“An Oasis in this historic town!”

andel’s by Vienna House Lodz
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Lodz
Paris, France
“An Oasis in this historic town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

On my 3rd visit to Lodz for work, I finally managed to get a room in this colleague-recommeded hotel. Was not disappointed! This magnificent building has been well restored and has a spacious feel to it; because it is huge!

The room - I had a junior suite was magnificent and I could have comfortably moved it! Loads of space and very tastefully decorated. Bed wonderful and nothing lacking in the room. Such a treat after my last couple of average hotels in this town. Dinned in the restaurant on the first night and had a good meal with an Austrian red wine. Service excellent all round.

This hotel is right beside the shopping complex called Manufaktura - a huge shiny "new" shopping centre, great for a wnader around after work and lots of restaurants and bars to tempt you also. All in all a good loaction!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
AnnaOlszynska, General Manager at andel’s by Vienna House Lodz, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Guest, dear Pippped,

We would like to thank you very much for choosing andel`s Hotel for your recent trip to Lodz. We honestly appreciate your review and we are really glad to hear that you had a great time during your stay. Your positive comments - especially about your confidence with our service - will be shared with our team, as it´s feedback like yours that keeps our team highly motivated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

With best regards,
General Manager & the andel`s Hotel Lodz-team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I travelled to Lodz for Business on March/April 2012 for 2 weeks. I would normally rate this hotel as Better Average, but for Lodz, this was probably one of the better ones you get (no offense). I will go straight to the point...
What I liked:
- Breakfast was good
- Sauna and gym were cool
- Floor heating in the bathroom was nice experience
- Location (very close to the big shopping mall and restaurant area)
- People at the front desk as well as waiters were helpful
What I did not like:
- They put me to smoking room, which I really did not like. I would at least expect them to ask me if that is OK...
- WiFi is a nightmare here. Cable works, but that does not help for the smartphone.
- Not having any points for stays...

If do recommend to stay here if you ever come to Lodz.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest, dear SlovakKiwi,

Thank you for your feedback. It is a real pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very thankful for all the comments, because thanks to them we can improve the level of our service.

We are very sorry that you have been accommodated in a room for smokers. Probably it happened because of high hotel occupancy and we no longer had the choice between rooms for smokers and nonsmokers. Of course in such a case you should have been informed in advance - so once again we really want to apologize for the fact that it did not happen.

Dear Guest, thank you again for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in our hotel!

Sincerely yours,

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here twice for work in march. Lovely Hotel, very spacious rooms, high celings, great design. Staff very proffesional and organised. Restaurant menu good and food lovely. Breakfast choices good, although if there was one thing I would say, being alone in a hotel room service is high on the agenda and the options for both Breakfast and evening meal and limited in comparison to what is actually available on the menu. Otherwise well worth a visit. There is also a variety of restaurants outside the hotel that are within a short walking distance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest, dear JueBourrnemouth,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about your stay at andel`s Hotel Lodz.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel a lot and that we managed to meet your expectations in so many aspects.

Please be ensured that we will take your comment about the menu into consideration and we will try our best to improve the point mentioned.

I hope we will have the pleasure to host you again soon at andel`s Hotel Lodz.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012 via mobile

I have to work in Lodz around 5 times a year and I would stay nowhere else, it's a great building, good rooms and great staff, I have changed the number of nights I'm staying and bookings and they just fix my problems with a smile.

It's close to the main shipping centre so eating out is easy and it's got a cinema for entertainment.

I work through the night and only finishes in the eary hours, out of all the hotels I stay at this is one of the most understanding when it comes to late checkout and unlike most don't try and charge half a day or another day.

The last time I was there they even argued with a taxi drive to make sure I get a good price for the drive to Warsaw, it shows there customer is number 1,

Stayed February 2012
AnnaOlszynska, General Manager at andel’s by Vienna House Lodz, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest, dear Ben S,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Reviews such as yours are the greatest reward for our work as well as good motivation to further improve our level of service. You are right our guest is the number 1 for us !

It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon in andel`s Hotel Lodz.

Sincerely yours,

Pompton Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I was in Lodz for the first time this week and stayed at Andel's for 4 nights. I read with interest, the reviews by others and it troubles me that there are people who don't rate this hotel higher (and I recognize that it is rated #1 in Lodz).

You've already read from the other reviews that this hotel was a former textile factory. So I have trouble with the complaints about the parking garage (which will fit normal size cars) and some other minor annoyances. Look people, it WAS a factory and this company created an incredibly cool hotel so everything won't look like a Marriott because it's not that kind of a place.

If you are, however, a very good hotel where the designers figured out how to make a former factory into a "must stay" place, then stay here!

I was here for a 4 day meeting and only experienced attentive and kind employees. This is true whether it was from the front desk, the restaurant, the gym, and the staff that helped to make our meeting successful.

Andel's Hotel is very, very accommodating.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and based on my location, I only had someone on one side of me. I heard no...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest, Dear DanCohen55,

Thank you very much for placing such an enthusiastic review of our hotel. I was delighted to read you enjoyed our hotel a lot and we managed to meet your expectations on many levels.

Especially we appreciate your understanding and respecting the nature of our histioric property. Once again thank you very much for complimenting us on TripAdvisor.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to andel`s Hotel Lodz.

Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

There was a long time, the only compliment I was able to address to the city -were people- great, with open hearts and minds :)
Finally, after years Lodz has a few quite a nice places, BUT if you are looking for something really special- andel's is THE place you cannot miss!
The loft- style, spacy rooms, design, building by itself- just a pleasure to be there. For shopping lovers- great shopping mall- Manufactura (http://www.manufaktura.com/EN/HomePage/Default.aspx) just a few steps away with many stores, restaurants (do not go for sushi!), museum and theatre.
Strongly recomended

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
AnnaOlszynska, General Manager at andel’s by Vienna House Lodz, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear KA_and_MA,

Thank you very much for placing such an enthusiastic review of our hotel.

It makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the atmosphere of our beautiful hotel.

Once again thank you very much for complimenting us on TripAdvisor.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to andel`s Hotel Lodz soon again..

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Really interesting interior and really good food served in the hotel. Sauna, swimming-pool in place. It's not only the place to sleep but also time to spend a little bit of time. It's not the cheepest hotel that I've spent time. In addition you are invited to pay extra for addition things, like wi-fi.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank michalm401
AnnaOlszynska, General Manager at andel’s by Vienna House Lodz, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Michal M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your opinion about your recent stay in andel´s Hotel Lodz. Your feedback is very valuable to us.
We are very pleased that your overall impression of andel`s Hotel Lodz is very positive.

Thanks for your remarks about the food and our skySPAce with the saunas and swimming pool.

Regarding the prices we would like to point out that we set high standards for what our guests are offered. Please, be sure that we aim to deliver the highest level of quality service possible to satisfy our guests completely.
Dear Guest, thank you again for your opinion. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in andel`s hotel Lodz.

General Manager andel`s Hotel Lodz