“Fantastic stay at Hill Hostel”
Review of Hill Inn

Hill Inn
Ranked #14 of 127 Speciality Lodging in Poznan
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at Hill Hostel for three nights and had a wonderful stay - our room was spacious, beautifully furnished and comfortable and our private bathroom was nice and clean. The communal area downstairs is comfortable and a nice place to relax in the evenings, and equipped with complimentary tea and coffee. The best thing was the staff - all so friendly, welcoming and helpful. They gave us plenty of great advice about what to see and do, and did whatever they could to make our stay as pleasant as possible. And the location!! Perfectly in the centre of Poznan. This was the best place we stayed at during our holiday in Poland, we will definitely be back and are telling all our friends to stay there when they visit Poznan!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 December 2012

on my travels in poland i decided to pass through poznan. the hill hostel is one of the best options you can find there, in my opinion. everything is well equipped, friendly open minded staff and central location below the just reconstructed castle and right behind the market square ...

Room Tip: simply talk with the people who work there and tell them about your needs :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The lighting in the corridors and stairs is not automatic. This means that you need to walk along pitch black corridors groping along the walls to find the light switches (which switch off after about 10 seconds). Due to this I fell down some steps leading from the roof terrace to my room and twisted my ankle badly. I then spent most of the night alone in a Poznan hospital, being x-rayed and having a plaster cast fitted. It was the night before I had to give an important talk at an international conference.

My accident was 10 days ago and I still need to use crutches to walk. I spent all day today at my GP's and in the local hospital being examined and x-rayed again because my foot isn't healing properly. So, yes: the hostel is as described, but no: I can't recommend staying there unless you use a torch after dark. This accident ruined my conference and my consequent holiday in Krakow due to my not being able to walk and being in a lot of pain. Using crutches is surprisingly hard work.

The hostel owner still has not apologised to me personally or changed the inadequate lighting.

Room Tip: read the reviews... and use a torch after dark.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights in April - we had a double room with private bathroom. For the money, it was fine - in fact the room was no better or worse than the Ibis where we stayed the previous night. Hostel has small kitchen available as well as breakfast incuded in price (breakfast not as good as the Ibis - but cheaper!) Location - it's about two minutes from the Old Rynek. hostel has various room types - single/double/triple/ up to dormitory size.

One caveat - the building next to the hotel is a pub/nightclub so if possible ask for a room on the opposite side to avoid the party noise (although to be frank it didn't disturb us)

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Lennox-Velma
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The room was dirty, but the bathroom was the most disgusting thing. It was broken, when I flush the toilet, the water overflood. The shower didn't work either, water goes everywhere. They didn't repaire it. Next day we found a cockroach! IT was the worst experience we ever had in a hostel.
I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank maria54600
Reviewed 1 September 2011

right on market square staff are very friendly and helpfull and poznan is a really beautifull place to wind away a couple of nights i highly recommend this hostel just a couple of strides and you are in the centre enjoy

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank nevetssekoorb
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This hostel is placed nearly on old market square (about 100m) on little hill next to castle which is rebuild now. Service is nice, rich breakfast not to crowded. Reasonable prices for night. Only disadvantage I noticed is not to many toitlets and showers (1 for men and 1 for women?) for each flor which is definetly to less for so many people could stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo