“Original hotel”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Torun
Genoa, Italy
“Original hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nice hotel in nice location, . Friendly staff and food well cooked at the restaurant. The beds were not so good. Free wi-fi, but you must to log on every time you need. Air-condition in the rooms with not so much possibility to regulate the flow. The hotel has its own parking space with acceptable tarif.

Room Tip: Some Double room at higher floor have one of the bed close to the roof-side wall you must take care...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mateusz1231, General Manager at 1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Pspadaro5,
thank you for using the services of Hotel and Restaurant in 1231, during your stay in Torun.
I'm glad that the location, the staff and the food meet your expectations. I confirm that as a historic hotel, some of our rooms on the top floor have slanting ceilings. For some of the Guests is a minus, for others an added plus, because these rooms offer the most beautiful views outside the windows.

We will be pleased if we can host You again.

Best regards
Director of 1231 Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I had a really confortable stay. The service was excellent. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. The hotel is very close to all the things you have to see in Torun (Wisla river, buildings and churchs). Highly reccomended.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Antonio,
thank you for finding the time and willingness to write the review. I'm very pleased to be able to read that your stay at our hotel was successful. Thank you for recommending us to other members of the tripadvisor.com community .

We will be honored if, during your next visit to Torun, we will be able to host you.

Best regards
Halden, Norway
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very good and nice hotel. Friendly staff and good food at the restaurant. The beds were not so good though. Free wi-fi, but you had to log on all the time. Air-condition in the rooms. Nice location, in the old city and also close to the river. The hotel has a guarded parking space just 50 meters away from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mateusz1231, General Manager at 1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear "naihanchi",
Thank you for choosing the 1231 Hotel while staying in Torun.
Thank you also for the good comment and share your opinions.
I just wanted to clarify that after logon for our wifi network, You just do not log out, and then the computer automatically connects You to the Internet.
I invite you to visit us again.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We loved this hotel and everything about it! The location is great, the breakfast was fabulous, the staff were terrific and very helpful. The room was big, quiet and well set up. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mateusz1231, General Manager at 1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Slinowsky,
thank You for using the services of the 1231 Hotel and writing review.
We are very pleased to be able to read that You liked your stay with us.
Thank You for recommending us.
We invite you to visit us again.

Director of Hotel 1231
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We were so happy with everything at this hotel. The location is perfect. The service is great. The receptionists that we had the pleasure dealing with were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maggie P
Mateusz1231, General Manager at 1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Maggie P,
Thank You for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the 1231 Hotel .
I am so glad you liked our location and quality of service.
We would love being able to accommodate You again.

Director of Hotel 1231
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

First the positve points: the hotel is beautifully located in a quiet area in the old town in an former mill building. The historical setting and surrounding are an eye-catcher.
The rooms are cute and clean and staff is nice and generally helpful (eg they provided me with an umbrella when it suddenly started to rain heavily). Breakfast is delicious.
From this point of view 4.5 points are appropriate.

However, there was a wedding party going on on the weekend I stayed there and I was standing in my bed at 2 am in the middle of the night because of the nasty techno music they played downstairs. The walls of my room were vibrating so loud was the bass of the music. After contacting the reception three times on the phone and in person the situation wouldn't change and when I was about to loose my nerves they finally provided me with another room on the second floor which was a little more quiet but still not bass free. I had a sleepless night and I was shattered the day after. So, I don't understand how the management allows such noisy parties and still hosts external guests that are not part of the event. Even ear plugs did't help a bit. In my opinion, this is not accepable for a hotel of this kind of standard.
Also, the hotel has wifi but for some reason it didn't work properly all the time.
Finally, as I mentioned above, the breakfast buffet is delicious, but, even though it was a hot summer day, the tables in the beautiful garden weren't set, cleaned and served. On the second day, which was even more beautiful, I wasn't even allowed to go outside at all as the tables were not set up. Except for one small table right in front of the restaurant which was of course always occupied. Also, you have to pay extra for a cappucino, espresso etc
Recommendation: avoid the hotel on weekends or at least check if there is a party going on

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Madeleine M
Mateusz1231, General Manager at 1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Madam,
Thanks for writing extensive commentary and find the time for it.
I am pleased to read that, You do see our staff as friendly and helpful.
I'm glad also that You liked the breakfast.
Thanks for the hint that more tables in the summer garden during nice weather should be made ​​available for guests. We have implemented an appropriate procedure that will ensure access of guests to tables in the garden during breakfast! I confirm that ordered coffee at breakfast from pressure coffee machine are extra paid.
As to the loud music during wedding party on Saturday evening taking place in our restaurant, I can only apologize for the discomfort and also ensure that we are already working on a solution to this problem.
Our entire hotel has free high-speed internet, if you have had trouble logging on to the network, our front desk staff is always happy to help. On this day remained Guests did not report a similar problem, so it is hard for me to give the reason for this problem. We checked the wifi network the next day and it work properly.
Thank You once again for your feedback, it is for us a very important source of information.

I hope that, after all You will well remember a visit to our beautiful city of Toruń.
I wish You further trouble free and successful trip.

Turek, Poland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Perfect location...quiet, near old city
On top of it, perfect service from hotel team
We spend 2 days there, not our 1st visit there, but 1st time we visit hotel 1231
For sure, we will use it in our next visit
We are sure now it's the best address in torun

Room Tip: Room on front side....on the roof...stylish
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mateusz1231, General Manager at 1231 Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Hubert M,
thank you for taking the time to write reviews and recommend us.
I'm glad most of the fact that as the main plus You declared service quality.
We will be pleased, being able to host You again.