“Holiday Inn Lodz”
Review of Holiday Inn LODZ

Holiday Inn LODZ
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Lodz
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I've stayed in a few Holiday Inns recently on business, and this one was memorable for a number of reasons. The room was very affordable and very new and modern compared to those in Holiday Inns I have stayed in in other parts of the world, particularly in the Middle East. The food at the hotel restaurant was excellent, and the bar area in the hotel lobby was very nice too. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is walking distance from the university in Lodz. Overall I would recommend this hotel and would gladly go back. Much better than any other Holiday Inn I have stayed in and very good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Agnieszka N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn LODZ, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Bruce,
it was very nice to read such comments about our hotel! We will be glad to welcome you back!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel is located in very centre of Lodz, close, and just off Pilsudski Street. It has small parking outside. Decorated with some desingers' spots. You might want to ask for quite side of the hotel. Breakfast is very good service is the besr you can expect clean rooms

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind opinion about our hotel. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in a suite and every part of my stay was wonderful.
Following is the snapshot

1. Location- Bang opposite to Tram Station and Lower side of piotrkowska street. 15 mins walk to padestrian only Piotrowska street where all the bar restaurants, street food and pubs are available. The street is beautiful and full of people.

2. Amenities- Though hotel doesn't have a swimming pool but gym was well equipped and Sauna was wonderful. They provided very high quality toiletries in the room and everything which require was available.

3. Room- I stayed in a suite, it was huge with 3 chairs huge sofa cum bed, king size bed, 2 lcd tv's, bathtup, well stocked mini bar huge wardrobes. Decor of the room was simple but pleasing.

4. Hotel Building- Brand new absolutely clean.

5. Service- Staff was amazing ever smiling left lost an opportunity to wish and ask me how I am, whatever I asked for from room change to another view to Room service was done in no time and always with a broad smile on face.

6. Food- Hotel has a bar and a restaurant both have a limited menu I had dinner twice there but both the time food was outstanding. Breakfast had a very large spread and once again amazing service by breakfast staff. I ordered twice from room service both the time it was quick delicious and once again with a broad smile.

7. Overall- A good size hotel definitely deserves fulfills all the criteria of a 4 star. I loved it and highly recommend it. I will return to this place for sure.

Thanks Guys.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Agnieszka N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn LODZ, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest!
It was a great pleasure to read your review of our hotel! Thank you for all the comments, all fantastic! We will do everything to keep on good working. We want you to be happy with your stay with us!
Feel always invited!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Nice new hotel in a good location. Stayed in the executive/juinor suite on quiet side of hotel. The room was very spacious with a sofa, chair, and small table. Also a good sized desk with outlets. Very contemporary style. Great surface space in the bathroom unlike other contemporary hotels. Bottled water provided daily. You can open the large window/doors for fresh air and the thermostat will automatically turn off until you close and lock them. I especially liked the beds and firm pillows. I'm a side sleeper and I really have problems with hotel pillows but this bed and pillow was absolutely wonderful for me. 5 stars for that. Location was good for the festival as it was a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the studios. Breakfast was fine but I'm not eating a Polish-style breakfast so don't really want anything but fruit. There was a man there who asked if I needed anything everytime I came down so I didn't have a problem with that. The snickers bar in the room was kind of funny and we didn't touch it but free bottled water supplied everyday is far more important to me. One design flaw was the bath tub. There is a sheet of fixed glass that covers about a third of the tub so I ended up taking showers standing on the drain to try to eliminate flooding. Still the floor was totally wet after every shower and I'm a small person. Staff was courteous but housekeeping seemed always in a rush to clean our room. We were usually up late so slept in which was a problem for housekeeping who would knock on our door nearly every morning before noon. There is no 24 hour dining or room service so after 11pm...forget it, kitchen is closed. There is a chain restaurant "Sphinx" that may be open later but mostly everything in Lodz closes at 11pm.

Room Tip: The executive suites have a lot of space for families or business where you need to work at a desk...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Agnieszka N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn LODZ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Hallo! Thank you for your accurate opinion! It was a real pleasure to read so many warm words about the hotel! And it would be great to welcome you again!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Hotel is located on main and most recognizable street in Lodz City - Piotrkowska street however not in the main part of that street. Not so far away from shopping center Galeria Lodzka. Hotel has little parking space in the courtyard, what is a great help when you are coming with the car.
I stayed in Executive Suite on the 6th floor. I have to admit, hotel is 1 year old, but it feel like recently open. Room was specious and spotless. I was a bit dissapointment with in room lighting- for example standing lamps in the room (two of them) - connected but impossible to use...dont know why. Little HIFI equipment that you can connect your iPod - great, but not set up with correct hour according to actual time zone.
Room description shows chocolate on the arrival - what means mini size Mars chocolate bar, what I am finding a bit ambarassed ...better not to offer this amenity. Unfortunetly numer of bathrobes didnt match the number of people booked into this room - little things that makes difference - made me a bit suprised -especially as the number of towels sets were in place.
Breakfast with big choice - everything was looking fresh and welcoming, great choice of meat and cheese, vegetables, fruits and sweet stuff - this is what Holiday Inn is about! ... but again little things that makes difference- scrambled eggs were not welcoming - cold and soft...very soft... unfortunetly NO music on the breakfast what is NOT making your start into new day with new energy... You will also not find any food description, for someone who does not eat pork or any other type of meat-that could be lottery with choice.
Stuff is nice and polite in each contact...and thats all - sitting on the breakfast you will easy hear kitchen stuff chat - again no music around to try to balance this sounds. Nobody is asking if you need anything, no follow ups does you like this what you get...
Biggest suprise for me during this stay, as I am holding high level of recognition in Starwood and in other int. hotel chainas, that it was absolutely no interest in the Priority Club recogntion of myself - I wasnt ask to present the card and it was me who asked to verify my profile in the database, as I havent used IHG for longtime and didnt remember my status level. Newspaper delivery choice wasnt offered - but as it was family stay, I ve someone to accompanying me for the breakfast and usual newspaper wasnt needed this time.
As summary - very nice, clean and modern in a way hotel. If you will accept a bit of lack of personal touch and recognition -you should be more than happy.

Room Tip: Rooms from the courtyard side are silent and you will not hear and street sound. Higher than 5 floor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauder T
Agnieszka N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn LODZ, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Lauder T.,
I want to thank you for your full comment. Lots of worm words, but also blind-spots you've pointed out. It is very important for us to get such an opinion, because it helps to improve and develop.
We'll do our best to overcome all shortcomings you've mentioned.
Thank you and hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I used it for the first time. Parking is available at the hotel (and this in the centre of Lodz) so it is important and practical. Staff was very friendly. Room clean but a little bit noisy. I had twice dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was average or nothing special. I did it twice only as I had bad cold and would not go out for a dinner.

Room Tip: My room had a great view and balcony on Potrowska street but keep in mind noisy street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrzej R

Dear Andrzej,

thank you for your warm opinion. It's pleasure to read about good stuff.
We still work on some fields, so hope next time you will be much more satisfied.
Feel invited to our hotel again!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I used this hotel for the first time (previously I used Andels) and at the beginning, I was pleasantly surprised, although the hotel is located in an uninteresting neighborhood, far from everything. Upon check in I was upgraded to a suite that turned out to be very spacious. The living room was rather empty as a working desk a sofa were the only pieces of furniture – it lacks a table and an armchair. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom quite modern. Bathroom amenities luxurious, although the bathroom itself a bit too small (in particular the bathtub could be more spacious). Free Wi-Fi, although quite slow transfer.

The real issue was the traffic noise from the street. I was woken up at 5 am by trams and cars. I simply do not understand what the issue is – coudn’t they use soundproof windows? The hotel is new and they knew that Piotrkowska street was noisy. Why they did not introduce soundproof windows? This is a major drawback. Avoid rooms facing Piotrkowska street at all costs.

The breakfast was a nightmare. Scrambled eggs turned out to be some kind of a liquid, so I decided to order eggs benedict. Two. 12 PLN each. I got …poached eggs. Three. One overcooked, one undercooked and one just perfect. With a strong scent of vinegar. Someone please tell the chef that eggs benedict are not this same as poached eggs!

The hotel provides a spacious parking, although not easy to find.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing Piotrkowska street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PawelL
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn LODZ, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear PawelL,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ambient noise levels, and breakfast selection prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J