops(mainly clothes, ladies fashion, restaurants and a multiplex cinema, a bowling alley, and what was described as a disco (never got to that at night).

Now... the restaurant/bar in the hotel, that’s a story in itself. I was here for 2 nights, a Saturday and Sunday. Being too tired to go anywhere, plus I like to try the food at hotels where I stay, so that I can write these reviews. Hence the ‘sack the cook’ title. First night I ordered a greek salad, and because I like to try the traditional dishes, goulash with kaszka, (=buckwheat). The salad was fine, nicely prepared and quite tasty. No problem. I started into my second choice, and could taste only what I could describe as soured (gone off) meat. I left this, and when the waiter/barman came over I explained that the meat tasted off. He took it off into the kitchen, came back after a short while and said, very sorry but the kaszka was off????? Cooked grain was off??? And would I like to try the dish with potatoes. Like a fool I agreed, when it came back, indeed the potatoes where nice, but I have the feeling the meat was the same,(probably thrown on the floor and spit upon), but given a few more herbs/spices so I couldn’t taste it.

Second night, hey ho, I thought, stick to the salad, they can’t mess that up, (or can they?). Ordered a Caesar Salad. Well that was a shock! The cook obviously had no idea how one is prepared( photo attached, maybe). It is the first Caesar salad that I have had which contained, eggs, cucumber, and red peppers, topped with very vinegary, vinaigrette, (if you can call vinegar and oil alone a vinaigrette). I have tried numerous Caesar salads, and this by far the worst I have come across so far!!!

Next we come to the barman/waiter. He seemed to spend most of his time in the kitchen. There were no end of times during my stay that I had to wait (as did other patrons) for him to appear.

My advice would be to management, TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR EMPLOYEES, this is a fine hotel being let down by its staff.

I would stay here again because it is a very nice hotel, but I would not eat here, nor, unless I was desperate, drink here.

Sorry, couldn't get the photo of the salad off my phone onto the computer

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo