“Lovely hotel and friendly staff”

Sheraton Poznan Hotel
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Poznan
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on a business trip. Very nice clean interior and a spacious room was given to us on the 6th Club floor. On this floor there is a complimentary club room with a TV, fruit, cakes and wifi.
We ate in the pub-style restaurant both nights and enjoyed their food and the waitresses were friendly and spoke good english.
See Reception to get the free wifi working in the lobby. You have to pay for wifi in your room.
Overall, it was a clean, comfortable and friendly hotel.
There's also a Taxi rank outside the hotel door for convenience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear MissSun
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. It is nice to hear that you were satisfied with our offer and enjoyed your time here. Providing our guests a memorable and pleasant stay is what we aim at every day.
I hope, that we will have the pleasure to welcome you in Poznan soon again.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I was very happy to be in this hotel, started with easy parking, continued with very friendly receive at the reception and the room was excellent. All hotel services such as lobby bar, taxi or wake call and breakfast were very good, friendly staff, no complaints at all.

Room Tip: any rooms are of a good choice, very quiet too
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2012

Dear Pavel C
Thank you very much for writing a review on Trip Advisor and for rating Sheraton Poznan so high. I am pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant and you liked both our services and facilities.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in our city and hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

During our trip through Poland we had a two-night stop in Poznan. We booked the Sheraton as the hotel was highly rated and that we are SPG Gold members. I booked a Club room for two night for two persons and emailed the hotel if they want to prepare an extra bed for a child. I received an email back from Ms. Magdalena that the extra bed is requested, and the amount of 120 PLN will be fully prepaid by me. Not the kind of email you expect but I did not agree on that one. I never had, and also never will pay for an extra bed for a child so I send a Tweet to SPG and they told me the extra bed would be complimentary and that they have contacted the hotel who knows about this matter.

We arrived by train from Wroclaw and we could see the hotel from the exit of the Poznan Glowny station. The walk with luggage takes maximum 10 minutes.

We checked in with both Ms. Joanna and Ms. Katarzyna who was a trainee. The last named was friendly, the other person not. We received a check in form with the daily rate on and off course the extra bed was also mentioned on that. I friendly told them SPG had told me that it was complimentary and luckily I had printed that message from my Twitter. Ms. Joanna wanted to have it as a back up she told us. Finally they removed it from the form and gave us the keys from our room on the 6th floor. We also received a cocktail voucher for the bar but further info was not given.

As Gold members we should normally get an upgrade but I do not think we received one as the room looked pretty standard. We received room 607, which was not far from the Club Lounge also on the 6th floor.

The room was modern decorated and everything we expect to be in a five star hotel was present in our room. There were also extra toiletries and towels but only one bathrobe and only one pair of slippers. The room itself had a bathroom on the left side with big walk-in rain shower, a toilet and a sink. The bedroom had a big bed, a desk and the extra bed. We had a view on the front of the hotel over the central station and the congress center next to the hotel. There was a bottle of wine in the room, the same was given in the Club Lounge but the glasses were very dirty in our room.

At check in we were also told that we had to follow instructions on our computer to access the internet complimentary. The process was extremely slow and not straightforward. The connection speed was mentioned 4Mbit down and 1Mbit up but that was the biggest lie ever. The internet was the slowest ever. It took ages to open a website and I got often the error message that there were over 4 connecting devices which was not true as I only connected devices.

The club lounge was also very nicely decorated and has some sofas, a TV, library, coffee machine and a fridge with some soft drinks. There is no staff present in the lounge but on Saturday the empty bottles were taken at least ones an hour. There are some cookies and croissants but that’s it. There are also two computers in the lounge and one printer.

We received a Cocktail Voucher for in the Some Place Else bar as there is no evening drinks or snacks offered inside the lounge. Around 6PM we went to the bar and a quite arrogant small blonde girl came to our table and explained us we can have a soft drink, a beer, wine, whisky, rum or white martini. Ms. Katharyzna from Front Desk told us we could take everything even cocktails so we asked the blonde girl for a cocktail but that was not allowed even though the voucher clearly says Cocktail Voucher. The blonde girl was one of the most arrogant and unfriendly staff member I ever seen in a hotel. What a shame as the rest of the hotel is quite good.
We also received a plate with two chicken wings and some other hot little snacks. The quality was good but the chicken wings for example did not have much flavor.

There was no turndown service so you need to reuse your towels unless you call housekeeping off course.

Next morning we had breakfast in – the almost empty – restaurant located in the lobby. The choice is good and the food quality is extensive. An excellent mix of all kinds of food and drinks. Even Champagne is offered. Service was okay but could have been better.

After breakfast we left the hotel and spend a day in the old town and also visited the Church Island. The old town is about 20 minutes walking distance of the hotel and you can come back from the Church Island by tram which stops not far from the hotel ( not the stop in front of the hotel ) .

In the evening I realized I forgot to buy Post cards so asked the reception. Mr. Kamil told me he had only two post cards left but that we could go to the post office, which was not far and open 24 hours. He pointed out the office on a map so took his route. On that place no post office so we walked back until we found the post office. He had pointed out that the post office was 3 streets further than it actually was…

Next morning breakfast again and now in a totally empty restaurant. Service was way better and orange juice was offered ( we did not have to take it our self ). Quality again very good and an excellent assortment.

That morning there was a cart from room service still standing in the corridor from the previous evening, which blocked half the corridor and on Sunday the lounge was not checked. It was really a mess with dirty plates, empty bottles, empty plates with snacks and empty fridge. Shame nobody even took the time to have a look.

Overall a good hotel and would definitely stay again. The bar staff is not very friendly and even one person was extremely arrogant. Others are lazy and some staff members are looking at TVs in the bar or read the newspaper.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Max W
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Liveyourlifegood
Thank you for taking the time and writing such a detailed review about Sheraton Poznan Hotel. We really appreciate our guests’ feedback and read all their comments thoroughly, as reviews help us understand guests’ needs better and adjust our services to them best.
I am very happy that you liked so many things about our hotel, such as breakfast food selection or Club Lounge and I am sorry to hear that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay. I shared some of your remarks with managers and staff members and we will use them for training purposes.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon and hope that on your next visit you’ll have a chance to further explore our wonderful city.

Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while on a business trip. Excellent food, clean and pleasant rooms, relaxing environment to retire to after a days work. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would recommend highly

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Reviewer
Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Trip Advisor.
Comments like yours motivate all of us here at the hotel to work even harder to make our guests' stays as pleasant and worth-remembering as possible.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you at Sheraton Poznan again.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Have been staying at this hotel on business for last 18 months usually staying 3-4 nights per week.
We have great corporate rate and usually have several team members staying so the food and bar have been a great retreat for us - especially during the winter months. Gym and pool are fine given they are under-utlised between 20-2200.
Staff have been very helpful and have clearly got to know us and anticipate our needs! The areas to watch out for are soft mattresses (some are worn out). If you intend to stay regularly... be warned that the menu has not changed in 18 months so you wil need to sweet talk the waitresses into finding you something different. The food is good quality and the Tyskie beer excellent!

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel do not get the traffic noise as Cars and Trams run right past.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Gareth C
Thank you for posting a review about Sheraton Poznan on Trip Advisor.
It is always good to find out what our frequent guests feel about us and how they perceive the hotel. I am happy to hear that you like spending time in our bars and on the fitness floor. As far menus in our restaurants are concerned, let me only explain, that in each restaurant the menu is changed at least once a year. Few times a year, our Chef also prepares seasonal menus and offers. Recently, we have updated the SomePlace Else menu by replacing some old dishes with the new ones. I hope that on your next visit you'll have a chance to try it and hope you'll like it.
Looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel soon again.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

It is a professional run hotel near the city center. One can walk to old town in about 30 min.
Lovely room, friendly and helpful staff. In contrast to the Sheraton Sopot the extra bed for my 11 year old was lovely to sleep on.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Reviewer
Let me first thank you for choosing Sheraton Poznan Hotel and posting a review on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the hotel. It is always great to hear such a pleasant opinion from a satisfied guest. I will for sure share your review with the hotel staff. Hope to see you in Poznan and at Sheraton again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Best hotel in Poznan. I like the rom. I feel goodwill in the hotell. Service eksellent. Food very god. Lot off car on the street but noting noice in hotell. Best you can bay. Swimming pool on 8 floor very god.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for writing a review on Trip Advisor and for giving Sheraton Poznan Hotel a wonderful note. I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel and felt well here. I hope that you'll come back to Poznan and us in the future.