I stayed one night at this hotel. The price was a bit more than I wanted to pay (I was just passing through on my way to another destination) but good reviews here and elsewhere led me to book here instead of some other cheaper options.
Pros: - Location is approximately half way between the train station (from where I arrived and departed) and the Old Town (my main interest).
- It is on a main street but the entrance and rooms themselves are across a courtyard far enough away from the road so as not to be disturbed by traffic.
- It was snowing the night I stayed there and, though it ought to be expected anyway, the radiator worked well so there were no heat problems.
- 24 hour reception.
Cons: - Breakfast costs an extra 30 or so zlotys. I didn't bother.
- Despite being given the free Wifi code when checking-in at no time did it work in my room during my stay. Given that it worked perfectly at the local McDonald's (5 min. walk) and all the other hotels I stayed in that month in Poland, Germany, and the Netherlands I assume it wasn't a problem with my device.
- The middle aged blonde woman at the reception desk spoke English well but didn't like being asked questions. She was not very approachable.
- The bed was not very comfortable.
- Though there was no noise from outside the hotel there was inside I could hear conversations next door and when people were walking in the hallway it was very loud. When they were opening their doors it felt like they were entering my room.
- Fairly small room with very old furnishings - though the bathroom (including shower) was decent enough.
- I briefly went through the TV channels and IIRC there was one in English (France 24 news channel) and a few in German. The rest in Polish.
I've been to two other Polish cities (Krakow and Warsaw) before but this was my first time in Poznan so I can only compare this hotel to similarly priced places in other parts of Poland. With that caveat in mind it seemed to me that although Hotel Royal is acceptable enough for a short stay it is also overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3-star Royal Hotel is a cosy boutique hotel located in the heart of Poznan city, near Old Town Square, Poznan Central Railway Station and Poznan International Fair. All significant city monuments, finest Poznan restaurants and bars and innumerable attractions are within your reach. The Hotel guarantees comfortable rooms with charming décor, cosy atmosphere and attractive price. The lobby bar is open around the clock. The 24-hour reception staff can help you book tickets and arrange airport and station transfers. The Hotel has two air-conditioned and well equipped conference rooms. The Royal Hotel blends historical charm with modern interior design with high standard furnishing and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hotel Poznan