Hotel Grand
Ibis Lodz Centrum(Lodz)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$38
US$35
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast roomgrand old ladycurrent statemajor refurbishmentperfect locationbusy streetroom facinghuge roommain streetgreat atmospherenice stayhistoryballroomgrandeurfameactorscity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Hotel Grand is stuck in a time warp! Is it old renaissance style, communist block or what? This hotel needs to make up its mind what it wants to be. We found the floor was damaged and a trip hazard. In the bathroom the bidet had come away from the wall. The furniture was bad 50’s with a touch of colour from the 80’s. It just didn’t work. We received a wheel chair for our Grandmother with virtually flat tyres; on enquiring for a pump they didn’t have one. I had to buy one which was okay as they are inexpensive. The breakfast was expensive although extensive. After the first day we eat out as there are plenty of places. The breakfast room was beautiful so it is hard to understand the bad styling in the rest of the hotel. It seemed that because the breakfast room was lovely you had to pay more to eat there. Perception was wrong of the hotel. It was named Grand but the old communist sign “orbis” was still visible although the letters had been removed. It needs to be gutted and the floors replaced as they creaked as you walked over them, the room doors were damaged and some painted old flacking white some old Smokey brown not very nice!

Room Tip: never on the front street noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stanislaw Romek B
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel is not quite as grand as it's title suggests! However it was perfectly comfortable, and suited our needs. It is in a very central position with hundreds of restaurants to choose from, although the menu in the hotel looked good too, with a very reasonable range of prices.

Because the hotel is situated on a busy street, I would recommend that you ask for a room away from the front, as it can be very noisy at night! Our room was round the back and was very quiet.

One nice touch, was that the hotel was willing to allow us to leave our luggage, packed, in one of our rooms, as we had a late flight home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I wanted somewhere central and this place looked interesting. It has a faded charm and wouldn't have looked out of place 80 years ago. The lobby area is fantastic, my bedroom was spacious and had everything I needed although again was all a bit dated. The corridors were a bit endless I didn't eat in the hotel but went for a drink after dinner and the bar was really a bit sad. Breakfast, comparatively expensive. I wish I could 3.5 stars, it is better than average but maybe not quite up to very good! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I purposely chose this due to its location and its historical identity (I like hotels that remind me of where I am). It's right in the middle of Lodz' Piotrkowska street - which is the most hopping of Lodz' nightlife, with lots of bars, cafes, stores, street art, and strip clubs. The hotel and room were clean, although the room was "rough around the edges" with things like a loose shower head, a cigarette burn here and there, a door that wasn't completely sealed from the hallway light. The TV and other amenities were fine. The breakfast, served in a grandiose ballroom, was diverse and delicious with lots of cheeses, fruits, meats, breads, juices, cereals, fish and more. I made the mistake of foregoing the breakfast in the hotel to look for something on the street, but apparently, Poles don't eat breakfast out because there were NO other options. The hotel staff was all pleasant and accommodating and, lucky for me, had umbrellas to lend to hapless guests unprepared for the rain. Overall, I was comfortable there!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank E_Donald_Stein
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Huge room with basic amenities including flatscreen tv, slippers,and a phone in the bathroom (!?). You can see that it has been very grand (a while ago), now it is worn and in need of some tlc. Breakfast is served in a pink ballroom- and I would recommend to go quite early as there are no coolers etc to keep the food from getting warm. Staff were friendly, and the hotel has a central location. An interesting experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo