“Very nice place to stay”

City Park Hotel & Residence
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Poznan
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Was here for a couple of nights and came away very impressed. Large contemporary rooms, comfortable beds, free wifi small kitchen in the room should you need it. The facilities (spa) are great and the people couldn't be more helpful. Breakfast was great too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to see, that we have managed all your expectations.

Very good comments about different areas of City Park are the best motivation for our team, to maintain the highest level of service.

I hope, that we will have pleasure to welcome you again in City Park soon,

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stayed here on business for two nights and I cannot say anything wrong about my visit.
The rooms have a contemporary style, are large, with all facilities including a small fridge and electric range.

Beds were very comfortable, large 42inch TV and a very high quality radio/Ipod dock for entertainment. I did not manage to get to the gym or swimming pool, but were on offer for residents.

Concierge were very obliging, ordering cars and a conference room at short notice for us.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely return when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Guest,

In the name of our staff I would like to express our gratitude for your comment.

It is a pleasure to hear, that you found our rooms very comfortable and that you used many of their facilities. Maybe next time you will find some time, to visit also our Wellness area.

I am particularly happy, that you have appreciated our concierges work. I have already showed them your review and I have thanked them for their good job.

I hope we will have pleasure to welcome you again in near time.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I like this please a lot. During last years I've been there a few times and never disappointed. The rooms are very spacy with a small hidden kitchen, so especially helpful once you travel with small kids like I did once. The stuff is very helpful. Also I like the area a lot- quiet but very close to get anywhere. Great restaurant/wine store "Mielżynski" just a few steps away, also the sushi bar and a few other places. Very much recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank You very much for choosing City Park Hotel & Residence for your recent stay in Poznań.

I am very glad, that you liked our rooms. Our hotel has got certificate of Family Friendly Hotel, so if you are traveling with kids, please ask our concierge about special accessories for children that we can deliver to the room, to make your stay the most comfortable for the whole family. Our restaurant Cucina can also prepare something special for our smallest guests.

I am also very happy, that you liked many other atractions in City Park.

We are looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed in the city park residence in November 2012 for 4 days. This is a lovely modern Hotel and a safe place to stay. While i was there i made use of the leisure facilities swimming pool, Jaccuzi steam room etc which are first class.I would certainly recommend staying here if visiting Poznan.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your positive review. Being called "great place to stay" is very valuable to us and I will pass your words to our team. Such comments give us motivation to keep improve our services.

I am delighted that you found our wellness facilities very good.

I look forward to your return to the City Park Poznan.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2013

This is a very comfortable hotel, with very large bedrooms and bathrooms and comprehensive, modern facilities as noted by other reviewers. The hotel and surrounding buildings used to be the cavalry barracks and has been renovated to a very high standard. I stayed in January in cold, wet weather, so I did not visit any of the shops or restaurants in the complex. It was nice to get a feeling of space in a hotel with only 2 stories.

I stayed in the main hotel building and would recommend these rooms to be close to the restaurant and bar. Service was excellent throughout the hotel. Breakfast and dinner in the restaurant was very good, although food and drink seemed a little expensive. However, not having visited Poland previously, I do not know whether it is more expensive than other top hotels in Poznan – but the room rate is very good value for money. There is a delicatessen adjacent to the restaurant with a good selection of Polish and other foodstuffs. The Whisky Bar 88 had a very wide selection of wines and whiskies [according to their website, 350 varieties!].

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Dear Guest,

In the name of all staff of City Park Hotel & Residence Poznan, I would like to express our satisfaction, that we have met your expectations. We are very thankful, that you have also found time to share your opinion with other Tripadvisor users.

From my side I can assure you, that prices in our restaurant are even a bit lower than in other restauratns in Poznan's top hotels.

I hope, that we will have pleasure to welcome you again many times in the future in our hotel, maybe when the weather will be more friendly, you will be able to explore more of City Park's attractions.

I wish you all the best in New Year.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I stayed in the City Park hotel during a business trip to Poznan mid Nov 2012. By the looks of it the hotel is very modern. The rooms are very big and spacious with a separate corner with a couch and a kitchenette with a stove and microwave. The towels in the bathroom are thin and tacky and not great.

The Wi-Fi in the room didnt work at all. I complained everyday about it - nothing was done to fix it. Other guests also complained about it. The gym facilities , for a five star hotel, is really shocking! 6 pieces of cardio equipment in a small room. No weight area or even stretching mats. Besides this the "gym" only opens at 6.30am every day which means one can hardly fit in an hours' workout before the workday commences. I had to literally wake up the instructor from behind his desk everyday to unlog the gym at 6.30am and switch on the lights, switch on the equipment.

The gym & breakfast room is also in separate buildings to the hotel rooms so one have to walk in the cold between the buildings which I found very badly designed especially in Polish winter weather.

The breakfast was good. But the waiter service slow. One morning I waited for 20min for a cup of coffee!

This hotel is definitely not worth the high rates and the facilities and service are disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for choosing City Park for your recent stay in Poznan.

I am very glad, that you have enjoyed our rooms.

Regarding your comment about Wi-Fi I am very surprised that there was no reaction after your complains. We know how important is high speed Wi-Fi to our guests and if there are any problems with it, we act very quickly to solve them. Please do not hesitate to ask for Manager on Duty with such issues.

We have never received a comment, that 6:30 AM is too late for opening Wellness area, however after your remark we will consider opening it earlier. At this time wellness should be of course ready to welcome our guests and I will speak immediately to our wellness staff about it.

Our hotel is located in renovated XIX th century army buildings, so there is no possibility to connect all buildings together, but yet, we also have deluxe rooms located in the same building where the restaurant is located and it is also connected with wellness area. I am sorry that you found not comfortable to walk to the other building to have breakfast and to go to the wellness area, however some of our guest prefer to stay in main building and some prefer second one, so it was not our intention to locate you in worse room.

I will address your comment also to our Restaurant Manager in order to explain the situation with coffee.

We apologise one more time for the inconveniences and we would very much appreciate if you would give us possibility to welcome you again in our hotel, to prove you that we able to provide highest class service.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights for work purposes in August. Very fancy business hotel, spacious rooms. Breakfast is good, apart from that the food is expensive and I didn't find the dinner that good really.
A lot of the staff hardly speaks English. Towels for the pool are mere thin sheets, saunas were not operating when I was there. The spa was not very good either. Cold, uncomfortable room with noise from the pump room for the pool, no relaxing waiting area (stood in the narrow hall waiting for 10-15 minutes), and theres a direct view from the top floor pool area and down to where you get the massage!

Frequent trams to the city centre, or not that far to walk either, really. But kind of in the middle of "nowhere".

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business