“Notes from an Extended Stay”
Review of NH Poznan

NH Poznan
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Poznan
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Notes from an Extended Stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at the NH for three weeks and cannot complain too much overall but here are a few notes …

Bandwidth Battle
The free “basic” Wi-Fi includes 24 hours of 128 Kbit with 100 MB of download and 50 MB of upload. You have to get a slip from the front desk to sign in. I tried the “premium” Internet for EUR 9.90 (which gives you “privileged” access) once but I could not see that much of an improvement. I even called the service number and was told that there are still limitations if too many folks access the Internet from the hotel. The other times I tried to “upgrade” ran into issues where the system gave me some error message … so I just gave up and worked with the “basic” access.

Breakfast (including the Battle of the Coffee Maker)
The buffet-style breakfast was very nice and offered a wide variety of selections. Things did not really change over the three weeks I stayed there but there was enough to choose from.

There were just two problems with that. First … the single (fresh coffee-grinding) coffee maker took way too long. So expect a very long line if there is a large travel group having breakfast or there are some “technical” issues (“NO WADA” means that the water tank has to be refilled). Second … make sure that breakfast is included in your room rate. They will charge you a way overpriced 68 Złoty (~ $20) otherwise. This will be “presented” after you started having your breakfast even though it seems like your room was on “a” list they have when entering the restaurant. The problem is that there are two lists where one is for complimentary breakfast and the other one for non-complimentary … but nothing is obvious.

Bar & Restaurant
The hotel bar and restaurant is actually very nice. I ate there several nights and liked the food.

Room
I think the A/C in my room was broken but was told that it was taken care of. I guess they did take care of a missing light bulb for the light on the desk but missed the bulb in the bathroom. Maybe the same happened with the A/C? The hot weather was only an issue the first week but I believe that this was not fixed even after mentioned to the front desk several times.

The desk and chair is definitely not made for business travelers who need to work there after hours. The hotel bar and restaurant was actually much more comfortable.

The one room feature I really liked is the drawer underneath the sink. This is very slick way of putting away all the toiletries without cluttering the counter.

The folks there were all very nice and polite but the front desk was not all that helpful when trying to resolve an issue with the wrong rate being booked by the travel agency. I kept getting the go-around of who could actually fix the problem with the reservation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Duchtel
HotelNHPoznan, Marketing & sales coordiantor at NH Poznan, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for choosing Hotel NH Poznań**** and for having taken the time to share Your experience with other Tripadvisor travellers.

I'm very sorry to hear that You had trouble with internet access. I would like to assure You that we are taking actions to improve internet conection.

Regarding Your comment about breakfast, there is only one coffee machine, but we are trying to mnimize the queue, our staff is always very happy to serve You fresh cup of coffee directly to the table. Furthermore there are always additional coffee pots that You can find next to the coffee machine. However I will adress Your comment also to the Hotel Restaurant Manager in order to elabroate new solutions.

Appologizing for for the inconvenience experinced, we are constantly improving our service, that why we will take Your opinion seriously.

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require and look forward to welcoming you again in Hotel NH Poznań****.

Aleksandra Witczak
Marketing & sales coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The rooms we were given were directly above the lobby overlooking the street. They are not too big that it is impersonal yet spacious enough to be completed with all the necessary facilities and amenities to make our stay comfortable. Although we stayed only one night here in a trip that took us to 8 different East Eyropean hotels, it has left a deep impression on us. The breakfast spread is satisfactory.

• Stayed April 2014
Scherpenheuvel, Belgium
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights with my boyfriend. The hotel is good located in centrum, not far from shopping center. The wifi is FREE, no need to pay for it , rooms are clean , decorated well.shower is clean. Classic style ,what is totally match with a such nice city as Poznan. Lovely hotel with a good breakfast and helpfull stuff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Brussel, België
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel is situated in a nice building; centrally located.
Positive:
- location
- friendly staff

Negative:
- dark, bit outdated rooms. Cheap-looking finishings
- airconditioning could not be switched off > temperature was very high, so some windows needed to stay open to compensate the heat
- minibar, but no alcoholic beverages
- internet access: signal depends on which room you are staying in. I requested to change room upon arrival due to constant loss of wifi signal
- free internet access, but if you need to work (stable connection) you better opt for the paying option (around 7 euro/24h)
- safe was locked by previous guest. Unlocking was requested at reception, but no result, so safe could not be used during stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fabian211080
Rhondda
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Dont be fooled into thinking in if you register for FREE wifi in your room its free... cos its not... ... you must use a code from reception even though they fail to tell you this. Also do not put your towels in the bath as requested if you require them changed because this will be ignorned.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

1 Thank lloyd886
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Tastefully decorated and fitted to a very high standard, Grohe designer bathroom fittings spacious rooms and really comfy beds. I stayed on the 4th floor in a room towards the back so there was no problem with noise. I do not have any complaints about this hotel, and I cannot understand the other review about the door being left open as they have self closers on. Wide choice at breakfast and everything was fresh you can have fresh fruit, sliced meats and cheeses or cooked breakfast, and an amazing cappucino machine makes great coffee

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HotelNHPoznan, Dyrektor generalny at NH Poznan, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear CLIVEBROOKS,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel NH Poznań**** for your stay in Poznań and for sharing your experience with other TRIPADVISOR travellers.

For Hoteliers, there is no better reward that meeting Guests’ expectations and hearing from them how enjoyable their stay was.
As we all know, the key thing about the hotel is how good sleep and how good breakfast one is able to get there – therefore such a note – is very rewarding for us.
I am truly delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Agnieszka Oćwieja
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. I'm a frequent traveller and I stay in many hotels but this place is very bad. Staff is very rude and very unhelpful. They have no clue what services they offer and no idea what is happening there. When I spoke to front desk manager, the lady pretended to care what I was saying but she didn't do anything. The room was not very clean and I had to ask several times to do anything with it as they didn't care. This hotel is far overpriced for the level of service they offer. This is the first time I left a bad review for the hotel but this place is really very bad so I decided I couldn't stop any other people from going there. Don't waist your money.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ArekUK
HotelNHPoznan, Dyrektor generalny at NH Poznan, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear AREKJE,

All the comments are always highly appreciated as we continuously strive to improve the quality of our hotel and offered services.

I am truly sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations while you were staying in NH Poznań****. Please accept my sincere apologies. Our goal was to provide you excellent service, comfortable and clean room, and most of all, to make your stay enjoyable.

All your feedback has naturally been shared with the hotel team to ensure this kind of behavior will never happen again. What is more, additional training has also been rolled out to insure empathic and professional responses of our staff at all times.

For certain, necessary steps will be taken to avoid such incidents in the future.

Agnieszka Oćwieja