“Only a cafe - but what a cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kona Coast Cafe

Kona Coast Cafe
Ranked #43 of 170 Restaurants in Torun
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Kona Coast Cafe is a unique coffee roaster in the heart of the Old City. The freshly roasted beans from the remotest parts of the world and a unique recipe makes it a meeting place for lovers of black drink prepared by baristas at the highest level. Maybe you want to taste coffee brewed in an alternative way? Enjoy :) The Kona Coast Cafe we serve products only homemade based on fresh vegetables and fruits. #konafriends
Torun, Poland
“Only a cafe - but what a cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

When I first moved to Torun, where I now live, I was surprised to see that the highest rated restaurant in the city was in fact a cafe. As someone who really appreciates good coffee, I soon went along at the end of the summer to try an iced coffee. Very good it was too.
Still, I thought, it's JUST a cafe.
A couple months later, I went along with some friends for a sandwich and chose the Santorini. A lightly toasted ciabatta with black olive tapenade, greek cheese, roasted vegetables with a little balsamic dressing. The sandwich was basically flawless. The additional piece of seasonal fruit on the side was also a nice touch. Since winter has set in, there have been numerous "warming" daily specials, one of my favourites being the spicy oriental curry soup.
Staff in Kona coast are all very friendly and all speak Polish and English, so this place is ideal for tourists. They also - and this includes the owner - REALLY care about the quality of the food and drinks they provide, but equally about the cafe being a relaxed environment.
So Kona Coast IS just a cafe, but I more or less forbid you to be disappointed with anything you eat or drink there. It's all done just right.

• Visited December 2011

• Polish first
Torun, Poland
“Kona Coast Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I visit Kona whenever in a mood for a cup of hot coffee. When I am meeting with my friends I prefer the cafe on ul. Chelminska 18 to the one on ul. Piekary 22, which I choose when going out with my husband. Except from coffee, there is a wide choice of paninis (7zl small, 12 zl big) and salads. Worth trying are also muffins and banana bread.

• Visited October 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Coffee smells like freshly ground heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Sweet little place in the heart of old town Torun with free wireless, cosy atmosphere and classy music but more importantly, divine coffee and Santorini sandwich. Owners and staff are the best and the environment is so relaxed. I Highly Recommend!!!

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Alex M
Waitsfield, Vermont
“Our daily stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We were in Torun for three days, and on each of those days we popped into Kona Coast Cafe (both locations) to have a quick cup of tea and chai. We're not coffee drinkers, but the tea was great. My husband can vouch for the cheesecake, and we both enjoyed the brownies and cupcakes. A perfect spot when you need a little something, but not an entire meal. (I can't review the salads and sandwiches as we didn't try them, but our local friend assured us that they everything is fantastic.)

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank GottaDance
London, United Kingdom
“Very Average !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I was very suprised after reading all the good reviews about Kona Coast Cafe, how average it was actually. The coffee wasn't anything special either for me or any member of my family and the food...well definitely not good value for money (salads - i don't think it's very hard to throw everything into one bowl,put some salt and pepper and loads of vinegar , but everyone has their own taste...)
The service was very slow considering there was max 5 other customers !
I would not go back there again and would not recommend it.
You can find many more much better and cheaper places to eat and drink in beautiful
Torun.