“A strange feeling”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“A strange feeling”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I had a very good time and I recommend you this Japanese restaurant! I have to say that the food is not perfectly Japanese, meaning if you are used to eat in japan, you may be disappointed however the sashimi and sushi are made with a very high quality of fish and the chefs are extremely focus on the taste, the presentation and the style. You would be surprised to discover Japanese food with a polish angle, which is very interesting. To taste! I will come back....

Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Wloclawek, Poland
“Very good food, but....”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I like eating there from time to time. Food exellent, but slow and uninteressted service makes it less nice.
Expensive ( not less than 12 Euro = 16 $ pp ). Good located near the Old Town.
Sushi in Poland is not cheap but generally very good !
Enjoy !

• Visited February 2013
Torun, Poland
“Superb traditional Japanese”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

What a wonderful dining experience. This food is made with skill and love.
Both the sashimi and sushi are excellent and original. Nice and friendly staff & service, and relaxing music and atmosphere.
We have eaten Japonese all over the world, but this was one of our best.

• Visited January 2013
Torun, Poland
“Best sushi in Toruń”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Koi Sushi is my favourite Japanese restaurant in the city. It has great atmosphere, very nice waitresses and very good sushi masters. I always enjoy both sushi and hot meals, as well as the conversations with the sushi masters, who do a magnificent pieces of art of sushi in the meantime. Photos in the gallery on their web page are real, the meals really look (and taste!) so great when served. Each visit here is a wonderful time.

Saying the above, I can hardly agree with chocobonga's review. I also visited this restaurant last Friday and Saturday, during "Toruń for half price" event, and I must admit that I have never seen so many people there before. It shouldn't be a big suprise to anyone that in such case sushi was rolled faster than usual, but it was served with 50% discount, so it should be forgiven. Nevertheless, it was tasty and fresh, as usual.

• Visited September 2012
Bangkok
“Old sushi! Avoid it if you like your health.”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I ate there last night and was with 4 other friends.
The restaurant itself looked ok, clean and...yeah, like a normal small sushi restaurant.
The waitors were very stiff and rude. They were polish people in japanese outfit, but somehow they not learned to smile.
The ordered sushi came quite quick, but tasted really old and because each of us love sushi we know how fresh sushi tastes.
This sushi was for sure too old. The fish tasted weird, the rice was dry and the veggies old.

Noone of us finished the dish.
Even if it iwas obvious that we were unhappy, the waitors gave us no attention and were angry that they got no tip.

Last night, all uf us had stomach problems, 3 of us needed to stay the night in the bathroom.
We will complain at the local food office and hope they will check this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012