“Weekend in Poznan”

City Park Hotel & Residence
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Poznan
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Location is not perfect - we had to can it into the town. But it is still a very good value for money. Rooms are HUGE and confortable, staff is attentive and there is a great selection of restaurants at the hotel. All in all it's definitely worth recommending.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marek i Ania J

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and was very impressed by the hotel, we usually stay at the Andersia or the Sheraton but now they have stiff competition in the City Park! If you are driving and arriving late at night it can be tricky to figure out exactly where to park but once that is sorted its all very easy.

Reception staff were very attentive and welcoming and the rooms were very spacious with some decent seating/work areas and a nice little kitchenette to use if required. The bed was very comfortable with decent pillows and I had to remember to close the roof blinds (not a big issue re lights as up early on business anyway!) but one of our pet hates in Poland is the insistence of baths in bathrooms rather than walk in showers!

I think this is a cultural thing but the bathroom is plenty big enough to have both and having to step into a bath to have a shower with wall hung unit is just not as good as a decent separate shower - also you only received 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel which i thought was a little mean!

We ate both at lunch and dinner in the Whiskey Bar 88 during our stay and the team behind the bar were great and the menu albeit light for the bar produced some great burgers! Disappointed that there were no Polish beers or even pirogi on the menu but..............

Breakfast in the Cucina was very good with a great choice of hot/cold food - we opted for the omelettes every day and these were excellent but the dinner menu wasn't quite what we wanted so opted for the burgers again in the bar!

Location wise is a little out of the way if you wanted to go to the Stary Rynek but you have everything on hand in the hotel or in the shopping plaza next door that offers shopping or you can have a haircut/Thai massage or try the golf simulator!

All in all a great place to stay and the conversion from former Polish Army barracks to boutique hotel is great and bar the minor niggle about the shower we loved it and will make it our base when in Poznan area in future!

Room Tip: I try to avoid rooms on outside i.e. above reception as these may be noisier.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JonnyBongo
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a very stylish and sympathetic conversion of existing historic buildings and has turned the place into a mini resort. My room was huge and would have been suitable for a longer term stay - a well appointed mini kitchen, nice seating area, and massive bathroom with plenty of storage places. There were several choices of places to dine and the ability to enjoy fresh air was much appreciated. I only have a couple of suggestions (which I made to the Check Out staff - bigger bath towels which are not washed in fabric softener and a box of tissues would have made a great stay outstanding.

Room Tip: My room location was away from the main reception building but it was very quiet - so much so I did...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Penny F
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Madame,

Thank You very much for this wonderful opinion.
I am glad that we have met your expectations.

We are constantly improving our service that is why we will take every suggestions seriously.

Best Regards
Andrzej Hływka

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I spent just one night at this hotel but I hope I could have been there for a longer period of time. Very friendly staff, always willing to please you, very good rooms, a great spa/wellness area and surprisingly good food. All in all, a very positive experience which I will repeat for sure on my next business trip to Poznan.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alberto R
Andrzej H, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for this positive review.

I am certain that next time we will surprise You even more with even better service and your stay will be unforgettable experience.
I hope you will have an opportunity to spend more time in City Park Hotel & Residence.

Best Regards
Andrzej Hływka

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Modern, spacious rooms in a very climatic surroundings. Service is excellent and cleanliness immense. If you want a stylish, comfortable stay definitely go for this hotel. And breakfasts in Cucina 88 restaurants are superb. Fantastic experience, location though is somewhat off the city center.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.

I am very pleased, that we have met your expectations in all areas.

Such comments are the most important reward for our job.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Just back from 3 nights in this hotel. All the staff we encountered were excellent, nothing was too much trouble to them. The hotel is a little out of town, but easily reachable by tram, the reception staff give clear instructions and it was part of the adventure to find our way about. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was very good. The pool and saunas are on the top floor of the main building and were a really pleasant way to finish a day of walking about in the heat.

Room Tip: As previously mentioned the rooms in the building above the shops have the problem with too much li...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Grzegorz W, Front Office Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I can not write anything else, as very big "thank you" for this positive review.
We are pleased that we have fulfilled your expectations. Such comments give us motivation to do even better in the future, but when our guest says that "nothing was too much trouble" for our staff, it is a sign for us, that we are heading in a good direction.

It will be a true pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had a great stay here.

Checkin was efficient and friendly and the room simply stunning. Very large, immaculately clean and modern. Free Wi-Fi throughout the whole complex.

There is a little shop in the complex too where you can pick up some bits and pieces.

The hotel has a beautiful restaurant - We wanted to sit outside but the dining area was full so we were asked to sit inside until a table came up. Two hours later we still were sat inside so guess a table never came up! With this aside, the food (and wine) was absolutely top class. A lovely meal. We headed into Whiskey bar after.. very nice too!

Breakfast was of the same quality. Wonderful selection.

It is 5 Star, so they really do know what they are doing. If I could pick faults I would say checkout was very slow, the sky light in the room does let in a lot of light and the location is not town centre so you are a bit confined to the hotel area.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel, and for the price it really is fantastic value!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you called our rooms "stunning".
I am very sorry that there was no free table for you outside, but I hope that our food has compensated it to you.

The case with sky light, I have explained in comment below. Please give us some time to take care of it.
I am very surprised about the slow check out. If you will find some time, I would be very grateful, if you could send us an email,
and describe the situation.

I hope that we will have pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.