“Great Location/Ok Service/Pricey for Poznan/VERY poor Wifi”
Review of NH Poznan

NH Poznan
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Poznan
San Diego, California
“Great Location/Ok Service/Pricey for Poznan/VERY poor Wifi”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Pros: location, restaurant staff, some of the front desk staff, welcoming lobby, nice rooms overall, room service

Cons: Wifi, man at the front desk with the glasses, housekeeping, noise from trams, none of the English languages on the TV work (e.g. CNN)

In order of the pros and cons.

The location is wonderful. It is a short walk to the town square but not around the noise of the square. With that said if your room faces the street you will hear the trams starting early and ending late. Nothing they can do about it but if you are a light sleeper consider asking for an internal room.

Every time I went to the restaurant for a coffee to go they were wonderful. Very nice and professional. The same goes for the front desk, especially the women. Very professional and nice. The guy at check-out was also very nice. This professionalism started by my walking in and asking for a rate for three nights (extended to 4). The woman's professionalism made me stay even though the rates were high for Poznan.

I had work done on my teeth and working with room service regarding food I could eat was tremendous. The food was very good considering it was room service. It was quick, hot, and exactly what I ordered.

The Wifi is terrible, terrible, terrible. The front desk will tell you it is Swiss and not them. Unfortunately the chain hotel has determined this would be their service provider for guests. It seemed i was going down once an hour to get a new log in code. Also, it was obvious how slow the connection was in order to pay for "premium" which is marketed as giving you priority of unlimited bandwidth. Over 4 days I likely went through 30 different log-in codes (cumulative for three devices). If Wifi is important to you be prepared to pay (if I recall it is 6.99 euro per day).

As for the man at the front desk, I asked him where the casino was in the building as it had something in the elevator reading there was a casino. He said it was moved and told me where. Later in the day I got dressed up and realized I should have asked him what time it opened. So on my way out I asked him when it opened. He said he didn't know and kept doing his work. I was then going to go up to the room with another internet code and research it. Instead I asked him if he could find out. After 10 minutes of searching the web he said he couldn't find anything but that it should open at 8. Well, there are two casinos and they are both open 24 hours.

The same man surprised me when i asked for towels from housekeeping as they didn't clean my room that day. He said there were extras on the shelf in the closet. Wow, instead of saying yes we will send them up he shocked me with this answer considering I had already asked the woman earlier if she could have them sent up and she said she would (which they didn't bring).

Housekeeping was surreal. The first day everything was in my room. The second day I decided to just have towels and amenities seeing as it was late in the afternoon and they still hadn't done up the room. They brought towels and amenities. The third day at 9:30am they knocked and I said I would be out in 2 hours to please come back. They didn't. I came back at the end of the day and nothing was made up, towels were on the floor, etc.. I had to again contact the front desk. A woman came up and did a very cursory job while I had coffee down in the lobby.

It was the man at the front desk with his answers to questions as well as housekeeping and wifi that have made this a 3 star property. It does not live up to the standards of NH Hotels but after traveling Eastern Europe again I am starting to assume some of the problems are cultural and leftover mindsets from pre-1989 in terms of the service industry.

Kudos to those who really lived up to the standards of NH hotels but you are only as good as your worst employee.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the main road/tram route. Ask for a room that Wifi will work properly.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank wanderingtheworld200
HotelNHPoznan, koordynator ds sprzedaży i marketingu at NH Poznan, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You very much for choosing Hotel NH Poznań**** for your stay in Poznańa and for sharing your experience with other Tripadvisor travellers.

All the comments are always highly appreciated as we continuosly strive to improve the quality of our hotel and offered services.

First of all I would sincerely like to appologize for what you experienced. I do regret that such an unfortunable situation with hauskeeping staff happened and in effect you were left with a bad impression. All your feedback has naturally been shared with the hotel team to ensure this kind of behavior will never happen again.

I also would like to assure you that we are doing our best to improve the internet connection, hopefully in the near future wi-fi connection will be satisfying for all our guest.

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require and look forward to welcoming you again in hotel NH Poznań****

sales&marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
europe
Reviewed 1 August 2014

we've spent a nice weekend at poznan staying at this nice hotel. but: rooms have been to cold due to air conditioning (which started automatically at night again, although turned off) plus the breakfast (which we didn't book) is much to dear: 15 eur p.p. other than that okay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mick D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I'm very sorry to hear that You have troubles with A/C, I would like to assure You, that we are executing general technical review of air conditioning equipment. Next time please do not hasitate and contact our reception at any time, the will be happy to help You.

We looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and will do our best to meet Your expectations.

Best Regards
sales&marketing coordinator
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A lovely hotel in the city centre and tremendous value for money. Double room with breakfast £60 all in. The room was a large,modern, well appointed,en suite room with a large bathroom. Breakfast was buffet style which provided a wide selection.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelNHPoznan, at NH Poznan, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank You for choosing Hotel NH Poznań**** and for having taken the time to share Your experience with other Tripadvisor travellers.

I'm very glad that You like our rooms and breakfast, maybe during next stay You will also have an oportunity to visit our Restaurant for lunch or dinner.

I do hope, that we may have the pleasure of welcoming You to our Hotel in the near future.

Sincerely Yours
Marketing & sales coordinator
Lampeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were at a festival in the Zamek Art Centre across the road so it was very convenient. However a 15 minute walk to the heart of Poznan the Old Market Square which is spectacular.
Good sized clean room, comfortable bed, quiet side. Very good breakfast lots of choice, and a good restaurant.
The only issue is the broadband connection drama. Every 24 hours you have to get a new number and password and rebook in to a rather slow service which is a nuisance. Not sure that anywhere in Poznan will have fast broadband however.
You can get a good massage if you book it early.

Room Tip: quiet rooms look out over roofs. 5th floor is very hot in summer (air/con not reliable). Do ask to s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Evaskalla
HotelNHPoznan, Sales&marketing coordinator at NH Poznan, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Evaskalla,

Thank You for choosing NH Poznan Hotel and sharing Your wonderfull experience.

I'm truly sorry to hear You have troubles with internet connection, I would like to assure You
that we are taking actions to improve it.

Apologizing for the inconvenience experienced, we still hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to NH Hotel Poznań.

Best Regards
Sales & marketing coordinator
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at the NH for three weeks and cannot complain too much overall but here are a few notes …

Bandwidth Battle
The free “basic” Wi-Fi includes 24 hours of 128 Kbit with 100 MB of download and 50 MB of upload. You have to get a slip from the front desk to sign in. I tried the “premium” Internet for EUR 9.90 (which gives you “privileged” access) once but I could not see that much of an improvement. I even called the service number and was told that there are still limitations if too many folks access the Internet from the hotel. The other times I tried to “upgrade” ran into issues where the system gave me some error message … so I just gave up and worked with the “basic” access.

Breakfast (including the Battle of the Coffee Maker)
The buffet-style breakfast was very nice and offered a wide variety of selections. Things did not really change over the three weeks I stayed there but there was enough to choose from.

There were just two problems with that. First … the single (fresh coffee-grinding) coffee maker took way too long. So expect a very long line if there is a large travel group having breakfast or there are some “technical” issues (“NO WADA” means that the water tank has to be refilled). Second … make sure that breakfast is included in your room rate. They will charge you a way overpriced 68 Złoty (~ $20) otherwise. This will be “presented” after you started having your breakfast even though it seems like your room was on “a” list they have when entering the restaurant. The problem is that there are two lists where one is for complimentary breakfast and the other one for non-complimentary … but nothing is obvious.

Bar & Restaurant
The hotel bar and restaurant is actually very nice. I ate there several nights and liked the food.

Room
I think the A/C in my room was broken but was told that it was taken care of. I guess they did take care of a missing light bulb for the light on the desk but missed the bulb in the bathroom. Maybe the same happened with the A/C? The hot weather was only an issue the first week but I believe that this was not fixed even after mentioned to the front desk several times.

The desk and chair is definitely not made for business travelers who need to work there after hours. The hotel bar and restaurant was actually much more comfortable.

The one room feature I really liked is the drawer underneath the sink. This is very slick way of putting away all the toiletries without cluttering the counter.

The folks there were all very nice and polite but the front desk was not all that helpful when trying to resolve an issue with the wrong rate being booked by the travel agency. I kept getting the go-around of who could actually fix the problem with the reservation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Duchtel
HotelNHPoznan, Marketing & sales coordiantor at NH Poznan, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I'm very sorry to hear that You had trouble with internet access. I would like to assure You that we are taking actions to improve internet conection.

Regarding Your comment about breakfast, there is only one coffee machine, but we are trying to mnimize the queue, our staff is always very happy to serve You fresh cup of coffee directly to the table. Furthermore there are always additional coffee pots that You can find next to the coffee machine. However I will adress Your comment also to the Hotel Restaurant Manager in order to elabroate new solutions.

Appologizing for for the inconvenience experinced, we are constantly improving our service, that why we will take Your opinion seriously.

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require and look forward to welcoming you again in Hotel NH Poznań****.

Marketing & sales coordinator
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The rooms we were given were directly above the lobby overlooking the street. They are not too big that it is impersonal yet spacious enough to be completed with all the necessary facilities and amenities to make our stay comfortable. Although we stayed only one night here in a trip that took us to 8 different East Eyropean hotels, it has left a deep impression on us. The breakfast spread is satisfactory.

• Stayed April 2014
Scherpenheuvel, Belgium
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights with my boyfriend. The hotel is good located in centrum, not far from shopping center. The wifi is FREE, no need to pay for it , rooms are clean , decorated well.shower is clean. Classic style ,what is totally match with a such nice city as Poznan. Lovely hotel with a good breakfast and helpfull stuff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business