“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Poznan
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We spent 3 nights here during a city break in Poznan.

It deserves its very high ranking on Trip advisor. It is clean, welcoming, the staff speak perfect English, the rooms are very comfortable, the free wifi works a treat and its a 15 min walk into the middle of the old town - what more could you want ?

The hotel has bussiness emblazened on it's doors and windows, although most of the guests there were on vacation or families. Not sure about the whole bussiness thing going on there.

In summary a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Me_n_my_rucksack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Swindon - England
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at the Wloski Hotel for only one night in Poznan. My reason for visiting the city was to visit the stadium that will be used for Euro 2012. The hotel is a 10 to 15 stroll from the city train station. It is a fantastic hotel, smart in appearance, really nice rooms and a fantastic choice for breakfast. The Old town is only a 10 stroll away and all in all it is a great place to stay. The only ciricism I would have is about payment. I paid on arrival and was handed the machione to enter my PIN number. It was only when I got to my room did I realsie that they had charged me in sterling rather than the local currency. They should have offered me the opportunity of my chioce but this never did happen. I questioned it later and was advised that it was in zloty but when I got back to the UK I realised this was not the case. It is more advantageuos for a hotel to process by this method. It means they make more money. They should've offered me the choice but this did not happena and is something I will take up with them directly. This did put a slight blemish in my visit but apart from that this is a great place to stay if you are visiting Poznan

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Restaurant is the thing I would remember here for sure. It contains only 3 stars but for sure can compete with higher starts hotels. I would love the breakfast here. The only disadvantage I can find is the sight from the window. There is rather no pleasure to enjoy the sight of city.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Swarzedz, Poznan, Poland
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I was some time ago in this hotel and I can say that was suprised very positive. This hotel is awesome. A good location, nice rooms and tasty food and pleasant staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Only stopped for 2 nights. We had problem with our basin with the water draining away very very slowly, was offered another room but declined as we were settled and only stayed two nights, manager tried to fix it but then started to leak then they tried fixing this we left them to it, and went into town when we came back bottle if red wine and 2 wine glasses left for us Leak was fixed but still daring slowly - but what lovely thought! unfortunately we didn't get to drink it as we had very very early flight in the morning and we were driving. Restaurant had dinner there - like proper Italian food. Mm mm definitely stop again.

• Stayed January 2012
Torun, Poland
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Wloski (Pronounced "Vwosky" - it's Polish for Italian) in November 2011. I arrived ahead of my scheduled check in time, but the lady at the arrivals desk did not even mention it. She allowed me to speak to her in Polish (which was nice) but also spoke very good English when I became stuck. I settled my bill in advance and was quickly given my key to my room. Upon arriving in the room I found a modestly sized, but well equipped room with 2 large beds, a 28" LCD tv with cable, a fridge and a lovely bathroom. Complementary items were above and beyond what is normally expected of a 3*, with toothbrushes and so on. The shower was great, as were the comfy, fluffy towels.
Despite being on a main road coming in to the city centre, it was very quiet in the rooms, thanks to good quality windows. The location also meant that it was a 10 minute walk to the stary rynek (old square).
I would definitely stay here again, if I wanted to visit Poznan.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This hotel turned out to be better than I expected. Good location (one can easily walk to the old town), the double bedroom we got was not too spacious but more than enough for 2 people, very clean, soft beds, breakfast with a very big choice of food, free use of PC and printer - no doubt I would recommend it to anyone visiting Poznan!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends