“Nice place to meet with friends and drink beer”
Review of Ceska pivnica

Ceska pivnica
Ranked #60 of 195 Restaurants in Lublin
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Czech, Central European, European, Eastern European
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice place to meet with friends and drink beer”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was in Ceska a few years ago for the first time and last time was in January 2013. I have to say that the service got worse (me and my boyfriend went in not noticed by any waitress) and food got worse (there is a long time wait for a meal but food taste like it's not freshly done). In summer there are outside seatings where service is better. Regardless that I like Ceska because it has large range of beers and it has inside with nice atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
California
“Location isn't everything....”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

...And location is the best thing about this pub. The food was mediocre ( for example watery onion soup with rock hard stale bread and thin veneer of cheese) and lousy service. Yes, there is a good selection of beer, but then this is Poland- and that is not hard to find! Keep going if you pass this place- there are many other much better places in the immediate vicinity.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank born2bwild
Gliwice, Poland
“Will visit again, but no rush”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I like that pub located in basemet which is huge advantage in warm Summer days. Beer is OK, they have many Czech and Slovak beers, which are good. I will visit that place again, but will not push my colleagues to do that asap :)

Visited July 2012
Lublin, Poland
“Used to be better”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I have been a frequent user of this restaurant and I liked it a lot for certain reasons
+ great variety of beers
+ tasty food (Ceska salad is my favourite mainly because of its garlic and cream sauce, good starters and main coursers as well)
+ nice location in the Old Town
+ two levels (upper is more like a restaurant, lower one /in the cellar/ is more like a pub).
However, I have noticed some changes which start to turn this restaurant in a food and drink factory...
- waitresses - everytime I'm there they seem to be overworked and underpaid, they are slow, unwilling to help you and unkind... you can forget about a welcome smile and "good bye"... I feel as an unwanted guest there
- drinks... last time I oredered mulled beer and it tasted like lukewarm water with ginger syrup; after one sip i gave it back and ordered tea, no body was interested why I changed my mind...
Moreover, the tables are too close to one another so at times it can be difficult to leave your table...but you have a chance to listen to your neighbours' stories;)
To sum up, this place has a potential for a pleasant meeting spot but it is consistently spoilt by its workers.

• Visited December 2011