City Park Hotel & Residence
US$121
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Poznan Old Town(Poznan)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$65
US$91
US$70
  • Pool
HP Park Hotel - Poznan(Poznan)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$52
  • Breakfast included
US$62
US$60
Brovaria(Poznan)
US$57
  • Restaurant
PURO Poznan Stare Miasto(Poznan)
US$71
US$67
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswhiskey barsmall kitchenettecigar loungecucina restaurantpolish armyclothing storesbalinese massagerooms are hugered brickbreakfast restaurantbusiness tripbreakfast was amazingspa areakitchen areasame buildingamazing hotelrestaurants and cafes
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I arrived at night. On the property you cannot find any sign where the hotel is.
After asking around I found the reception. The hotel is beautiful restored.
They told me that the property was an army barrack years ago.

Rooms are big, new and nicely finished.
Remember to close the roof at night not to be awaken early in the morning.
Service in the hotel is average and for a 5 star hotel you expect more.

Food is ok. Room service is bad. Check you food especially your meat.
Raw meat on a hot day. A chef that doesn't know what he's doing.

If you want a nice room and don't care about service this place is good. When you are looking for a good 5 star hotel you have to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Room 4 was nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you had some trouble to find the reception. We have recently installed huge neon sign with our logo to help the guest find the way to our Hotel. In the next few weeks we are planning to install additional designation.

Thank you that you appreciate the history of our complex and our rooms.

I do not quite understand the room service issue. I know that you have ordered a medium rare burger and it was served this way. The meat is 100% best quality beef and I am sure it was not raw.

As for the service I am really concerned about your opinion. Providing the best 5 star service is always our priority.

I hope you will have the opportunity to visit our hotel again and really feel the 5 star experience.

Andrzej Hlywka

Reviewed 15 May 2014

First of all I have to say I like this hotel - I come almost every second week here.
But there are things you need to know before you book:

1) You need to get Deluxe rooms in the main building - there is restaurant and bar onsite, also there are sunblinds on the skylights above the bed. If you get the roomsin the second building, you have no skylight sunblinds and you would be up with the first sun of the day. Also you would have to cross some 100m to the other building for the breakfast, which is anoying especialy during winter.

2) even if you stay in the main building, there are issues. The rooms overall are nice and great, but some of them have problems. if you stay above the kitchen, in one of the rooms there is the noisy exhaust tube from a hoodin the kitchen. this week I stayed in the room 20 which was noisy as well, God knows what was the reason.

3) if you come during cold winter, you should be cautios not to take the rooms in the corners of the building. I stayed in Junior in the corner and there was -9 outside. Inside there was +10 (i bought thermometer, because I could not believe it) degrees. It took 24hours to solve the issue with additional heaters. I need to say the Staff is always very nice ad tried to solve it. It was probably more management issue (resources not available).

4) Kitchen is nice overall, but breakfast is very weak. Very limited selection of food. Some much cheeper hotels in Poznan (Illon hotel) are much better.

5) you can also eat in Whisky Bar, but I dont know why I need to send a message to the chef, that I know the recipeand he should use 180g of meat instead of 10g as usual. This is disaster.

If you avoid the bad choices you will be very happy here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Dyrektor generalny at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay in City Park Hotel & Residence.
As you probably know our Hotel was adapted after the historical military area and this was the main determinant of the buildings location. I am glad that you understand this and we will be more than happy to welcome you again in the Deluxe Suite in the main building. Regarding to the skylights we are planning to install the sun blinds in every Classic Suite until the end of July 2014.
If it comes for the noise in room 20 there is the chimney located from our pizzeria. I will make sure that your expectation will always be take into consideration when assigning the room for you.
Last time when you have visited the hotel during the winter we had the technical issues with hotel heating system. I must say that the reaction was instant and we bought the electrical heaters as soon as possible.
As for the breakfast this is the first negative review we have get so far. Live station with pancakes, omelettes, homemade bread, highest quality products all with great care for our guests. Of course we will work even harder on food diversity.
Our burgers served in the Whisky Bar 88 have a standard weight such as other good hotel bars so I think this must be some misunderstanding.
I will be more than happy to meet you Sir in personal during your next stay in City Park Hotel & Residence.

Ziemowit Majewski

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

An excellent modern and contemporary hotel, very large rooms decorated and furnished to an excellent standard. Great restaurant with lots of choice and a great wine selection. A very well stocked whiskey bar with hundreds to choose from. Pizza take away onsite for fast food lovers.
One of the best hotels I've ever stopped in, and I work away regular. The Staff can't do enough to help.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Paul,

Many thanks for your kind words following your recent stay with us at City Park Hotel & Residence Poznan. I was delighted that we met your expectations and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Andrzej Hływka

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at the City Park for 2 weeks while on business travel and the hotel was very nice.
Clean rooms, friendly staff and nice onsite amenities made the extended stay enjoyable.
The onsite restaurant and whiskey bar were both very nice with excellent service. The food was very fresh and a good variety. The breakfast buffet was very good also.
They have a cigar bar that is outstanding with a very good selection to choose, along with the whiskey selection. Parking is awkward, but once you get the hang of it, it isn't much of an issue.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your stay in City Park Hotel & Residence Poznan.

We are delighted to read Your opinion about the quality of our restaurant, bar and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Andrzej Hływka

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel is not located in the very centre of Poznan but has its charm. There's a whiskey bar on ground floor and hotel is located among prestigious shopping area with cafés etc. rooms are spacious, food is very good especially breakfasts. Staff was fine. All in all nice boutique place in fine surroundings.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business