“Experienced humuliation and insecurity in this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of NH Poznan

NH Poznan
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Poznan
“Experienced humuliation and insecurity in this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I made the worst experiences with a hotel ever:

IN SHORT: My earrings disappeared, I found my door open after being away for five hours, they promised to refund my earrings when I checked out, however did not keep that promise (I never received any compensation) but instead blamed me for the loss.

IN DETAIL: My earrings, that I put at the side of the sink, "disapperared" after the room service had cleaned my room. I immediately reported this incident to the reception. They told me they would investigate the case and asked me to come back later. Then, I left the hotel for a business dinner. When I came back at night I found my room door open! (Yes, I am 100% sure I closed the door when I left). I had been away for five hours. That was a pretty huge shock as, first, I was wondering if someone entered my room and, second, eventually everybody could have entered the room as the door had been open for eventually many hours.

The next morning I had to leave quite early. I asked the lady at the reception if someone from the hotel had entered my room as I found the door open. She said that no one entered my room and she said that the door looking system in the hotel sometimes does not work well. She also asked me to contact her boss as they had not found my earrings and she promised that I will get a financial refund for my lost earrings.

However, and that was just another disappointment, the person in charge I contacted via e-mail, just send a standard e-mail saying something like: thank you for your suggestion, this helps us to improve our service. I replied that I cannot accept such a standard e-mail as I experienced several troubles in their hotel. Their answer (that took several days) was that I could have put the earrings in the safe (what would be a true argument if a bulgar took the earrings. But in my case I should be able to trust that my belongings do not disappear with the room service!). They did not go into the open door of my room at all! I could not accept this superficial reply so I again sent them an e-mail. Their reply was that they will contact their principal the next day. But have not heared anything for the last seven days...

This all is just a biter humiliation to me. In my opinion, they just want to sweep their misbehaviour under the mat.

BESIDES these troubles, I would not recommend the hotel either: Bathroom was dirty, right to the window there was a huge and very loud AC. Small and old TV, only few chanels. Too expensive for what they offer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank kittiittik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

You would almost pass this hotel as the entrance is on the street front. Not a large hotel (which is good) and very nicely decorated. The room was large and so was the bathroom. There was also a balcony so you could let in the fresh air. Staff were very helpful. In fact it was so nice I extended my stay another day. Location couldn't be better.

Best prices are on the weekend and if you like the quiet life ask for a room away from the main street.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Endorse other reviews - nice hotel.

Room ,staff, all really good.Central yet quiet location.Staff were super efficent and switched on and requests dealt with very conscienciously. Very nice looking resturant and spa which we didnt try.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lasybloke
Lewes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My last visit to Poznan was five years ago. Many things have changed, and for the better. I suspect that the selection of Poznan's Stadion Miejski as one of the venues for the UEFA Cup 2012 (Lech Poznan's stadium) helped. There are certainly more decent hotels to choose from. I know NH Hotels from previous experience. The one in Poznan is of the same standard as those found elsewhere. I like Spanish owned hotels. They can usually be counted on as have well trained staff and having a good standard of comfort. This was the case at the NH Hotel in Poznan. The staff were professional and very helpful. All spoke good English. The hotel is located only around 10 minutes walk away from the Stary Rynok (old market) in the old city centre - lots of restaurants, cafes and bars.
Like all good chain hotels you do not get a surprise at the decor and size and style of the rooms. Do not expect something essentially Polish. My bedroom could well have been at an NH Hotel in Madrid or Barcelona. It was nice a quiet. Most rooms do not face onto the street. There were all the necessary bits and pieces you expect to find in a decent hotel, TV, safe etc.TV channels include Polish, Russian, German, French, Italian and CNN but not BBC, which I thought odd.The interior fittings are what one would expect in a three/four star hotel. An iron and ironing board are available on request, I can't say that I am a great fan of NH Hotel beds, though. Beds are the one thing in need of improvement. Perhaps I am rather fussy about beds. One small thing I always like about this chain is the soap and shower gell - orange. I smells wonderfully, I wish it were possible to buy the stuff. The brightly coloured soap smells good enough to eat.
Breakfasts are very good. There is an English style buffet of eggs, bacon, sausages etc or you can avoid all this cholesterol with the extensive continental style selection.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

NH Poznan was one of the best hotel I stayed in during my recent Poland / Germany trip. The hotel was a pitstop for my group as we make our way from Krakow to Berlin, but now wishing I'd spend more time there! The place was very central (right smack in the main street) and the room was very comfortable and modern. Dinner and breakfast were hearty and I would certainly recommend this hotel to any traveller (leisure or business) as it left a great impression on me.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

The NH Hotel in Poznan is centrally situated, a 10 minutes walk from the old market square. The hotel offers good quality bedrooms with all comfort, clean and spacious. The hotel has a good price / quality balance. Staff at lobby and at breakfast are very friendly. Breakfast offers a variety of food (bread, eggs, cheese, ...) and is more than OK. The hotel has business rooms, offers free WiFi everywhere. The hotel has a Spa, with good massages, sauna, ... and friendly staff. I can recommand this hotel, travelling either for holiday or business.
Only point of concern, the airco in my room was not working and could not be fixed during my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Imperia, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed a couple of days in this hotel... The position is just perfect, after dinner in 10 minutes you can reach the old city center which is very nice to visit... Our more closer the big central gallery with restaurant, pub and other amenities.
Room are large and very clean, breakfast is good, people is gently with the guest. The is the private parking which is really necessary for staying in this area of the city. Inside everything is new and modern. In my opinion, to be perfect miss a fit room with sauna. The only thing I did not like was the wife which is free but it is almost impossible touse because definitely to much slow.
Overall it is a good choice for spending few days and being in the center.

• Stayed June 2013