“100% Best Breakfast In Lodz & Best Of The Best Location 100%” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Grand

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Grand
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Lodz
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“100% Best Breakfast In Lodz & Best Of The Best Location 100%”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am writing this review from my hotel room. My room is very spacious, spotlessly clean, everything is working fine, the bed is magnificent and very comfortable. Just finished my breakfast and I can say it was truly delicious. The pleasant reception man recommended the breakfast to me and I can honestly say it was well worth the money. There was a fast choice including hot and cold. I asked for poached eggs and to my surprise they came to me perfectly poached. The other 4 hotels in Lodz that I recently stayed in, did not know what a poached egg was. The bacon was also first class.

The hotel is elegant and I hope all these stupid people who say it is old, I want to say to them, "please open your eyes because if it was left to you, you would be demolishing churches and cathedrals because they are old"

100% to the WiFi, very quick and does not keep breaking down. I have booked another couple of days here at the Grand. Give this place a chance and ask for one of the renovated rooms.

Cheers
Anthony
(Tony) Liverpool

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank T D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

All the facilities are very run down, hotel had its best days a long time ago and sadly unless some good investment comes along I can't see this hotel staying there much longer (with so many amazing hotels to choose from in Lodz).

Very expensive for what you get - although on a positive side staff were friendly and helpful.

Also be aware - not all of the rooms have air conditioning - I arrived there in August at 38C and got one without - thankfully they had capacity to move me to one with AC.

The first room I got was Apartment Studio - which was nice but toilets were terrible - dirty loo, leaking shower - oh my that was just awful. The next room was clean and bathroom was in a much better state but the room wasn't as nice as the previous one - very old (80s style furniture) which had better days, low quality curtains, bedding (Ikea set) - just not worth the money I spent really. For that price I would have a far better room and comfort in one of the other hotels around.

Would not recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for air con - not all rooms have it!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Lodz hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Great central position and pleasant hotel - staff friendly and excellent breakfasts. Rooms are a little dated but very clean and comfortable and good bathroom. Hotel seems quiet but it is early in the week.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank IrenaGo
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Following in the footsteps of the great, the good and the very bad, we stayed in one of the 'apartments' which gave us a large bed room (with a comfy and charming bed, long enough for my 6'3' partner), a fantastic huge sitting room, complete with rococo chairs and persian carpet, a spacious clean bathroom and a small hall with fridge. The windows were huge so it was very light, and the double glazing kept out most of the friday and saturday night reveller sounds which did not disturb us at all. The rest of the hotel is equally spacious and redolent of its 19th century heritage. Yes the floors creak, yes we had to bang the bathroom door to get it to shut - but not big problems for us. The shower was good and hot, and the plumbing worked efficiently - much more important. We would have liked a kettle to make ourselves a cup of tea when we fancied it, sitting in our splendid sitting room. The staff were helpful, and breakfast offered pretty much anything you could wish for. Anyway we loved it, and its bang in the middle of one of the liveliest part of the pedestrianised Piotrkowska Street, so lots of bars, restaurants and cafes around.

Room Tip: If you're there at the weekend it might be best to be higher up - away from the street noise. T...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SweetBlackAngel
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

If you want contemporary uber-flash surroundings go somewhere else. The Grand has been around for over a hundred years and oozes solid character and charm. We had an apartment on the third floor, two spacious high ceilinged rooms plus bathroom. All attractively furnished and decorated. And a very comfortable large double bed. The dining room is big enough to be a dance hall, breakfasts are generous, and our one dinner there was excellent. We had three days in June 2013. I doubt there's a nicer, more interesting place to stay in Lodz, and it's fantastically well situated in the city centre. And it's good value.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors may get some noise from late night revellers but that wasn't a problem on...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lodz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very old-fashioned and bears the signs of time. Squeaking floors, moving tiles on the stairs, that decadent atmosphere that I like very much. So, if you like the sort, you will enjoy this hotel. On the very plus side I count very big rooms, new elevators, new bathrooms, smokers rooms availability, free wifi connection, and the friendliness of the staff. Pay attention to the parking place, if not available directly in front of the hotel ask the reception for help.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Franco M
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

We were staying at the hotel between 19-22.04.2013. we have booked a higher standard room (studio) as it was for a special occasion however when we checked in we were put in a standard room. Only when I came downstairs we were told that they made a mistake. Unfortunately it was after midnight when this issue was resolved and we had to stay in a standard room until next day when the reception decided to move us to an apartment free of charge. We were expecting much higher standard of room. The bathroom in a standard room was absolutely awful. It did stink and looked very very dated. Not working shower did not help.
in regards to the apartment - the room standard was not much higher - the bathroom did stink with the odour from pipes. This hotel definitely needs renovating and good investment in renovation. Staff was OK except female receptionist who were not very pleasant.
I will not stay there again. I loved Lodz but not at that hotel.

Room Tip: ask to see the room before checking in if you have a chance
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple