“Nice place in the city center”
Review of Hostel La Guitarra

Hostel La Guitarra
Ranked #64 of 125 Speciality Lodging in Poznan
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Localization of this place is excellent! 2 minutes from the Old Town. Really great! Our room (two single beds) was pretty clean, bathroom with fancy shower, however there was only one chair... Staff was nice, decent included breakfast (you can bring your own food - La Guitarra has fully equipped kitchen). Nice tv area. Free internet. Genuine old building is impressive.
I also like the theme of this hostel which is guitar and the most famous guitarist ever.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank r0bal

Reviewed 6 September 2011

OVERALL: 90%

Atmosphere: 65%
Location: 100%
Staff: 80%
Cleanliness: 95%
Facilities: 100%
Value: 90%
Safety: 100%

Liked: This was a great place; I had a very enjoyable stay here. It has everything you’d expect from a top-of-the-line hostel. Everything is really nice, modern and clean. It was very well located, within walking distance from the train station and very close to the old town square. There’s free WIFI everywhere. The bathroom/showers area particularly were really impressive, I really liked the layout and functionality. The rooms themselves are great also, very comfortable beds. I’m not sure if there was central air conditioned or something, but the temperature was very comfortable everywhere and also in the rooms, so you could get a nice night’s sleep as it wasn’t sweaty and muggy during the hot summer months as other places. You get a special keycard that unlocks both your bedroom door and the full-size locker in your room. You also get a very good breakfast included in the price. The staff is also nice and helpful.

Disliked: Nothing really. The price was a bit on the high end of what I paid during my trip, but definitely worth it for everything I got.

Would I recommend this hostel? Yes. It’s a great place and it’s definitely worth staying there if you’re in Poznan.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank warpv
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I strongly recommend this hostel because staff is excellent, location is very good, cheap price, instalations in good conditions and don´t forget free breakfast and free internet!. In a nutshell, if you visit Poznan, you should try " Guitarra Experience". However, the only problem is once you leave Hostel La guitarra you will miss it forever. Enjoy your travel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mario M
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The location is really nice 5min walk from city center and 5min from the old market where all restaurants pubs and clubs are located. Lockers and doors are on magnetic card, which is very usefull. Breakfast was ok, quite comfortable bed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank art-sad
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Be careful with this hostel, looks cheap but then money will be charged to you for breaking rules that you have not done it. I explain to you my case. Everything was fine until you get to my house trip to Poznan, I saw that I havi charged 50 euros more than an unknown name. We sent a very polite email saying it was wrong and he said, which he had breached the rules when it was not true. It was stupid face.

I honestly do not go, you prove more expensive than you think.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeorginaGS
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Great staff, E N O R M O U S breakfast (English, German, French an US hostels - you should rather feel ashamed of what you serve! :)

Very clean and shiny rooms, the place is brand new has dish washer, "big rain" showers. It is not a hostel - it is a shared appartment!

Śmierć zezowatym Niemcom z Magdeburga :)

Room Tip: each room is very clean as the place is brand new
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank zezowatyniemiec
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I booked through hostelworld.com this hostel (didn't write a review there as recently this site got the habit not to post my reviews publicly,so what's the point?) for 3 nights on January 2011.
When approaching the hostel, the impression is rather alarming,as it's located at the far end of a courtyard, in a not-so-nice looking building. Entering inside the building,(staircase) it looks rather shabby too. But when you finaly enter hostel reception (a couple of steps up), you can feel really relieved,as this is a brand new nicely decorated place. Theme is guitar and guitar players,so there are photos and stuff related to this, and rooms are named after guitar players too.
Reception offers two computers for use, free of charge unless if you are staying on one of the very cheap special deals that hostel offers time to time. That came very handy in my case, because exactly upon my arrival, a problem occured with Wi-Fi, and wasn't fixed till I left. Free computer use almost resolved this problem, but not completely, as I wanted to use my own netbook to be in touch with my boyfriend through Skype... This was the only problem I encounter in the whole stay though, otherwise I am very happy with this hostel.
I stayed in a twin private room so can't comment on dorms, but in my room- No 2 (Jack White) - the beds were comfortable with fluffy duvers, there was a small wardrobe, a tiny table and a chair, and decent space to put my stuff. Shared toilets and showers are very spacey, and were kept spotlessly clean - note of course that I was quite likely alone staying there, Poznan is extremely quite on off-season weekdays!
I didn't get to use the kitchen but seemed well-equiped to me, and common room has a huge LCD TV and all sort of this hi-tech staff ... Breakfast was very decent for a hostel too.
Security is an issue worthing mentioning in hostels, La Guitarra offers key cards to enter main building, reception and room, so this place is quite safe. I am not sure what's the situation with lockers, as I didn't need one and didn't ask about it.
Last but not least, location is very good, a stone's thrown from the square, and 10 mminutes on a tram from Glowny train station. Tram stop is exactly outside, but as the hostel is located at the back of the yard, you get the convenience without the noise.
I would easily stay here again, and would advice you to give it a try!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo