“Great Hotel”

andel’s by Vienna House Lodz
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Lodz
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

What a beautiful and unique hotel. Very modern with inviting rooms and incredible bathrooms. My room had two twin beds next to each other making a king size bed. Bed is very comfortable with down pillows. Room has a safe in closet which is a must for travel. Great air conditioning in hot July. Hotel is next to a great shopping mall with lots of outside restaurants. The service at hotel was wonderful. I wanted more hangers, so the front desk sent me 10 more. Breakfast buffet is worth the extra cost. I would definitely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: The fourth floor facing shopping area was a great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Skovlunde, Denmark
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Andel's hotel is one of my Favorites. Fantastic Architecture. Kind staff, -provided me the best breakfast basket ever, as I had to leave before the restaurant was open. Kind staff. Very good location near Manufactura, that has a great variety of restaurants. Since my last review, the internet has been improved, and also the problems with the key-cards has been solved, -so 5 stars this time.

Brisbane
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A really nice hotel, let down, for me, by few faults. I liked the design and the layout of the rooms and the floors. As far as I could tell, there are no corridors and facing rooms are separated by a wide void. Lifts are in the void area. The big windows are fully double glazed. Inter room and outside noise were almost zero. Even the base of the door has a seal. I had a 4th floor room facing maufactura. My room was spotlessly clean and everything was still new and fresh. The bathroom was a good size and water pressure was excellent. There are hand showers in both the bath and the shower. On my night first there was no hot water till about 11pm. No explanation was given. The bed was big and firm but comfortable. I didn't like the overly soft (feather down?) pillows and, on request, no others were available. The curtains are dark but not blockout. No international shaver power point and no USB power on the LCD TV. (Not sure if power adapters are available on request.) No iron. Air con was efficient and quiet. My biggest gripe was the plumbing noise in my ceiling. Every so often loud, water running, noise would increase then die. Loud enough to wake me at 2am and 4am and to require the TV to need to be turned up at other times. I asked to be moved but it was apparently too difficult.The breakfast buffet was very good with a wide range, but nothing cooked to order. I did not try any other food. I did have a good glass of house red at the funky loby bar -but I object to a 27 Zl per glass price when nice bottles are available next door, at Real, for less, for the whole bottle. I would easily stay at andels again but would make sure I got a different room and buy myself a pillow....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
FrontOfficeManagerLO, Kierownik recepcji at andel’s by Vienna House Lodz, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at andel’s Hotel Lodz and for finding the time to express your feedback which is very valuable and important for our team as it helps us to improve the quality of our service.
We are very glad to read your positive evaluation about our rooms and its facilities.
Regarding to your remarks about lack of hot water during your first night – we apologize for this inconvenience and for lack of explanation, which you should receive immediately.
We regret due to lack of possibility of connecting USB power to the TV set – this information has been forwarded to Chef Engineer in order to planning of solving this issue in the nearest future.
For connectivity with electric shaver we have all kinds of adapters, which are for disposal of our guests. After receiving request on adapter, we deliver it immediately to the room, the same with iron. Additionally, we offer access to ironing room and offer iron + board as the standard equipment in our suites and apartments.
We apologize you due to noise made through running water during the night. Regarding to no moving you to other room, we would like to investigate it very exactly but without receiving more details about your stay it will be hard to checking.
Thank you for nice words about high quality of our breakfasts.
Dear Guest, I hope that we will have the opportunity to satisfy you with our improvements during your next stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you at andel’s Hotel Łódź.

With best regards,
Tomasz Pietrzak
Front Office Manager
andel’s Hotel Łódź
ESAV37
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Loved the industrial exterior to this hotel and the renovation that had taken place to transform this building into a great hotel. The value was exceptional, the staff very attentive and the food was really good.The Breakfast was exceptional. The room itself was comfortable with a large bath/shower room. Only sight downside was the noise from a nightclub somewhere within the shopping complex but it was minor. All in all a very good two night stay, i'd certainly return if going back to Poland.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road might get some slight noise from Nightclub within the shopping centre.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ESAV37
FrontOfficeManagerLO, Manager at andel’s by Vienna House Lodz, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Mr./Mrs.

Just at the beginning I would like to thank You for publishing opinion on Trip Advisor.
It is edifying to read Your appreciation to hotel’s adaptation and design and that the most of hotel’s services had reached Your expectations.
I have also reported Your suggestion regarding the Oscar’s Bar area, as we value and discuss every opinion, hint or advice on Department Heads meetings.

Referring to Your negative assessment of check-out service I would like to sincere apologize.
I realize that for business trip the efficient check-in and check-out is essential matter.
On front office we are going to induct some changes to provide full attendance of working stations in rush hours.

I hope that though this inconvenience we will be able to host You again in andel’s Hotel Lodz.

Kind regards,

Katarzyna Kozłowska
Front Office Manager Assistant
Hoddesdon
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Lovely swimmingpol-very different than many on top of building but the end of swimming pool goes out of this hotel so you swim over peoples heads who walk by,very strange and exciting.theres also gym classes,breakfast is also brilliant everything fresh!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Justina K
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 30 June 2014

i have stayed at thsi hotel may times mainly on business.
lodz is a quit dull city but then you have Manufaktura(the great dinning and shopping center in Lodz) -and with this maginificinet hotel.
the service is very good-definetely over average to Poland, the rooms are cool decorated with an excellent finish.
however most astonishing is the swimmingpool on top of the roof -with glass panorama and a view over the city 360 degree!!
when checking out i smile every time.
unbelievable value for this kind of money if you compare to western europe and also warsaw.

go there if you go to Lodz!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Adelaide
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stay here, its brilliant. Great conversion, great architecture, great interiors. Lovely helpful staff, fabulous breakfast, spa and pool excellent. I would happily return here I found it, overall, a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo