“very charming”
Review of Revelo Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lodz
Revelo Hotel
Ranked #38 of 38 Hotels in Lodz
Ireland
“very charming”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

After a couple of months staying in the Ibis around the corner, this was a welcome change. It is a very charming hotel. I had eaten there numerous times (absolutely the best meal I have had in Lodz!!) and thought with food that good I am sure the hotel will be top notch. As other reviewers have said yes, floors sound a bit creaky, but the decor in the rooms was simply gorgeous. Check out their website, it really is a true reflection of what the rooms are like.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and dine there!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank niamhco

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This is a nice little hotel, a little south of the main tourist area of Lodz (but certainly within easy walking distance)
My room was huge and comfortable. I had a feeling of staying in an old mansion (4 poster bed, old-style furniture, creaky floors)
Bar/restaurant were welcoming and relaxing.
Staff were helpful and kind.
Breakfast was extra (and not at a time that suited me) so I didn't partake.

Overall, this is a good value hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
around Poland
Reviewed 5 December 2008

my favourite hotel in Lodz by a long way, though several cons battling it out with the pros. I stayed in room 2 incidentally, which on the website is the Silver Room. anyway, as follows:

pros: really atmospheric, and a great alternative to the robot functionality of Qubus, Ibis and Campanile
great, friendly, young staff
lovely antique furnishings
minutes away from piotrkowska
decent restaurant

cons:
not quiet! can hear the staff harrying around outside the door, and traffic whizzing outside
lumpy bed, and although it's officially a double it has a dividing split right in the middle.
starchy fabrics - from duvets to towels
the bathrooms are beautiful, but really dark - and cold
a seperate electric heater, cheapens the overall effect. surely their refurb could have upgraded the heating system.
bar closes at 11!

I've actually listed more negatives than positives there, so to redress the balance I really have to stress that by and large the Revelo is aboslutely great - but with a bit more attention to detail it could be even better. Still, next trip, I won't think twice about booking in straight away. And I'll certainly look forward to it.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
York
Reviewed 21 June 2007

superb hotel, which is now called the 'revelo' - beautiful rooms, wonderfully restored with the right period furniture, polished parquet etc. The first floor breakfast room was just perfectly done out. Good location too. The only downside was the service, while everyone was very polite, friendly and helpful, my room wasn't ready when I arrived,despite the fact had been arranged, it wasn't cleaned or tidied in the three days I was there and I didn't always get exactly what I'd ordered for breakfast (which was otherwise excellent). Apparently it has only recently been reopened so maybe these are teething problems. Overall though, I thought it was a great hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — the rooms and the hotel itself
  • Disliked — the service - but they were very friendly!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo