“Good stay, distracting details”

City Park Hotel & Residence
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Poznan
Reviewed 5 July 2013

As many reviewed: very good hotel. Good service, spacious rooms, modern bathroom, large beds, very clean and well maitained hotel. Nice whisky bar (good selection :) ), relatively high priced. Good breakfast and reasonable restaurant. However found few issues:
1. blinds does not cover widows fully
2. Had nice room but not light switch next to bed
3. Pillows stone hard (cannot sleep)
an dlocation is slightly remote from city center. If you like to be at old town - City park is bit too remote

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I am delighted with your comment about our rooms, restaurant and bar.

According to the issues you have mentioned.
With one and two we are already taking care.
Regarding third point, there is a pillow menu in every room, so please do not hesitate to contact the front desk, when you need a different one.
It is true, that City Park is a little bit far from the old town, but it is very close to Poznań International Fair, and closer to the airport than any other Poznań's top hotels. City Park has also many attractions, that the old town does not have.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Great place to stay in Poznan. Only one issue as a previuos reviewer has indicated there is a problem in the bedrooms with curtains that do not cover the windows and skylights with no blinds. Hence in summer you are woken early with blinding light in the room. The management in a previuos reply have denied this problem suggest they really check it out.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for room with full curtains and blind on skylight
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.

For this moment we have automatic blinds, that cover the skylights, in deluxe building. Due to our guest's comments, the hotel management has decided, to install electric curtains, also in second building. This
investment will be proceed in few months.

I am very glad, that except from this problem, you described your stay as a great one.

We will be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on business purpose. Great place in peaceful small shopping/wellness area. Top notch rooms, good service, nice facilities including spa, pool, delicatessen, whisky bar and couple of high end eateries.

• Stayed: June 2013
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review of City Park Hotel & Residence.

I am very pleased, that you have found some time to also visit our facilities.
If you have not tried it, I would recommend restaurant Cucina, with the best Mediterranean cuisine in Poznań.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The hotel is lovely - its modern and clean, the facilities are good, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was excellent, the rooms and bathrooms were very big and spacious.

There were however a couple of small things the hotel could do that would make a big difference. Firstly, buy bigger curtains that actually cover the whole window - bizarrely the curtains only cover half the window!!! Secondly, get a proper blind to cover the skylight - I really didn't appreciate being woken up at 5.30am each morning with sun shinning directly in my eyes. Thirdly, more towels (one small towel per day is not enough), and a bigger comfy duvet on the bed rather than a small blanket.

In summary, the hotel has is all, and by making a small investment in a few little things, the hotel would move from a 'good' hotel to a 'fantastic' hotel.

ps - wifi in the rooms worked fine for me, but it did cut out a couple of times

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review.

I am very glad about your positive comment of our rooms, staff and breakfast.

I can assure you, that all of our rooms have curtains, that cover the whole window. I will find out, why in your room there was curtain that covered only half of window.
We have two types of rooms in our hotel. Those in main building, have got blinds that cover totally the skylight, and those in second building do not have them.
Our standard, is three towells in the bathroom, one on the floor, one small and one big. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk if one of them were missing.

I hope that you will visit us again soon, and after this visit you will rate us as a fantastic hotel.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Hotel is a part of the City Park area with restaurants, shops, pool, fitness centre and several other attractions. The rooms are spacious, modern, very clean and with a real high speed internet. A bit surprising that there was no mini bar, though. The setting of the hotel is attractive and close to the city centre attractions. Absolutely recommendable. So is the restaurant "Cucina" where also breakfast is served.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure, to read such words about our hotel.
I am very happy, that you liked everything about our rooms.

In deluxe rooms, there are complimentary soft drinks in minibars, but in classic rooms, we fill them on guest's demand.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here for three night. Really good room and service.
Things that I didn't like:
- Every evening there was a smoke smell in the room, if windows were opened, it's better to use A/C;
- The bad was short (I'm 1.94m tall), though they promised longer bad than standard while booking;
- Breakfast was not very various - the same sausages and scrambled eggs every day.

Nevertheless I can recommend this hotel to all travellers. When I'll be the next time in Poznan I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen City Park Hotel & Residence for your stay in Poznań.
I am also delighted with your recommendation for our hotel, to all travellers.

According to the things you did not like:
- It appears that someone has smoked cigarettes under your window. We are not able to completely control it, as there are many offices in City Park, but of course we will pay attention to this.
- Please notice, that all our beds are 210 cm long, with as long mattresses, so all of them are longer than normal hotel matresses. Some hotels put even 210 cm mattresses on demand as longer ones. However for special request we can also prepare even a longer matress and I will find out why it was not prepared for you.
- I will pass your comment to our Chef de Cuisine, but please also notice, that there is always a cook who is present at life-station during breakfast and he can prepare anything you would like to have, like omelettes with selected by you ingredients, Eggs Benedict and many other breakfast dishes.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I was there just staying one night. I was really impressed. New hotel residence.
Price was adequate to 5*, Pleasent staff.
I cannot say anything wrong about my visit. The rooms have a contemporary style, are large, with all facilities including a kitchen. Beds were very comfortable, large 42inch TV. Internet working well. Just one comment to breafast, there were no restaurant and breakfast is served directly to the room. This service working very well, but I prefere a restaurant to be with my friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of City Park Hotel & Residence, I would like to thank You for having chosen our Hotel for Your recent visit in Poznan.

We much appreciate, that you have found time to express your feedback after your stay.

We are very pleased, that you liked almost everything about our rooms and staff.

I would like also to assure, that we do have a restaurant for the breakfast. Restaurant Cucina serves a buffet breakfast with wide selection of hams, cheese, fruits and many other delicious dishes, also hot ones like omelettes. I hope that you will visit our restaurant, when you will be next time in Poznan.

We are looking very much forward to your next visit.