“Good choice”

Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Poznan
swindon
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel was an ex military establishment, but not anymore,
The hotels rooms are exceptional, as they should be for a top hotel, but I have got to say this is one of the most comfortable rooms I have stayed in
The staff could not be more helpful, the guy who checked me in lead me to the room,
The pool is a good size,
On site it has a restaurant which I didn't use, except to have a drink in the evening and breakfast in the morning
During the day there is a supermarket, and a couple of coffee shops in the on site mall.
If you want to leave the hotel and go for something to eat, I would recommend getting a taxi to the old town, where you will find plenty of bars and restaurants in the old town square,
Thai to the old town cost me about £5.00 and the taxi from the airport to the hotel cost me about the same

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Martyn,

Thank you for sharing your City Park Hotel & Residence experience with us.

There is not much I could probably add to your great review only that next time you need to try our Cucina Restaurant where our Chef Ernest Jagodziński is creating a great seasonal menu.

I hope to see you soon in City Park Hotel & Residence Poznan.

Andrzej Hływka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

What a beautiful, charming, top class hotel ! (we were in the main building). Starting from the building itself, the way it was renovated and restored, through the spacious, comfortable rooms, delicious food, great choice of whiskies and last but not least, delightful staff:-). You can see the attention to detail everywhere (hello, lights turning on and following you as you walk in the hallway instead of all being turned on at once:-) ). This place has enormous potential (we only stayed one night, so I did not get to see everything) and it is a bit of a shame small inconsistencies shade the otherwise great experience.

You can definitely see savings attempts in the bathroom - there is no shower cap available and the cosmetics are not good quality (there is no such thing as body and hair soap/shampoo/conditioner that actually works and this is what you get here in a big container bottle like at the airport hotels of lower standard). To me, quite a disappointment as I do not want to have to drag bottles of my products with me and I count on the hotel to provide adequate items.

The windows do not absorb the noise as they should. We slept through the night, but could have been more comfortable.

The hallway didn't seem to be ventilated enough, it was quite stuffy and the air had a definite swimming pool humidity/smell to it.

The food in the restaurant is mostly magnificent, the menu is just a bit inconsistent as there are a few bland duds among all the amazing dishes served.

Overall, close to fantastic. Just a bit missing, but you will have a great time there nonetheless:-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NATinCPH
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear NATinCPH,

Many thanks for your review on TripAdvisor, but first of all for staying at the City Park Hotel & Residence Poznań. We appreciate your positive and detailed feedback.

The shower caps they are available upon request. I am sorry You have not received such information. As for the our Bogner's cosmetics are actually high quality but We have taken note of all your observations.

Our Chef is changing the menu seasonally and always create it with great passion. I hope next time you will have the opportunity to taste new amazing dishes.

Front Office Manager
Shepperton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The city park hotel has a lot of history, is laid out extremely well and you feel more that you’re staying in a village than a hotel
The staff were really friendly on arrival and spoke very good English (my polish is poor) I was then escorted from the reception area to a nearby building and to the room. The room was very well laid out and very chic with a hidden kitchen, very expansive bath room, setting area and very very comfortable bed.

The hotel has cobbled streets, which lead you to differing restaurants; Italian sushi etc etc, clothing stores food stores and a whiskey bar. The whole feel of the place is great.
I ate in the Italian restaurant Very nice (separate trip advisor) and drunk in the whisky bar (be aware you can smoke in the bar so for non-smokers it’s a bit of a shock. Whiskey selection is good single malt not great but it’s all a matter of personal choice.
My room faced the road, but morning traffic noise starts late so you will get a good night’s sleep. Another point is the room numbers, don’t look at the doors they are on the floor and at night lit by LED’S …slightly confusing.
The hotel is slightly out from the main town square but only takes 10-15 minutes to walk and is safe.
Breakfast was in the Italian restaurant and was really good with hot cold food and a good array of foods.
In the hotel and restaurants the staff were really friendly and couldn’t do enough for you
I would defiantly recommend this hotel and defiantly return too it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I arrived at night. On the property you cannot find any sign where the hotel is.
After asking around I found the reception. The hotel is beautiful restored.
They told me that the property was an army barrack years ago.

Rooms are big, new and nicely finished.
Remember to close the roof at night not to be awaken early in the morning.
Service in the hotel is average and for a 5 star hotel you expect more.

Food is ok. Room service is bad. Check you food especially your meat.
Raw meat on a hot day. A chef that doesn't know what he's doing.

If you want a nice room and don't care about service this place is good. When you are looking for a good 5 star hotel you have to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Room 4 was nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you had some trouble to find the reception. We have recently installed huge neon sign with our logo to help the guest find the way to our Hotel. In the next few weeks we are planning to install additional designation.

Thank you that you appreciate the history of our complex and our rooms.

I do not quite understand the room service issue. I know that you have ordered a medium rare burger and it was served this way. The meat is 100% best quality beef and I am sure it was not raw.

As for the service I am really concerned about your opinion. Providing the best 5 star service is always our priority.

I hope you will have the opportunity to visit our hotel again and really feel the 5 star experience.

Andrzej Hlywka
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

First of all I have to say I like this hotel - I come almost every second week here.
But there are things you need to know before you book:

1) You need to get Deluxe rooms in the main building - there is restaurant and bar onsite, also there are sunblinds on the skylights above the bed. If you get the roomsin the second building, you have no skylight sunblinds and you would be up with the first sun of the day. Also you would have to cross some 100m to the other building for the breakfast, which is anoying especialy during winter.

2) even if you stay in the main building, there are issues. The rooms overall are nice and great, but some of them have problems. if you stay above the kitchen, in one of the rooms there is the noisy exhaust tube from a hoodin the kitchen. this week I stayed in the room 20 which was noisy as well, God knows what was the reason.

3) if you come during cold winter, you should be cautios not to take the rooms in the corners of the building. I stayed in Junior in the corner and there was -9 outside. Inside there was +10 (i bought thermometer, because I could not believe it) degrees. It took 24hours to solve the issue with additional heaters. I need to say the Staff is always very nice ad tried to solve it. It was probably more management issue (resources not available).

4) Kitchen is nice overall, but breakfast is very weak. Very limited selection of food. Some much cheeper hotels in Poznan (Illon hotel) are much better.

5) you can also eat in Whisky Bar, but I dont know why I need to send a message to the chef, that I know the recipeand he should use 180g of meat instead of 10g as usual. This is disaster.

If you avoid the bad choices you will be very happy here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Dyrektor generalny at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay in City Park Hotel & Residence.
As you probably know our Hotel was adapted after the historical military area and this was the main determinant of the buildings location. I am glad that you understand this and we will be more than happy to welcome you again in the Deluxe Suite in the main building. Regarding to the skylights we are planning to install the sun blinds in every Classic Suite until the end of July 2014.
If it comes for the noise in room 20 there is the chimney located from our pizzeria. I will make sure that your expectation will always be take into consideration when assigning the room for you.
Last time when you have visited the hotel during the winter we had the technical issues with hotel heating system. I must say that the reaction was instant and we bought the electrical heaters as soon as possible.
As for the breakfast this is the first negative review we have get so far. Live station with pancakes, omelettes, homemade bread, highest quality products all with great care for our guests. Of course we will work even harder on food diversity.
Our burgers served in the Whisky Bar 88 have a standard weight such as other good hotel bars so I think this must be some misunderstanding.
I will be more than happy to meet you Sir in personal during your next stay in City Park Hotel & Residence.

Ziemowit Majewski
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

An excellent modern and contemporary hotel, very large rooms decorated and furnished to an excellent standard. Great restaurant with lots of choice and a great wine selection. A very well stocked whiskey bar with hundreds to choose from. Pizza take away onsite for fast food lovers.
One of the best hotels I've ever stopped in, and I work away regular. The Staff can't do enough to help.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Paul,

Many thanks for your kind words following your recent stay with us at City Park Hotel & Residence Poznan. I was delighted that we met your expectations and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at the City Park for 2 weeks while on business travel and the hotel was very nice.
Clean rooms, friendly staff and nice onsite amenities made the extended stay enjoyable.
The onsite restaurant and whiskey bar were both very nice with excellent service. The food was very fresh and a good variety. The breakfast buffet was very good also.
They have a cigar bar that is outstanding with a very good selection to choose, along with the whiskey selection. Parking is awkward, but once you get the hang of it, it isn't much of an issue.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Andrzej H, Kierownik recepcji at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your stay in City Park Hotel & Residence Poznan.

We are delighted to read Your opinion about the quality of our restaurant, bar and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.

Yours sincerely,